Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

xhh2a

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by xhh2a »

The save file already has the bug replicated and done. All I did was start the very first scenario on 1.11.1 (2.4.14 version) with debug mode on (you can do it via a shortcut ex C:\Games\Wesnoth\wesnoth.exe --debug), advance one of the units to a bugged state, move said unit, then advance a different unit once. You shouldn't need to replicate it again since I already did it on the very first scenario, and those (^) were the steps I used to do it.

Here's a new save file. On load, move Delenia to a different hex, then have Efraim attack the 1 hp corpse and level up. Also attached is an image of the repro steps for this new save file.
Attachments
Reproduction.png
SimpleBug.gz
(237.83 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
Last edited by xhh2a on March 19th, 2013, 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Strange, but I saw nothing strange there, just Delly advanced a bit beyond reason. No duplicated units, because as I said, these duplicates vanish from time to time, and loading a save file seems to be one of the things that make them vanish. So I saw nothing. I know to run wesnoth in debug mode, although Windows command line commands are a bit harder to use on Linux, but the problem I had was that I could not use keyboard, and therefore I could not type a thing, so I could not make them advance. Advancing with debug mode can cause this bug to reappear even if it was on wesnoth 1.10 where it works fine.

And I need a reliable way to replicate it so that I could insert probes into the save file to see what is going on during the process. And I could not replicate it on version 2.4.12 (but I was able to replicate it on 2.4.11), so I believed it was working correctly, so I did not change that part of the code. That is why I want to see a save file to see how could you encounter that problem.
xhh2a

Post by xhh2a »

Did you see the image I just added to my post above?

I loaded the new save file I posted above, did the steps, and it was reproducible for me.

I can give you a save 1 step before the save in my previous post/image so you can see what is going on when Delenia levels into the bugged state.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

You will want to kill me, but... this is what was the result of doing absolutely the same thing on my machine.
I was running wesnoth 1.11.1 win32, downloaded from sourceforge as precompiled file with that installing GUI. What were you running?
xhh2a

Post by xhh2a »

Did you MOVE Delenia to a different hex before you killed the zombie? You need to move her.
Version.png
1.11.1 32 bit Wesnoth from the main site (http://sourceforge.net/projects/wesnoth ... e/download), LotI 2.4.14 from the add on server on Win7 Home Premium x64

Attached is another save game along with reproduction screenshots at an earlier time (I changed the side of the allied units to prevent them from killing the zombie)
SimpleBug2.gz
(248.36 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
Reproduction2.png
Remember to move Delenia on the second turn to any other hex before killing the zombie on the village with Efraim.
Last edited by xhh2a on March 19th, 2013, 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I was able to replicate it. Thank you for cooperation. I will check it out. I really forgot to move her. I also verified that loading a save file destroys the duplicates. Although your save file was merely a demonstration and the bug originated elsewhere (when Delenia advanced, not when Efraim advanced), I managed to create a save file where I replicated the problem (before I realised you posted one like that :lol2: ).
Last edited by Dugi on March 19th, 2013, 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
xhh2a

Post by xhh2a »

Thanks for your quick replies!

(Btw, do you want me to post grammar/spelling feedback as well?)
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

The first parts, chapter 1-4, were checked by one guy, and I plan to rewrite some dialogues in the first three chapters. Therefore, if you want to help me with grammar, wait with it for later chapters. Of course, if you find something too bad, better post about it.
xhh2a

Post by xhh2a »

According to the profile page, Elfish Overlord (Level 4) with leadership advances to Elfish Overlord (also level 4) without Leadership (was looking at unit stats of the Elfish Council in Part II: In the Magic Mirror)
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Elvish Overlords do not have leadership. The one in chapter 2 is a special one, and he has it, but it is a property of that unit, not of that unit type. Help/description describes the unit type's properties, not the unit's properties. If the help file shows something different, I really don't know what to do about it, because there is absolutely no way to control it. You will see a lot of enemies with abilities they should not have in chapter 2.
xhh2a

Post by xhh2a »

Is it working as designed that Efraim resets in Castle of the Wicked? Cause my character did...I'm trying to figure out how to do the level when my character is terrible and when I lost the items that were equipped...maybe I should edit the save game..hmmm.

Edit: nevermind, the problem fixed itself when I went back to the previous scenario and redid it.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

The problem was probably related to the confusion with advancing. Better play it on 1.10 for now.

What I forgot to write before, the strange barrier in the dreamscape scenario is there intentionally, the game shows that you cannot pass through it and it is shown on the map.
Battlecruiser_Venca

Post by Battlecruiser_Venca »

The way which works to run wesnoth 1.11 on ubuntu/mint is to compile it yourself from source (the PPA packages don't work for me)

I have Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon 64-bit and compiled 1.11 works ok and it doesn't interfere with 1.10 installation without any tweaks

HINT: use make -j followed by a number to speed up compiling by utilizing more CPU cores, eg make -j 8 for 4-core with HT
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I had encountered segmentation faults also if I compiled it myself. Apparently, the person that made the debian package used the same compiler. Anyway, I remembered that editing one particular line in the source code could fix it before, so I did it again and despite some errors, it compiled somehow (with make, it compiled without problems, but threw a segmentation fault later elsewhere) and could run. Now I can check it out without limitations (well, whithout using the 4 cores, because I felt lucky even when I realised that it worked).

Because the majority of chapter 9 is complete, I will make a testing alpha available for those who want to test it.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

For anybody willing to help me with testing the completed part of chapter 9:
You can download it from the add-ons.wesnoth.org:15004 server (write add-ons.wesnoth.org:15004 instead of add-ons.wesnoth.org into the text box that appears after hitting add-ons in main menu). The remaining information is in the spoiler.
Spoiler: