Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

lynx

Re: Legend of the Invincibles feedback

Post by lynx »

but you heal 2hp in this case, so depending on how bad your placement is, about 30-50hp if you hit everything.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Yes.
lynx

Post by lynx »

And they hit for 24 and 14, so the chances are very much in their favor. I reloaded and tried using whirlwind, but just got cut down fast.

In the other castle assassination scenario it is much easier, since they don't deal arcane damage. It was a walk in the park until I realised I will run out of turns. But the main problem was prince flaming berserker. Your turn is eaten up, so you get in his range and the fight can't start with him slowed. With the silly royal defense and amount of damage, I had to cheat to get past. Should've probably made a zombie out of a guard and send him forward, but time is very limited.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Did you equip any weapons on him?
lynx

Post by lynx »

No. It wasn't possible until recently either. One of the things that helped beating the first assassination though, was that one of the baddies conveniently dropped the ring of deathaura.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Well, if you start the game in a later chapter, your heroes will be stronger. And I wrongly expected how powerful they should be at the ends of the chapters. And so it probably happened that you were weaker than you were supposed to be if you passed through chapters 1-3 (health-wise). That is one of the reasons why I allowed him to pick weapons, giving him a huge advantage (supposing that you will get the best gear through the 3 chapters before).
lynx

Post by lynx »

it's rarely wise to emphasise the upgrades of the leader in campaigns, since he always has a delay in joining the battle (if he does so at all).
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I think that LotI cannot be passed if you leave the leader behind. I never thought that someone will even try it. Well, maybe it is just me, but I try to level-up my leader if I can in any campaign, campaigns where you have leader-only scenarios are present in almost any campaign. In LotI, I usually recruit/recall a few units, and then dash to join the battle. He is a tank that can take great amounts of damage and heal his wounds easily (whirlwind drain), and also deal insane damages (well, Lethalia can deal more, but she has to be kept with high HP, and it is uneasy sometimes). You may also choose who will wait on the keep and recruit/recall, as Lethalia is also a leader (but is not standing on the keep at the beginning).
lynx

Post by lynx »

he did participate and was well upgraded, it was just too late for items, since you added support for that when I was around the end of chapter 3. But the loyal heros and other starting units always have a precedence, since they will be in action a few turns earlier. He's uncomparably weaker than Lethalia though.

My Lethalia is unbeatable, the last scenario was won due to the enemy mages thinking they can best her and their leader eventially got killed by explosive damage in the same enemy turn (turn 4 iirc). Actually, she was the only unit I sent to attack. Almost 300 hp, not too bad defense, excellent melee, but most importantly, ultimate faery fire (explosive+drain) means she practically can't get hurt at all.

Maybe a bug, but some of her attacks are doubly plagued (melee probably), where she creates a zombie and faery fire (the unit).
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Hm, so I will make it easier, I guess. Anyway, there should be no more scenarios like that (nothing after the second assassination, nothing in chapter 5). Chapter 5 will be after 7 initial scenarios a non-linear dungeon crawl.

And are you sure with the double-plague? It doesn't look to be possible, as both plaguing effects are added exclusively to one attack. If she has double plague, 'plague' would be written twice in the weapon special list.
lynx

Post by lynx »

maybe the wisp/fire one isn't called plague, but come to think of it, maybe it's just my memory from when you're recruiting orcs (wisp+ghost).
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Yeah, that is it. The undead recruitment there has nothing to do with plague there, it is rather a scenario property (but a false positive is still better than nothing at all). Should I remove her plague for that scenario?
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

it's rarely wise to emphasise the upgrades of the leader in campaigns, since he always has a delay in joining the battle (if he does so at all).
I disagree with this, I tend to play pretty aggressively and find that leaders are great to have in battle, and leaders with cool upgrades are even better. So far in this campaign my leaders are always in the thick of things, which IMO is pretty fun.
Evander

Post by Evander »

I encountered a bug here.
in part 3 where I have Delly and others, when I pickup an item, and then try to see what items I have, they are automatically dropped on the ground and I can't pick them up again.

I am losing a bonus and an item.

it seems like having more items can overcome this, or it is the items from previous campaigns hat work ok.

edit:
it appears that this is caused by that ring that reduces the amount of experience a unit needs to level up.
Evander

Post by Evander »

the same problem with the staff of aimucasur