Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Jeffers0n

Re: Legend of the Invincibles (chapter 9 is out)

Post by Jeffers0n »

Undead Demons are not immune to plague, drain or poison, just wondering
Spoiler:
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Hm, I forgot to make them have the undead trait. Fixed, will be uploaded in the next version, undead demons will have also the undead trait in addition to the two random ones.
Reply to your spoiler:
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

hi im playing chapter 9 and i just came from "Urai's Den" to "Catacombs of Prolonged Argony" and got stock in a upper corner ofthe maps with no way out and no way back, after i realaded from Urais den i killed a enemy (to change the random), i did not have the problem.

after i came from "Catacombs of Prolonged Argony" to "Halls oof miceation", after i went the same way back i was suddenly in Steelehive instead of "Catacombs of Prolonged Argony"
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Thanks for this information. The bugs were found and the fix will come with the next update.
edwardspec

Post by edwardspec »

By the way,
are the campaigns translatable?

(i.e. can I somehow help to translate them into, say, Russian?)
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Dialogues are translatable, but a significant part of the item manipulation menu is not (and it is not trivial to make it translatable, but I might work on it). But I cannot assure you with that, because I have not tried to generate the translation file (I have no directions how to translate it neither). I would be glad if you tried to translate it, although I would not have the time to proofread it (because although I was learning Russian for like 3 years, I have forgotten a lot and I am painfully slow at reading Cyrillic letters).
jeffgreen

Post by jeffgreen »

I thing I remember a comment in this thread about the dragons being too big. I don't know how the Wesnoth Licence works, but another campaign The Library of Kratemaght has some wondeful (and smaller) dragon animations that you might like to incorporate (or adapt).
Jeffers0n

Post by Jeffers0n »

In the crafting menu, if you choose an item to craft and then click 'No, I never wanted to create anything, I just misclicked, the item is crafted anyway and works, but doesn't show up in the Items menu
Why can't Spectres and Reapers equip scythes?
Edit: Can't there be a way to swap gems for other gem's?(I have 170 Obsidian's and only three Black Pearls)
Silux

Post by Silux »

Dragon size isn't much a trouble as it's annoying only in the recall list, as you can see less units together when a dragon or a dragon rider is in the list.
Anyway if it looks nicer, why not:)

I found the code which restricts equipment on the first 2 turns and i'm experimenting how it could be if it is also fortress based:)
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

i had the dragon rider problen on 10.3 but not anymore when i updated on 10.6.

@Silux: i changed that part of the code completely to lua (because in lua it takes less than 1 second with ~400 items in the inventory (don't remember what it was before)), in lua i'd do it with "local is_castle = wesnoth.get_terrain_info(wesnoth.get_terrain(x, y)).castle" where x,y is from the event context. But i dont know how to do it in normal wml
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

jeffgreen wrote:I thing I remember a comment in this thread about the dragons being too big. I don't know how the Wesnoth Licence works, but another campaign The Library of Kratemaght has some wondeful (and smaller) dragon animations that you might like to incorporate (or adapt).
As gfgtdf said, the units that are too large are no longer a problem on the recall list on 1.10.6, this is one of the few things they can do with the stable version without making the multiplayer unstable. Because the original dragon sprite is so huge, I have decided that Dragon Rider might be sitting on a pretty huge dragon too. A problem with Library of Kratemaqt is that as far as I know, these sprites were rendered in Blender and look somewhat different compared to usual wesnoth sprites.
jeffers0n wrote:In the crafting menu, if you choose an item to craft and then click 'No, I never wanted to create anything, I just misclicked, the item is crafted anyway and works, but doesn't show up in the Items menu
Whoops, I forgot to fix this, it was already reported.
gfgtdf wrote: i changed that part of the code completely to lua (because in lua it takes less than 1 second with ~400 items in the inventory (don't remember what it was before)), in lua i'd do it with "local is_castle = wesnoth.get_terrain_info(wesnoth.get_terrain(x, y)).castle" where x,y is from the event context. But i dont know how to do it in normal wml
It can be done through the store_locations tag, and if the code contains the letter C, it is a castle. But there is no need to experiment with it, I'll do it, I know what to do. The reason why I haven't converted this slow piece of code into lua is that it will need another rewrite because the actual version is trying to keep it compatible with versions before 2.5.0 (that are not more than two weeks old), when these versions will be old enough to be sure that not much people are using them, I will rewrite it. Doing this thing in lua is easier than doing it in WML, I am just trying to keep as much code is WML as possible because I want it to be possible to learn something about WML from this add-on (I want add some comments once).
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

why dont just just write a small code ethat moves all items form the old inventoy into the new inventory?.

ps: i just noticed, that in the event that stores the item from the last boss drop you still use the old inventory.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

It would have to be executed at the beginning of every single scenario for several months, but I think I'll do it anyway.

Thanks for reminding me to change that part of the code, I forgot about it.
gooby

Post by gooby »

Seems to have improved since last I played it.

What is the point of item storage though? I forgot. Most of the stuff you try to put in there will just disappear.

Can you tell me where I recruit zombies in the newest version of "Where the Sun Does not Shine"?
Jeffers0n

Post by Jeffers0n »

In Where The Sun Does Not Shine there is a castle near the north-east corner