1.9 SP Campaign - Sweet Revenge

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ydcl

Re: 1.9 SP Campaign - Sweet Revenge

Post by ydcl »

Hi, sorry if my question, look like stupid, dut how fire a catapult ? Do I need, to have a dwarf near ? And, how, we can construct a catapult ?
Thanks for the answer.
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

Sorry, I thought I made that clearer. At the beginning of the scenario, the catapults are broken.

To fix the catapults, move a dwarvish thunderer adjacent to them. To build a catapult, move a dwarvish thunderer onto the spot that says 'build catapult'.

To FIRE a catapult, move a unit next to the catapult (after its repaired) and right-click on the unit you want to fire upon. Watch out for collateral damage; it could hurt/kill one of your own units.
Check out my campaign Sweet Revenge!
Join the new R2D forum!
ydcl

Post by ydcl »

Thanks
ydcl

Post by ydcl »

Sorry again, for such stupid question, but I try to fire the catapult, following the steps, but nothing happen. Is the catapult, fire at the end of the turn ?
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

Ah, sorry. Apparently that wasn't explained well either.

If you read the instructions, they tell you to RIGHT-CLICK on the area you want to fire on and click "fire catapult."

After you move a unit next to a repaired catapult, a message will pop up. Once that message pops up, right-click on the hex/unit that you want to shoot at. There should be a button with a star next to it. Click on that button and the catapult will fire. If it still doesn't work, attach a savefile, please.
Join the new R2D forum!
ydcl

Post by ydcl »

Thanks, now I understand.
ydcl

Post by ydcl »

In "Technical Difficulties", is there a special way, for not get outnumbered, by the bats ?
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

Sorry about that - I overdid it with the bats. Update to the next version and restart the scenario (if its not too much trouble :augh: ) and it should be easier.
Join the new R2D forum!
Tet

Post by Tet »

i gave up when i saw the castle size, gold number and an ally to play too.
small is beautyfull.
My Temple Project: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=29800
This is "must-play" campaign! Don´t read the thread, unless you need help. http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31895
ydcl

Post by ydcl »

I don't get it ! When, I let finish the turns, in the first scenario, even if there nobody left, I've got a loosing message, when in the precedent release, I've got no problem ! I am alone, in this case ?
shalky

Post by shalky »

That happens when you reload the game after the rider comes. Try reloading it before this event.

I have different question:
Is there a reason that the second scenario is actually map 8(Technical difficulties )
If this is intentional then there is a bug :

<Invalid WML found> [unit],[unit],[unit],[unit],[unit],[unit] not supported at this scenario top level

And I can not found Moryn he is just not there.
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

ydcl wrote:I don't get it ! When, I let finish the turns, in the first scenario, even if there nobody left, I've got a loosing message, when in the precedent release, I've got no problem ! I am alone, in this case ?
What he said:
shalky wrote:That happens when you reload the game after the rider comes. Try reloading it before this event.
Happens in all scenarios like this if you reload to the save when the turns run out.
shalky wrote:I have different question:
Is there a reason that the second scenario is actually map 8(Technical difficulties )
If this is intentional then there is a bug :
I fixed the bug. The reason you got shoved to the 8th scenario is because if you are in :debug mode, you get sent there (testing reasons). So stop cheating :lol2:
Tet wrote:i gave up when i saw the castle size, gold number and an ally to play too.
small is beautyfull.
Opinion. Some people love small, and this is smaller than many siege scenarios I've played in mainline. Wimp :lol2:
Just kidding. I'll try to scale it down later. I'm busy and everything is happening at once :augh:
Join the new R2D forum!
shalky

Post by shalky »

I actually went through the code myself and find it there, but the real strange thing is that I was not in the debug mode.
And it happened when I turn the debug mode on and off again. But anyway it is fixed now.
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

0.2.0 is out! It includes massive changes to the 1st scenario (only one ally to play, cut gold by large amounts, smaller recruit list), code cleanup, difficulty changes, bugfixes (it is now debug-user friendly :D ) AND - a new scenario with one of the climaxes... I hope you enjoy it. If you can't tell, much if my inspiration is from movies :lol2: You'll see that in some of the spoofed quotes and names sprinkled throughout the campaign.

EDIT: Also, 0.2.1 is out with changes to the campaign description. It now says that 10 scenarios are finished :doh: I've done that about 10 times, now.
Join the new R2D forum!
Just_end_turn

Post by Just_end_turn »

In first scenario, if you build a catapult in a non-empty slot, the ennemy unit will spawn on a non empty slot and wesnoth will warn:

20101220 19:02:11 error ai/actions: Error #-1 (action_result::AI_ACTION_FAILURE) in recruitment by side 2 of unit type [Dwarvish Guardsman] on any suitable location
20101220 19:02:11 error ai/general: recruitment failed
20101220 19:02:11 error ai/actions: Error #-1 (action_result::AI_ACTION_FAILURE) in recruitment by side 2 of unit type [Dwarvish Ulfserker] on any suitable location
20101220 19:02:11 error ai/actions: Error #-1 (action_result::AI_ACTION_FAILURE) in recruitment by side 2 of unit type [Dwarvish Ulfserker] on any suitable location