After the Storm 0.10.18.1 [Wesnoth 1.14.x & 1.15.12+]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Would you play untested versions of IftU and AtS on Wesnoth 1.15.4+?

Poll ended at August 29th, 2020, 5:32 am

nah
10%
yee i can play on the latest wesnoth dev release
50%
i can play on wesnoth dev releases but no guarantees im going to be updating every time a new one comes out
10%
am big brain and can play on the wesnoth dev branch from git, who needs binary packages
10%
what the heck is wesnoth 1.15
20%

Total votes: 10

Iris
Site Administrator

After the Storm 0.10.18.1 [Wesnoth 1.14.x & 1.15.12+]

Post by Iris »

Description

This campaign is the immediate sequel to Invasion from the Unknown.

After the Emperor of Chaos was defeated, the free civilizations of the Great Continent hoped that his followers would abandon the
ongoing war. Meanwhile, Galas and his unlikely band of heroes head back to the northern lands to request aid for their next journey.

Later, the Chaos Empire still manages to make a stand against its enemies. While the Grand Council is preoccupied with more
pressing matters, the fragile alliance of the peoples of the Far North is threatened by a new, mysterious leader who seeks to invade
their defenseless lands.

(Intermediate level, three separate episodes with 13 scenarios each.)

Downloading
  • Latest campaign release: 0.10.18.1 (release notes)
  • Music packages: 0.3.2 (IftU Music), 0.3.2 (AtS Music)
All packages can be obtained from the official Wesnoth add-ons server.

The latest release of this campaign is intended to work with Wesnoth 1.14.3 and later only.

Support for Wesnoth 1.15.12 and later is HIGHLY experimental and you are required to report any issues you find while playing to this thread. Previous development versions are not supported.

Feedback

There are two officially-sanctioned venues for posting your feedback on this campaign: the feedback topic in the Add-on Feedback section, or this same topic you are reading right now. The Add-on Feedback topic has a questionnaire template and an optional survey, whereas this development topic encourages free-form posting and it is generally more fitting for bug reports and minor comments or general questions and exchanges with other posters. It is up to you to decide which communication channel to use and how!

The nomenclature for scenarios and episodes of this campaign (which I use in my own posts) is ExSy (Episode x, scenario y) and Ex (Episode x). This may be used as a convenient shorthand in lieu of the complete episode and/or scenario name. Most scenarios throughout the campaign include this shorthand along with the standard scenario name during story screen sections.

Translating

See the Ethea-i18n wiki for information about starting or taking over translations.

Milestones
  • Version 1.0.0 (future milestone, no ETA for the moment) — first portrait-complete version
  • Version 0.10.0 (2020-06-21) — first 1.14 version, various gameplay changes
  • Version 0.9.0 (2013-03-05) — first complete version
  • Version 0.8.0 (2012-05-17) — first three scenarios of E3 published
  • Version 0.7.0 (2012-01-17) — E2 completed, first complete version before E3 became a 1.0.0 goal instead of 2.0.0
  • Version 0.6.0 (2011-12-09) — first three scenarios of E2 published
  • Version 0.5.0 (2011-10-16) — E1 completed
  • Version 0.1.0 (2009-02-06) — first three scenarios of E1 published
  • Version 0.0.0 (2008-05-17) — development started

Related links

Have fun! 💜
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Theron

Re: After the Storm 0.3.x [Wesnoth 1.9.2+]

Post by Theron »

Nice work.
I really like your maps - they are beautiful.

[Bug] Bay of Tirigaz
- the macro ANIMATED_FOUNTAIN complains about missing png-Extensions
[Bug?] Bay of Tirigaz
- shipwrecks: I got the 50 gold twice. The code has a first_time_only=no. It's possible to abuse this.
Elvish_Hunter

Re: After the Storm 0.3.x [Wesnoth 1.9.2+]

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

I played the first scenario on Wesnoth 1.9.2, Easy difficult. While that scenario works fine, I got six times this stderr.txt error:

Code: Select all

warning engine: variable_info: retrieving member of non-existant WML container, temp_MOVE_UNIT_EX.stored_unit
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: After the Storm 0.3 [Wesnoth 1.9.2+]

Post by Iris »

Version 0.3.1 is out, and available for download at the usual locations.

Release Notes
  • The spammy warnings in scenario 5 should be gone.
  • Fixed a loophole related to the treasure locations in scenario 5.
  • Silenced some spurious variable engine warnings in scenario 1.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: After the Storm 0.3 [Wesnoth 1.9.3+]

Post by Iris »

Version 0.3.2 is out, and available for download at the usual locations.

Release Notes
  • I forgot to update the campaign's description, but it should be noted that support for Wesnoth 1.9.2 has been dropped. Please don't post bug reports unless you are playing on 1.9.3 or higher.
  • Scenario 8 is now complete.
  • Some cosmetic changes were made to some maps.
  • A few graphics were updated.
Scampada

Post by Scampada »

Buenos dias, good sirs. I'm interested in AtS, is the project freezed now?
liminal unit
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Sort of. There’s been literally no feedback at all in 4 months as you can see above, so I’ve not felt particularly interested in going ahead with this.

(By the way, you posted this originally in the 1.7.x/1.8.x version’s thread. That version is no longer maintained and it’s severely outdated in comparison to the 1.9.x version.)
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

There’s been literally no feedback at all in 4 months as you can see above, so I’ve not felt particularly interested in going ahead with this.
Then there are not enough bugs. Bugs are the way you get feedback.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Battlecruiser_Venca

Post by Battlecruiser_Venca »

doofus-01 wrote:
There’s been literally no feedback at all in 4 months as you can see above, so I’ve not felt particularly interested in going ahead with this.
Then there are not enough bugs. Bugs are the way you get feedback.
True, and there're too few scenarios to think what will be the story about
Scampada

Post by Scampada »

Aye, agree. Bugs are required for more feedback. And what about the story... Sorry, my English speaking isn't brilliant, I can't explain all I think about. I can read your comments, but can't write mine so quickly as you comrades.
Btw, there are standard wesnoth's men in these few scenarios. Ehm... I believe there meant to be Aragwaith? Especially, in scenario named "Civil war in the North".
liminal unit
StDrake

Post by StDrake »

Lack of feedback is not a pleasant reason to stop development. Feel encouraged! I'm pretty sure many people are really anxious to know the rest of the story of Galas, Malin and Elynia - they just don't feel like posting to cry out praise without being able to pick on anything specific (bugs are good for that), or are afraid that just posting to encourage you to continue work might be treated as pointless spam (and it appears you're quite famous for being more harsh than often necessary so that's a further scareaway from posting)
I really hope this is good enough feedback to convince you to pick up the work again. I could throw in a few ideas too if you feel like considering any.
Like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick ass with!
Don't like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick their asses! So everyone's happy :)
Felinian faction is part of the Beyond Southern Hells era
kitties need sprites! art topic here
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

StDrake wrote:(and it appears you're quite famous for being more harsh than often necessary so that's a further scareaway from posting)
Original research? :lol2:
Scampada

Post by Scampada »

Yep, and I would suggest some ideas too. Btw, there is no russian version of your campaign, so I could help a little with translation. My speaking English is poor, but I feel better in Russian) most probably just because it is my mt, indeed. xD
So, let me just agree with StDrake. A little later I'll leave a comment with some feedback for the first 5 scenarios. :roll: sorry, my internet doesn't like me.
liminal unit
Theron

Post by Theron »

Bug reports? Here you go…

AtS 0.3.2, medium / Wesnoth 1.9.4 / Mac OS X 10.6.6

A macro error:
scenario 3: {OBJECTIVE_NO_CARRYOVER} is displayed but has no real effect.
(I started scenario 4 with 446 = 360 + 215*0.4 gold).

A markup error:
18.03.11 11:19:50 [0x0-0x1f01f].org.wesnoth.Wesnoth[1185] 20110318 11:19:50 error gui/layout: ttext::set_text text 'Type: <b>Sylvan Warden</b>
18.03.11 11:19:50 [0x0-0x1f01f].org.wesnoth.Wesnoth[1185] Although she is probably best known for the power of the Union which she formerly wielded, her mastery of faerie magic is great enough to compensate the loss. She is a guardian of the forests, and will do anything to stop those who dare disturb peace on them.
18.03.11 11:19:50 [0x0-0x1f01f].org.wesnoth.Wesnoth[1185] Special Notes: The unit has magical attacks, which always have a high chance of hitting an opponent. This unit is able to slow its enemies, halving their movement speed and attack damage until they end a turn. This unit's powers are increased by the Sylvan Essence (see this ability's <ref>dst='ability_sylvan essence' text='full description'</ref> for details). This unit’s skill at skirmishing allows it to ignore enemies’ zones of control and thus move unhindered around them.' has broken markup, set to normal text.

Loss of carryover gold from scenario 5 to 7:
Scenario 5: Ended with 136 gold to carryover
Scenario 6-1: Starting gold + carryover gold = 0 + 136 = 136 (OK)
Scenario 6-2: Starting gold + carryover gold = 0 + 138 = 138 (OK)
Scenario 7: Only starting gold (280). I expected 418 = 280 + 138
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

\o/

Well, I fixed the markup problem and the scenario 3 carryover bug.

However, I can’t reproduce the carryover issue between scenarios 5 and 7 using Wesnoth 1.9.4+svn @ r48915. Perhaps it’s an engine bug that was fixed in the interim.

Next AtS release coming soonish.