Wings of Victory 1.9/1.10

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mountain_King
Translator

Re: Wings of Victory 1.9/1.10

Post by Mountain_King »

Well, now that 1.9.5 is "out" I decided to visit (revisit) this campaign. I found a couple bugs.
In the scenario green isle, scenario objectives say to defeat Volryan or whatever his name is. After defeating him there is no victory, but once you defeat the other lich with no name the victory thing comes up and tells you you won.
Also, losing Vank doesn't make you lose. I lost him in the scenario with the sinking island, nothing happened and the following scenarios had broken dialogue.
In addition, I thought it kind of weird that the spiral path drakes were so worried about overpopulation (it gave the campaign a bizarrely modern flair that I didn't really like.).

Best Regards,
Mountain_King
Projects: Ice Age Fun, Japhel's Journey (same link), Shameless Crossover Excuse (Maintainer), and Age of Dinosaurs!
Is cothabhálach an aistriúcháin Gaeilge mé.
EXTERMINATE!!!!
BfWEthnographer

Post by BfWEthnographer »

Hi

I'm playing Wings of Victory (0.0.4alpha) and as mentioned in the post above, I too encounter the bug with "Vank", in Green Island.
I lost Vank in battle against Volryan, but I could continue playing, although the scenario objectives put it as condition for scenario failure.

And another 2 things/feedbacks:
1- I found it a bit confusing that (in green Island) the lich in the right upper corner is shown/visible, while the 'camp' of the primary scenario objective is hidden. I'd expected the other way round, but that's me :P
edit: the first times I played I skipped intro and I didn't notice..actually, Valryan is shown during the intro and 'talks' to my units. However when the scenario begins its area disappear again, while the other lich's area is visible. Strange :)

2- Isn't it a little too challenging to fight against two level-3 liches who keep constantly recruiting in the second (playable) scenario of the campaign?
I mean, you can arrive there with one or two levelled units, but nothing more than a small amount of gold. By the end of the 13/14th turn you are surrounded by a +dozen of enemies from upper-right, and facing 6/7 enemies (and more) from bottom left, and yet you have to reach (and defeat) Volryan.
Current research on sustainability of commons (also involving BfW) - ISSP
Old (unmaintained) website used for my PhD research on BfW

BfWEthnographer

Post by BfWEthnographer »

Just an update on the bug. I managed to defeat Varlyan, but with the loss of Vank. When I defeat him the scenario does not end (bringing me to the following one) and it goes on normally.
At that point, since my units are wounded and mostly dead, it ends up with enemies killing Galun and "I am defeated" :)

in the previous post, Mountain_King reported having passed it, with the loss of Vank, it would be nice to know how.

cheers

Edit= I forgot. At the beginning of the scenario (after the introductory dialogues finish, and the game begins) there is an error message appearing:

Code: Select all

<WML> Error: empty side= and no [filter_side] is deprecated
Current research on sustainability of commons (also involving BfW) - ISSP
Old (unmaintained) website used for my PhD research on BfW

Mountain_King
Translator

Post by Mountain_King »

I have a hunch that the problem with "Green Isle" is partially that it's set up for you to actually have more leveled recalls (from the skipped scenario).
/thinks to self. "You know, someone really ought to nudge fabi or something so he can see all this feedback...
Projects: Ice Age Fun, Japhel's Journey (same link), Shameless Crossover Excuse (Maintainer), and Age of Dinosaurs!
Is cothabhálach an aistriúcháin Gaeilge mé.
EXTERMINATE!!!!
fabi
Inactive Developer

Post by fabi »

I will fix the bugs soon...
Gitanomad_X

Post by Gitanomad_X »

Still waiting for those bug fixes… It promised to be a great campaign.
Kylix

Post by Kylix »

fabi wrote: October 26th, 2010, 6:18 pm Wings of Victory, a drake campaign.

Written by
esr and fabi

Version 0.0.4alpha is available on the addon server for Wesnoth 1.9.

4 scenarios.
Why should we kill all the enemy units and not only the leaders? Then, once killed the undead leader (I'm trying to kill the Midnight Queen), all the other units with that trait should vanish as a result.
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Post by octalot »

Kylix wrote: November 2nd, 2020, 2:38 pm Version 0.0.4alpha for Wesnoth 1.9.
There's a more recent feedback thread for this campaign, now renamed Wings of Valor: https://r.wesnoth.org/t49140