Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Konrad2 »

issue!!!: when i leveled my elvish marshal in chapter 3 he could advance to two versions of elvish Overlord!!! the upper one was the "old" one with upgrades ambush,ambush, leadership (and 9-5 sword attack)
the second one was the "new" one with all possible upgrades and better sword attack
if i hadnt looked in their Profiles i could have choosen the wrong one

elvish assasin: in game he has a "execution" attack but you cant look it up in the profile
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

issue!!!: when i leveled my elvish marshal in chapter 3 he could advance to two versions of elvish Overlord!!! the upper one was the "old" one with upgrades ambush,ambush, leadership (and 9-5 sword attack)
the second one was the "new" one with all possible upgrades and better sword attack
if i hadnt looked in their Profiles i could have choosen the wrong one
Old versions leftovers... again. Fixed, not uploaded yet.
elvish assasin: in game he has a "execution" attack but you cant look it up in the profile
He does not have any execution attack. That attack is manually added to him, as an attack that always does 70% of the damage of his ranged attack in a single blow. Because I need that attack to be calculated in that way, I cannot make from it a regular attack. Or... maybe I can add him a dummy attack that will be removed with the addition of the execution attack, just to make it appear he has it, okay?
nickg4000

Post by nickg4000 »

Dropped Items
That trick was never intended to be working, but it does not seem to be a bad feature. And when I tried exactly what you did, in chapter 6, it worked in the 'good way'.
I updated to the latest 2.2.13 (previously I had 2.2.11) and it's working now although it'd be good if: ...when I drop something on top of something else, that when I return to the map I didn't have to go through all the items on the floor before I get to let go of the item I'm dropping...

So for picking up stuff you're standing on you could go into items>nothing then back to the list of stuff on the floor, while for dropping stuff you ignore the stuff already on the floor?
nickg4000

Post by nickg4000 »

I was wondering whether the whole item menu could be improved somehow...

I'm carrying around about 40-50 items (why? - I don't know) - It'd be useful if everything was grouped by type e.g. armour, daggers, etc. rather than last in at the bottom of the list.

Also some kind of tick box system for mass dumping would be good. It gets tiresome going through each item to drop them one at a time.

Alternatively I suppose I could just not pick them up :shock:
or maybe limit people to one extra item per type.
or have the occassional shop where you can sell items and buy other stuff or XP!
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

So for picking up stuff you're standing on you could go into items>nothing then back to the list of stuff on the floor, while for dropping stuff you ignore the stuff already on the floor?
items>nothing to get the stuff on the floor is an unintended behaviour. But I might add there an option 'see items on the ground' to check them, and make the 'nothing' option do the same as dropping items.
...when I drop something on top of something else, that when I return to the map I didn't have to go through all the items on the floor before I get to let go of the item I'm dropping...
This would need a significant change, because when you start picking up items on the ground, it runs through all the items on the ground. No matter if you unstore/craft something, move over that thing, or do items>nothing. And anyway, it happens rarely that there is more than one item on a single hex, so I don't know what really do you need this for.
I was wondering whether the whole item menu could be improved somehow...

I'm carrying around about 40-50 items (why? - I don't know) - It'd be useful if everything was grouped by type e.g. armour, daggers, etc. rather than last in at the bottom of the list.
The items are ordered in the order in which they were picked up. I might reverse it. This is intended to let you keep items you have no use for, and not to keep 40 items (it takes quite a long time to open if you have many items there) in it. If you find an item, you are supposed to put it on a unit, because the items are useless in there. I didn't design it to be played with the leader only.
Also some kind of tick box system for mass dumping would be good. It gets tiresome going through each item to drop them one at a time.
Doesn't sound to be a bad idea, but there is no way to do this in WML. It can be done in lua (something like the update add-ons menu), but I never did anything of that kind. And I am not sure if it would allow it to show all the properties of the items, maybe there are some length limits.
or maybe limit people to one extra item per type.
That would make it much harder to use, because you'd have to assign items stored to particular units.
or have the occassional shop where you can sell items and buy other stuff or XP!
I don't feel like making a price list. Item trade is not something I want to develop, it would make it too RPG-heavy. And trading items for exp or advancements for gold is something I hated in all RPG-styled campaigns, it just makes things crazy and is absolutely against all logic and RPG game tradition.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

in " An Army is Born" the first undead that is created in the talk ,isnt loyal like all others
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Fixed.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

same scenario: th last orc you slay dont turn into an undead
also: you win when have slayed 50 orcs, not when you have 50 undead warriors

prolog for first blow: unspezific "...prevent the orcs from helping them..."
i know you mean with "them" the wesnothians but it isnt made clearly
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

It might be annoying to create 50 undead warriors, as they die a lot. Better for the number of enemies would be 'create 20 undead warriors', but killing a certain number of enemies is always easier than creating an army of a certain size with a plague-like thing, as the undead die a lot.

The remaining two bugs were fixed and will be uploaded when uploading.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

could you change then the scenario objective so it is more clearly?
like: "slay 50 Orcs and build up an army" or something like that
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Okay.
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

in "castle of the wicked" from the fourth chapter, vampire spearman is wrongly spelled as "sperman" in several places.
A witty saying proves nothing.
-Voltaire
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I thought I had fixed it before. Anyway, fixed it now again, and I hope it will remain fixed until I upload it.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I have released LotI version 2.2.14.

I have fixed the load of bugs I was reported this week, improved dragon's breath animations (no more fireballs flying somewhere from their backs, now it looks kinda like lightbeam), solved the issue with crazy weapon specials shown on the recall list (units with abilities that add weapon specials to adjacent units have visible auras, but their visualisations don't stack one with another, just the newest one is visible; they also override illumination's visualisation; there was no other way to do this, the game has an annoying limitation here). Also, nickg4000 made a language correction of the first half of the campaign. The main change was that I have written the codes for leader units for chapters 7-10 and scenario 15 in chapter 6. They have quite a few advancements that add attacks with animations beyond compare.
I can say this challenges TLU, especially if it is normally in the game and not a custscene (that runs quickly enough so that you can't see the uglier details).
I can say this challenges TLU, especially if it is normally in the game and not a custscene (that runs quickly enough so that you can't see the uglier details).
Last edited by Dugi on October 4th, 2012, 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Hi Dugi, thx for your answers. And your maintenance. :D

What was the best point for an update? Finish scenario, update, start with the last LotI1-scenario_name.gz?

And a small thing: I think it would be nice if EdC didn't have an "internet_user_name" in-game. :)
LotI-sidesscreen.jpg
LotI-sidesscreen.jpg (21.33 KiB) Viewed 3348 times
Edit: deleted Edit...
I have a cunning plan.