Undead in the Sewers!, Now Featuring Character Classes!

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Undead in the Sewers!, Now Featuring Character Classes!

Post by artisticdude »

Undead in the Sewers!, v0.4.7 is now on the 1.9 add-on server!

Changelog:

Code: Select all

> Version 0.4.7
	> Code
		> Dropping some items now causes an image representing the dropped item to appear for the duration of the level on the location whereto player dropped the item (hopefully the player will be able to come back to those items later and pick them up, even if he/she leaves and comes back to the level)
		> More powerful items now have minimum levels of a corresponding skill needed in order to equip them (e.g., a greatsword requires the player to have level 5 or higher of the melee weapon skill in order for the player to be able to equip that item)
		> It is now possible to assign traits to your character in the character setup scenario
		> The player no longer receives random traits
		> Corrected the capitalization errors in the scenario map directories in Sewer_level_1.cfg and Sewer_level_3.cfg that was preventing the scenarios from loading on certain Unix-based operating systems
		> The smithy's shop interface is now divided into submenus (helmets, armor, melee weapons and ranged weapons) for better organization
		> Added all skills (not all of them have an effect yet, however)
		> Standardized the text formatting across the inventory and shop interfaces
		> Fixed a bug that gave you 100 gold at the start of some levels if you entered them with a gold count of 0
		> Fixed some capitalization errors in potion names
		> Added more inventory items, including ranged weapons
		> Ran wmlindent and wmlscope on most of the campaign, code should be much cleaner and neater now
		> Removed a debugging moveto event from 01_Weldyn_1.cfg
	> Graphics
		> Added option icons for using/equipping and dropping items from the inventory
	> Misc
		> Reduced the amount of sewage tiles in the first two level maps, since it was creating impossible combat situations and dead ends
		> Fixed some formatting issues in the changelog
"I'm never wrong. One time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."

Bare-Havoc

Post by Bare-Havoc »

i typed this in the add-on sever and its not there =/

ydcl

Post by ydcl »

Hi, I maybe miss something on the thread, but I can't find a way to have a bow or if there is a way, to have more money, than selling things. Can somebody help me please ?

Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

Bare-Havoc: This campaign is for Wesnoth 1.9.x only. Are you sure you're not using the stable version (1.8)?

Crend
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!

artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

Bare-Havoc wrote:i typed this in the add-on sever and its not there =/
Yes, I'm afraid it's only on the 1.9 add-on server, so if you're on 1.8 it won't show up in the add-on list.
ydcl wrote:Hi, I maybe miss something on the thread, but I can't find a way to have a bow or if there is a way, to have more money, than selling things. Can somebody help me please ?
That's still a WIP system, yeah. Currently you'll have to survive with the debug mode command ':gold (amount)'

ydcl

Post by ydcl »

thanks

artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

Well, I'm proud to be able to announce that for the upcoming release of 0.5, I have successfully implemented not only inter-level item dropping/recovery (i.e., you can now drop an item and come back and pick it up later, even if you exit/re-enter the scenario in which the item was dropped), but also enemy loot dropping. As of right now the only loot dropping you'll see is that walking corpses have a 20% chance of dropping 5 coins on death, and a 10% chance of dropping 10 coins on death (some of you may have observed in the last release that sometimes when you killed a walking corpse, a pile of gold that you couldn't pick up appeared where the WC died- that was the beginning of the loot dropping system that I forgot to remove for that release :razz: ), but using the system I devised to do that, I can have any type of creature have a chance of dropping any amount of gold and any item.

And yes, just like items the player drops, the items enemies drop when killed stay on their respective hex until the player picks them up, even if you exit/re-enter the scenario in which the item was dropped (although currently, if one enemy dies and drops and item and the player doesn't get it, then another enemy dies on the same hex and drops an item, the first item will be overwritten by the item the second enemy drops, which is a feature I may or may not keep).

Actually, I'm pretty pleased with how this project is shaping up. Looks like soon I might be able to focus less on writing systems and functions and focus more on content and balancing. :razz: I've only got a couple minor functions to write/finish writing after this, like increasing skill cost by one for every 2 or 3 levels of that skill purchased.

Some time I really must make a world map or something, too...

The next version will probably focus more on playable content than more/improved systems.

ydcl

Post by ydcl »

Hi, some stupid questions, because I really like this campaign. I'm using actually 0.4.7 vs. If I upload the next vs, shall I do everything again ? I can see, the ranged weapons, I think are not ready yet. When can I purchase one, and when can I train ? Continue the good job.

matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

Could you add dwarves to the character choice as well? You could have Steelclads for the fighter option, Dwarfish runesmith for the sorcerer option, Berserker for the rouge but I don't know what you'd do for the nature magic option. Great campaign! Keep going!

averyimaginativename

Post by averyimaginativename »

On the latest version of the add-on and of Wesnoth (svn, not 1.9.10), you can't start the game. After creating the character, the first scenario begins. The peasant speaks his first line of dialogue, then Wesnoth segfaults
Spoiler:
WML shouldn't cause a crash, so maybe not your fault?
UMC Story Images web gallery

On an indefinite Wesbreak for health reasons - please only try to get my attention for UMC story images website issues.

revenant

Post by revenant »

This project has been shut down in favor of the improved Aeranor: Book I campaign.

Wayirr

Post by Wayirr »

That's bad. Unfortunately, there's a problem with switching into water and land type hero, it doesn't switch back so I get locked in the water pool.

Hex

Post by Hex »

I choose shaman class, but I had no option to summon anything. I ugpraded a few times, put points in nature a bunch of times, then in sorcery, these abilities did nothing for me (all these abilities to spend points on, no explanation of what they are for and they don't seem to do anything) For that matter, leveling seemed to do nothing for me.

Do you have turn abilities like being able to summon things via finding magic books or something? I got stuck with mushrooms and ghosts. The mushrooms regenerated much more then the damage I could do to them (my range is 1-7 impact slow, and regen gives 8) and similarly with ghosts, they drained me more then I could do damage with 1-7slow attack, even slowed. The mushroom area I was able to ignore, but the ghost seem to be squarely in my path, too fast to even run from.

Before this it was alot of walking around everywhere defeating stuff you come across till you found a key and the gate to the next area, tedious and not very RPG or anything.

v1.10.1

Eonas

Post by Eonas »

This is a great game. I love the dialogue, the gameplay, everything. However, every time I close and reopen the game, the equipment on my character goes away, and the ALMA XP bar turns into an actual XP-until-level-up bar. What am I doing wrong? I use 1.10.1, by the way.

What do the abilities actually do, by the way? I couldn't find any documentation on them, and they don't seem to have any effect.