Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Konrad2 »

issue: the ability you gain with "Frozen Locket", "freezing aura" also affects your own units when they stand next to the owner of the item
moony

Post by moony »

Hey
I git a problem on the new chapter VI "Into the light" in scenario "Who I am". I managed to find the lich and to upgrade Ephraim and Lethalia to preserved lichs, now I have to kill 30 and 45 units... But there are not such an amount of enemies. i didn't kill the enemy lord. I tried again by killing him, but that didn't change this at all.
And I have an error code, when Letahlia picks her staff and amour up:
<Lua error> game_error: creating unit with an empty type field
stack traceback:
: in function 'cmd'
and then a code where on my computer is the error.

nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Hey Dugi, I just started LotI I.

I intend to go all the way, do as much constructive nitpicking as possible & just throw the bits to you as they come! :D

Here we go: In the campaign selection, can you pls align your text left? It makes an ugly first contact.

The first story-screen left me puzzled: What Orc-situation? What is "Their" referring to? (Probably some unspecified inhabitants of Ogira.)

I have screenshots, but somehow I can't upload attachments...
I have a cunning plan.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

issue: the ability you gain with "Frozen Locket", "freezing aura" also affects your own units when they stand next to the owner of the item
Fixed.
And I have an error code, when Letahlia picks her staff and amour up:
This merely caused that some stats didn't update correctly until you manipulated somehow with her inventory or she advanced. Fixed.
Here we go: In the campaign selection, can you pls align your text left? It makes an ugly first contact.
How am I supposed to do that? I don't think there is a way to do that, the text alignment and things of this kind are not easy to alter. And it seems to be aligned left anyway (on my machine).
The first story-screen left me puzzled: What Orc-situation? What is "Their" referring to? (Probably some unspecified inhabitants of Ogira.)
Not sure what you meant with 'What Orc-situation', but I fixed the small imprecision in what was the 'their' word referring to.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Thanks Dugi for replying.

I developed an own inventory system, which is pretty much like reinventing the wheel, I know, but I liked the puzzle work and it works fine for me now.
Unfortunately I used variable WML, so its not using a database system. This is a drawback.

Your inventory system however works for an entire group and an entire army, mine just works for a single hero, or a group of single heroes.

I'd like to use a database system to pull of the dynamic markets in strange legacy - my concept for a variable based dynamic market is way to complicated.
Do you have any hints on using a database? I'm not interested in the code just in general hints how to start.

About the plothole - you could just mention that they used magic to keep themselves fed up, that they killed bats or to reduce the time they were under arrest. After all, years with lousy food should break even the toughest hero.
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
Faerie_Storm

Post by Faerie_Storm »

Heindal wrote: About the plothole - you could just mention that they used magic to keep themselves fed up, that they killed bats or to reduce the time they were under arrest. After all, years with lousy food should break even the toughest hero.
I was just about to suggest that they lived off the bats but you beat me to responding :lol2:
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@Heindal, I replied in a PM, the way I wrote it is too offtopic.

About the plot hole, I was thinking about saying that they ate just bats, rats and mushrooms (they just grow there, don't ask me what serves as food to them, but they provide food to bats and rats) that they captured and roasted using magic. So we have found a suitable solution.
Faerie_Storm

Post by Faerie_Storm »

Dugi wrote:@Heindal, I replied in a PM, the way I wrote it is too offtopic.

About the plot hole, I was thinking about saying that they ate just bats, rats and mushrooms (they just grow there, don't ask me what serves as food to them, but they provide food to bats and rats) that they captured and roasted using magic. So we have found a suitable solution.
or roasted over the lava?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Faerie_Storm wrote:or roasted over the lava?
:lol2: Tell me what would they use to hold it above the lava? Wooden sticks are nowhere to find, swords conduct heat very well, stones are awkward for it because of their shape.
nickg4000

Post by nickg4000 »

Slightly at a tangent, I've just installed eclipse with the Wesnoth UMC plugin and am looking for reasons why Lethalia is causing so much lag. I don't know if you've got it but by using it you can easily see where you've missed bits of code,

e.g. scenarios5/05_We_Walk_in_the_Shadows.cfg:
starting at line 741 you have a [/do] and then a [/while] command which don't have opening [do],[while] commands.
The same with an [/event] line 776
and finally experience_modifier=125 at line 800 flags up a missing EOF.

Edit: This is the only bad file I can see but the utils/soul_eater.cfg won't open for some reason although it will in gedit...
Edit 2: utils/soul_eater.cfg is giving me a java.lang.NullPointerException as the reason for not opening at which point my brain packs up and goes home

I hope you can help with this as I like the additions and the campaigns.

N
Faerie_Storm

Post by Faerie_Storm »

Dugi wrote:
Faerie_Storm wrote:or roasted over the lava?
:lol2: Tell me what would they use to hold it above the lava? Wooden sticks are nowhere to find, swords conduct heat very well, stones are awkward for it because of their shape.
make it float with magic? and turn?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@nickg4000
I haven't used Eclipse (I have it, but I never found it useful), I do everything in gedit. All the errors that you pointed at would cause a crash on loading if they were really there. The [do] and [while] tags are okay, just eclipse cannot see the beginnings of the tags. But they are there. The [event] properly starts and ends, it was probably fooled by the false positive with the above mentioned tags.
I don't know what a missing EoF is, but that scenario works.
soul_eater.cfg might not open because there is a line break in quotation. This is however absolutely necessary for graphic appearance of the menu that makes you choose which AMLA tree you want to add you your leaders.

If you wanna help me, don't try to find errors in the code, all the errors Eclipse sees cause crashes on startup, and no crashes occur. I've sent you a PM regarding the help I need, checking bad language, that is a problem that really annoys me, because I cannot solve it myself.
Faerie_Storm wrote:make it float with magic? and turn?
Telekinesis requires you to concentrate on it for all time time it is roasted, once you focus on something else, the meat falls into lava and is overroasted. If you are just throwing fire on it, you roast it faster, and if you forgot to keep roasting it, nothing happens. It's better if the meat is on solid rock.
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Dugi wrote:And it seems to be aligned left anyway (on my machine).
LotI_cs.jpg
This is what I was talking about, maybe it's only on my puter. (Plus this, uhm, "vintage" interface...)

Regarding roasting: have you never seen a hot stone grill?
I have a cunning plan.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

That is made by the game, I have no control of it. All I can do is to change the size of the picture to make it narrower (I can drop it, no prob). I though it looks like that because of my relatively small screen.

Hot stone grill :lol2: never seen one heated by lava, though.
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Don't drop the pic! If you decide to do anything about this small thing, anyway.

I just thought you could make the text align left with the pic, as other campaign texts do (yours looks indented).
I have a cunning plan.