Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Dugi

Re: Legend of the Invincibles (chapter 8 is out)

Post by Dugi »

The definition of enemy sides for some abilities was missing in that scenario, so it took them from scenario 5, where they were different. The error was specific for that scenario. The fix will be uploaded later.
gooby

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by gooby »

Sometimes one of the "invincibles" gets two AMLAs at once.

I don't know whether this is a design feature or what but I always go back to rectify what seems like an error.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Sure they haven't advanced twice during AI's turn, and you were asked about it when your turn started?
If I am wrong, can you please specify when that strange thing happens?
GaiusCaesar

Post by GaiusCaesar »

There's a problem with the redeem cooldown. One of the demigods doesn't get his redeem restored. The text message appears, but redeem doesn't show up in the attack selection.
gooby

Post by gooby »

Dugi wrote:Sure they haven't advanced twice during AI's turn, and you were asked about it when your turn started?
If I am wrong, can you please specify when that strange thing happens?
It happens intermittently. No real pattern.

Post 2
Dugi wrote:I have added a cooldown to redeem, halved the number of redeems needed, and nerfed the leaders' experience to an exponential.
What does this mean exactly?

Does it mean leaders will advance slower or faster?
Last edited by Crendgrim on January 14th, 2013, 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

GaiusCaesar wrote:There's a problem with the redeem cooldown. One of the demigods doesn't get his redeem restored. The text message appears, but redeem doesn't show up in the attack selection.
Fixed. Also fixed an exploit allowing a recharge of redeem when you manipulated inventory. Because of the seriousness of the bug, I have uploaded it.
gooby wrote:It happens intermittently. No real pattern.
It must have a pattern, it cannot be a result of quantum fluctuations. Can you please try to verify if my theory was correct?
gooby wrote:Does it mean leaders will advance slower or faster?
It means they will advance slower. The standard AMLA advancement will not be much slower initially, but after taking some advancements it will be visibly very strongly slowed (3 advancements per scenario and then advancing to celestial heights, killing everything in retaliation and then advancing even more was something really problematic). The amount of redeems required to advance it was lowered, but I added a 3 turns' cooldown (means 2 normal attacks per one redeem when attacking), so redeeming will be slower as well.
This affects only Efraim and Lethalia in chapters 7 and 8.
Rodil

Post by Rodil »

Like the idea of a cool down on redeem allowing me to actually use normal attacks. Like the idea of slowing down leveling for the leaders, they did level too quickly before. Need lots of time to test, will update with thoughts after testing.

Confirmed that gold pickups(not chests of gold, but gold drops) do add to every sides gold totals. Picked up the gold and all sides were 200 gold richer in the status table.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Rodil wrote:Need lots of time to test, will update with thoughts after testing.
Thanks for choosing to test it for me.
Rodil wrote:Confirmed that gold pickups(not chests of gold, but gold drops) do add to every sides gold totals. Picked up the gold and all sides were 200 gold richer in the status table.
Found it. It was my usual problem, I thought the number of the correct side is saved as side_played and not side_number (this made me do a lot of errors all the time).
gooby

Post by gooby »

Dugi wrote:
gooby wrote:Does it mean leaders will advance slower or faster?
It means they will advance slower. The standard AMLA advancement will not be much slower initially, but after taking some advancements it will be visibly very strongly slowed (3 advancements per scenario and then advancing to celestial heights, killing everything in retaliation and then advancing even more was something really problematic).
OK, should I find this difficult in the future, how can I revert it to the old AMLA system?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

gooby wrote:OK, should I find this difficult in the future, how can I revert it to the old AMLA system?
You can edit the add-on's files. A few pages back on this forum is a how-to how to edit the files regarding AMLA, and in this case you need to find #define IMPROVED_AMLA_DEFAULT_BONUSES and bellow it increase=15% and replace it with increase=20 to revert it. But according to someone, it is possible to pass it almost without using leaders in combat.
gooby

Post by gooby »

Dugi wrote:
gooby wrote:OK, should I find this difficult in the future, how can I revert it to the old AMLA system?
You can edit the add-on's files. A few pages back on this forum is a how-to how to edit the files regarding AMLA, and in this case you need to find #define IMPROVED_AMLA_DEFAULT_BONUSES and bellow it increase=15% and replace it with increase=20 to revert it. But according to someone, it is possible to pass it almost without using leaders in combat.
OK.

In "Another Orcish Assault", defeat conditions to not include the death of the orc leader after you talk to the mage.

I was rather disappointed when I killed him.
TheZ

Post by TheZ »

i have been replaying starting with chapter 1 and found a few bugs, glitches and overall improvements i think are warranted. though i'm not though chapter 1 yet

in the map "Where_the_Sun_Does_not_Shine" when you introduce the dragon Hephaestus there should be more text introducing the dragon. not to mention you can beat the scenario without killing said dragon. This then makes the next few scenarios quite illogical in that now you have another dragon after you for killing the first one (why does the 2ed dragon care?) And if you never actually killed Hephaestus how can his spirit come back to try and take over your body? This can all be solved by making killing Hephaestus a requirement for winning in "Where_the_Sun_Does_not_Shine" the text should be something along the lines of when a unit discovers Hephaestus, Efriam says "Wow a dragon! I didn't think any of them existed any more" Leth responds "Well did you think that an intelligent race such as the dragons would die out naturally? Or allow themselves to be hunted to extinction?" Efriam: "Well no but . . . " Hephaestus "SILENCE MORSELS! It has been a long time since i had anything so delectable to feast upon!"

in the next map "Escape_from_Oblivion" the Bats kill the Lich before you can ever get there.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

gooby wrote:In "Another Orcish Assault", defeat conditions to not include the death of the orc leader after you talk to the mage.
Killing the orc leader should be a defeat condition, yeah.
TheZ wrote:in the map "Where_the_Sun_Does_not_Shine" when you introduce the dragon Hephaestus there should be more text introducing the dragon.
Telling about some silent growling the distance is in my opinion enough warning that something bad is ahead. I don't know how did you manage to complete it without killing the dragon, but I think that I might add there wall that would not let you further until you slay the dragon.
TheZ wrote:in the next map "Escape_from_Oblivion" the Bats kill the Lich before you can ever get there.
The bats and the lich were not supposed to be enemies. I'll have to fix it.
Feareth

Post by Feareth »

I have to go through them again but there are multiple weapons that end up changing into a different weapon when you craft them but i also have one question there are several units that when the are at the max level and they lvl up and you can choose an advancement there is one that is"aware of legacy possessed" what does that do?? ive choosen that and nothing happens so im curious what it just besides making their xp go up higher to lvl
TheZ

Post by TheZ »

@ feareth if you level up the same unit you will find that said unit now has another level up line from the following
- legacy of kings (added damage and resistance to it and units around it) - sudo leadership ability
- legacy of fire/ice/shadow dragon - ranged "breath" of said type, shadow drains and slows
- legacy of light - illumination and resurrection of undead units (super nice on lawful units, +50% damage anytime anywhere)
- legacy of undead - resistances turn more to undead like with further advancing, grants drain and few others.
- legacy of rock - added damage

that is all that iv been able to find and recall at this time, but it does require you to "waste" an AMLA to unlock. sort of a "you can take door 1 / door 2 / door 3, OR you can go for the mystery prize!" sort of deal

dugi, the first time i played though they did fight each other (liches bats vrs normal bats) but the liches won out,easily. From what I thought this was to happen as the wall to the lich's area just broke and he/she/it is trying to expand out then the lich encounters you and goes "Hrmm, new material. . might as well use it". as far as the dragon being there, I get that its there, there is good foreshadowing its just that well, in any scary setup you get the whole "its coming" then a "AAAAA ITS HERREEE RUNNN" and when the setup is over its a "whew glad THAT'S over". To your missing the "AAAAA ITS HERREEE RUNNN" part.