Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

noimbecile

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by noimbecile »

First, let me say this is an awesome campaign. Secondly, on the flip side, it is highly addictive.

I play BfW 1.10.3, and the LOTI campaign mod version is 2.1.16.
Bugs:
1) In the item list (after turn 2) where only potions of health should show, the list shows all items. The items before the first potion of health have no label and are unselectable. However all items after the potion of health are labelled as potion of health. The image attached alongside gives the situation.
Bugged item list
Bugged item list
2) When consumed by a unit, the potions of health just increase the total HP by 10 but do not heal the unit.
One Add-on to rule them all, and in the Darkness bind them.

LOTI: Played version 2.1.16 and 3.1.13.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

1) I didn't know about this. When there is no potion of health, the list is empty as it should be, and I didn't test it further. I will find the error and fix it, but it will not be too soon, because I am rewriting the whole item system.
2) I tried to fix that error before, but I failed, apparently. Now it works, but there is too many other things that don't work (but there are many things that weren't there before).

Thanks for feedback.
zhun-ji

Post by zhun-ji »

hi, first of all thanks for the nice campaign(s)
started playing agin from the beginning
in the 3rd, scenario 'achilles' revenge', after the introduction and unit recall
the screen stuck and won't load the scenario objective
im using wesnoth 1.10.2 and latest .16 version
pretty sure i've played through this on the previous version some time ago
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

There is an error in the a function I used to recall the units. It used to be in all scenarios in chapter 3, but then I fixed it, but didn't realise this one had it too (because it is from a large part a custscene). There is a while cycle that is repeated 65536 times (instead of 100 times), so it may take some time (it is like 15 seconds on my machine, but it might take several minutes on slower machines), but then, it should continue working.

I will not upload a fix now, because the version I am editing is much more bugged at the moment.
SomeoneElse

Post by SomeoneElse »

Hi

A couple of other issues:

When enemies drop gold, it can't be picked up. But I'm not sure it would be that useful if it could.

Bitter Swamp and Army of Darkness still end after the first turn for me.

Elder mages seem to be a dubious upgrade - they lose the primary attack and benefits from the original unit (holy light and healing for light mages, fireball for red mages).... but appear to be the way to go in the long run.

Silver mages need an upgrade to teleport - but not in the description.

If you let the SE Night die in 'thirst for adventure' you can't finish the scenario. And he is quite keen to get killed.

A few upgrades seem to take items away from you - e.g. Heavy Infantry to Destroyer loses any maces with no warning.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I thought I fixed the gold issue, but I will have a look. I want to replay all the scenarios, and that should fix the problem with the mentioned scenarios. The problem with silver mages is only with units recruited in chapter 3, otherwise there is the regular silver mage; and I want to remove those special units in chapter 3, and replace them with with regular units. If you think elder mages are too weak, I may improve them, but damage increase from 16-4 to 15-5 and added teleport seems to be an upgrade, not a downgrade. Maybe the one in chapter 3 is weaker, but he'll be replaced by the regular one. I will have a look at that advancement that makes the items disappear, but it shouldn't be - it was maybe because maces couldn't be unequipped on certain versions, and they became useless when the unit advanced to Destroyer.

Thanks for feedback (the fix might not come quickly, I am in the middle of a large overhaul).
Screenshot.png
Screenshot.png (95.9 KiB) Viewed 4659 times
Fyr

Post by Fyr »

Hallo, I just want to say my great thx for this campaing, in my opinion one of the best ( with invasion from unknown and to lands of unknown ).

Is the second campaing really inspirated by TES as i see ? ( Umbra, Darius, whole concept of soul - fuel for gods, ... )

EDIT : I found a bug, in second part, map The Army of Darkness
- After first round the Lethalia say that we won battle and whole level is skiped...
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I am aware of that bug, but your report was the best I read so far, and it pointed me to the right direction now. I thought the error was elsewhere (I cannot test it myself, my save files are really ancient and not compatible at all). Anyway, I am going to replay the game to find the errors in scenarios, I have changed too many things after that I wrote them (and balance is also quite questionable).

And, although I played Elder Scrolls, and I really loved Morrowind (played it for more than two years), chapter 2 is not inspired by it. Umbra means Shadow in Latin, I just wanted to pick a name that sounds dark. Darius is a regular name (but not a frequent one; I am quite sure I saw somebody named Darius in TV), it is just a coincidence. The concept of soul as fuel for gods is present in many fantasy worlds, it is for example also in Fogotten Realms (D&D, Neverwinter Nights), Discworld (books from Terry Pratchett), Black & White (games)... Worshipping demons was mentioned also in Under the Burning Suns (Zhangor worshippers) and Invasion from the Unknown (Uria/Yechnagoth and Zhangor worshippers). Chapter 2 was mainly inspired by the nazi. I first wanted to make the heroes conquest the world to make a better place from it, but when thinking about it more specifically, the whole plan started looking like second world war, with orcs, saurians and drakes intended to be slaughtered like jews in nazi camps, and blablabla, this would be too evil, let's make it even more evil (all races to be slaughtered except elves, the Supreme Race) and make this a plan of the villains, and to make them proper fantasy villains, they must also worship an evil deity. And so I made it like that.
I think you aren't there yet, but there is something quite similar to the mainline of Skyrim in Chapter 3, but it was written before Skyrim went out...
noimbecile

Post by noimbecile »

1) I have a question on sellers. The first time I played the Chapters end to end, I was able to buy all the items from the seller. The second time I started on the Chapters, I was only able to buy one item from the seller. After that, the seller refused to sell me any item. Which of the two is the correct behaviour?

2) (invalid) In Chapter 5, From "Into the Shadows" onwards, Lethalia loses the number of hits in her "Faerie Fire ranged attack" as the scenario proceeds. The AMLA upgrades towards the number of hits she has seem to go away, one at a time, every time she fails to kill the primary opponent. I haven't been able to figure out the exact conditions that cause this, but going on to the next/previous area seems to reset it back to the correct number. (Please ignore this. I just realised that it is a "swarm" type attack, and her hitpoints were always half way down).

PS. Anyway we can help with the bug fixing?
One Add-on to rule them all, and in the Darkness bind them.

LOTI: Played version 2.1.16 and 3.1.13.
Solaara

Post by Solaara »

Hi. a question, in Chapter Four, Lost in Space, I noticed the "supreme being" had an attack called fury, with berserk. I'm pretty high level with him and I've not seen that attack when I level him up,so I tried using debug and leveled him up all the way, I don't see the option to learn fury even up to the point where he learns all his skills. Is this on purpose or a bug?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@nonimbecile You should be able to buy all the items from the seller. I don't know why it didn't work the next time (probably there was one seller who wanted to sell only one item, others still wanted to sell anything), I am replaying it, so I should find it and fix it.
If you want to help me with bugfixing, I would say you can, but I also want to rebalance and slightly edit some scenarios. The version that I have now is quite significantly different from the one I have, so it would need a lengthy replay through the whole thing once I do all things I wanted to change (that shouldn't take so much time), possibly with errors happening frequently, requiring you to ask me to send you an update/fix; and a lot of difficulty feedback. If you want to do this, send me a PM. But the only reward I can offer is being mentioned in credits at the end of the campaign.

@Solaara It was a bug. He had that advancement, but it required something he could never obtain. However, on the version I am developing, it will work for sure (I tested it), but the berserk attack will be limited to 5 repeats (instead of 30 like regular berserk).
Solaara

Post by Solaara »

Ah. good to know it was a bug. I have something else to report, seems that prophets can't take spears, advanced a paladin to prophet and couldn't equip him with a spear again. The loyal "special" elves that you can recruit at the start of the third chapter, once leveled to nightprowlers, can't equip swords of any kind anymore. Sorry if these are coming so irregularly.

-Edit- It just hit me, was bugging me previously but I kept forgetting to ask about this. Lethalia and Gryphon Riders can fly over chasms, but Seers and Overlords, also fliers, can't. Intended or bug?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

There is no need to report anything about ability to pick up items, I have written it now so that it simply checks if the unit has an attack with a name that fits the weapon (that is, lance is a spear-like weapon, any unit that has an attack named lance can pick up spears; some units have an exception for staves). Listing units that can take it was too bug-prone.

And it was intended that Lethalia and Gryphon Riders can fly above chasms and Seers cannot. Sylphes and Shydes cannot, so Sylphes cannot too; Gryphons can, so Gryphon Riders can too; Lethalia is an exceptionally powerful thing, so she can fly through anyhting but impassable walls/mountains. Btw, Efraim can fly above these places too if he has a proper advancement (and it is also animated in the version I am working on).
SomeoneElse

Post by SomeoneElse »

Hi

I'm not really saying that the elder mages are too weak (or any real judgement of strength), it just seems odd that your mage you have just upgraded appears to forget his/her strongest spells and has to re-learn them - I might suggest allowing lightning as a new attack after the elder mage upgrade.

As a random suggestion, would it be possible to show in the items menu which ones can actually be used by the unit selected? - I tend to find I have quite a few stored items that get quite hard to apply to units without quite a bit of trial and error.
Fyr

Post by Fyr »

Hi here Fyr, once again...
With another BUG :|

Chapter III
lvl - I dont known, that better calculator than i now usikng like computer frozen at scenerio begining

LvL where Achilles revive frost dragon Niflehaim, the Efraim will recall almost whole recall list, even units from the Scenerio I and II that are not loayal, so the money for maintrance are really high ( and old computers like that piece of scarp that i now using will freeze like willagers after Niflhaim´s visit xD )

Nice symbolic of bad characters :-) Tought Achilles, frozen hell Niflheim :-)
Can i ask about name inspiration of Efraim and Lethalia ? :wink: