After the Storm 0.10.18.1 [Wesnoth 1.14.x & 1.15.12+]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Would you play untested versions of IftU and AtS on Wesnoth 1.15.4+?

Poll ended at August 29th, 2020, 5:32 am

nah
10%
yee i can play on the latest wesnoth dev release
50%
i can play on wesnoth dev releases but no guarantees im going to be updating every time a new one comes out
10%
am big brain and can play on the wesnoth dev branch from git, who needs binary packages
10%
what the heck is wesnoth 1.15
20%

Total votes: 10

Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Re: After the Storm 0.3 [Wesnoth 1.9.3+]

Post by Anonymissimus »

shadowmaster wrote:However, I can’t reproduce the carryover issue between scenarios 5 and 7 using Wesnoth 1.9.4+svn @ r48915. Perhaps it’s an engine bug that was fixed in the interim.
Note that there is at least one long standing carryover bug in the engine:
http://gna.org/bugs/index.php?16111
Glancing over the issue it may be you've hit it.
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Sounds likely. I never create saved games in linger mode — I rely on start-of-scenario saves instead.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
BouldRake

Post by BouldRake »

shadowmaster wrote:Sort of. There’s been literally no feedback at all in 4 months as you can see above, so I’ve not felt particularly interested in going ahead with this.
Well, I've joined the forum just to confirm lack of feedback isn't lack of interest.

Personally, the last time I was this hyped about an upcoming game was when Fallout 2 was announced.

IMO, the reason you don't have feedback is there's not really any to give - it's not very buggy, it feels a bit unbalanced sometimes, but not game breakingly so, and you're developing for 1.9 when most are likely to be on 1.8.

Invasion From The Unknown is easily my favourite campaign, and I can't wait for the sequel.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

in The Skirmish, there's a message:
Henchmen? Do you see anyone else accompaining us?
also in The Bay of Tirigaz, there's a message:
this is your last oportunity to
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Fixed, thanks.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Valqueta

Post by Valqueta »

ok i think its time for you to have some feed back.

your storry is bye far my favourite and i cant wait till you make those last maps xD.
i have played the full storry for over 3 times amt.

ow but one thing is totally wrong with galas where did his shinny armor go that was given to him by the dwarfs???
tr0ll

Post by tr0ll »

in Scenario 7 you could do without a time limit fail by setting up for no gold carryover. maybe:
- have the island's chiefs require any extra gold from the caves to stay on the island,
- Elynia+Galas could donate extra gold to make a new temple or library and restore lost knowledge

overall i find it interesting that the heros never heed Mal Keshar's grumbling or advice
Spoiler:
. maybe one of the scenarios can be altered so that not following his advice causes a retreat or other dire consequence, or following his advice goes well and earns him praise. i think you want to give him plausible trustworthiness in decision making, to build drama for whatever is coming later in the story. i know adding branching scenarios is a lot more work so it need not be a player choice, just hero dialogue.

also please find attached some diff files for suggested typos/grammar/wording in the scenarios. (oops just realized the diffs are reversed, so dont try to apply them automated :lol2: )

i am really looking forward to more scenarios or even campaigns in this series. there is so much to be fleshed out (or animated if you are of undead persuasion) and played in the story you are weaving! :D
Attachments
07_The_Search_for_the_Past.cfg.diff
(1.59 KiB) Downloaded 584 times
06_02_Elves_of_a_Different_Land.cfg.diff
(1.97 KiB) Downloaded 567 times
06_01_Quenoth_Isle.cfg.diff
(264 Bytes) Downloaded 652 times
05_Bay_of_Tirigaz.cfg.diff
(3.42 KiB) Downloaded 649 times
The Black Sword

Post by The Black Sword »

Hi, I wasn't sure where to ask this. I'm writing a campaign that's partly set in the wesfolks old continent and I wanted a sort of organised monster faction to show up for one scenario.

Do you mind if I use the Verlish and maybe imps and such for this role?
Also, I'm wondering if it fits with your background that there could be a civilisation of this type alive hundreds of years before the events of IFTU and ATS? The explanation I was going for was that originally there were demons and these monsters on Irdya but when the demons were banished some of there followers, who weren't tied to the inferno, remained. I've played both IFTU and ATS and I think that fits but its been a while so I just wanted to check.

Thanks.
MRDNRA

Post by MRDNRA »

Just played through the first lot of completed scenarios so far, really enjoying them, although I've noticed a few bugs at various points (but I'll have to play through again to tell you what they are, however they mainly seem to be something to do with "side deprecation" or something like that), however they don't seem to have any impact on actual playability at all.

It's a good campaign, not particularly challenging (when playing on easiest difficulty), even though I have lost several lvl 2 units over the course of the campaign, including revenants, wraiths and also a couple of lvl 2 fire faeries!

I quite liked the addition of getting orcs to recruit, and also the 3 elf loyals who join (although I did have to restart that scenario once due to losing the shaman, well not restart more like go back to before I saw the first enemy!)
Sultan_Iberia

Post by Sultan_Iberia »

I was wondering why isn't this IftU part 3. I feel it lose a little continuity when I begin the game with weaker characters than I had built throughout the storyline.
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: After the Storm 0.4 [Wesnoth 1.9.3+]

Post by Iris »

Version 0.4.0 is out!

I’m not going to bother with an announcement here. I’ll try to post something in my blog later instead.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

:? That was really long overdue, but I’ve just applied the majority of tr0ll’s changes to wording in previous scenarios in SVN trunk, along with a few of my own. The one change I’m unsure about applying is the following:
I know, I know, and so you’ll be if you keep pointing out the obvious. → I know, I know, and so will you be if you keep pointing out the obvious.
There’s something about the replacement that makes it sound even more awkward for me. Native English speakers: opinions?

EDIT: full context follows.

Code: Select all

[message]
            speaker=Kyara
            message= _ "You are dead already."
        [/message]

[message]
            speaker=Mal Keshar
            message= _ "I know, I know, and so you’ll be if you keep pointing out the obvious."
        [/message]
Alarantalara
Art Contributor

Post by Alarantalara »

I agree, your original wording is better.
However, "and so will be you", or "and you'll be too", or even, "and you'll be dead too", are what I'd be more likely to say in conversation.
Sultan_Iberia

Post by Sultan_Iberia »

How about this:

[message]
            speaker=Kyara
        [/message]

[message]
            speaker=Mal Keshar
            message= _ "I know...I know...and you’ll be too if you keep pointing out the obvious."
        [/message]
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: After the Storm 0.4.1a [Wesnoth 1.9.5+]

Post by Iris »

I ultimately decided to go with this:

[message]
            speaker=Kyara
        [/message]

[message]
            speaker=Mal Keshar
            message= _ "I know, I know, and you’ll be too if you keep pointing out the obvious."
        [/message]
In other news, version 0.4.1a is out!

This version adds the tenth scenario to the first episode, and changes some existing text as previously mentioned. It also rises the Wesnoth version requirement to 1.9.5 due to a couple of terrain types mainlined in that version.