Shameless Crossover Excuse Revived

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mountain_King
Translator

Shameless Crossover Excuse Revived

Post by Mountain_King »

Rise, rise from the ground, dead campaign.

With Halloween nearly upon us, there are a lot of people into the whole "spooky/undead/blablabla" spirit this year. So, I decided that there should be an undead campaign re-released on October 31st for those into the whole mood. The Dark Hordes? Nah, UMC-Dev has that one. What about Shameless Crossover Excuse? The campaign where Gwiti claims revenge upon all those who steal his precious portraits for their own personal gain? Bingo. So, on October 31st we shall see return of a beloved necromancer not seen since 1.4. The Time-traveling Gwiti Ha'atel. I didn't want to be a necromancer myself, so I have left the original thread as dead as dead can be.

I have managed to convert most of the coding to 1.8 and got the whole thing to work without any game-breaking bugs. Thankfully, the original author provided us with a roadmap for the whole rest of the campaign, meaning it might get to actually be completed according to his original intentions.

Five Days Until Release Date!!!
Last edited by Mountain_King on November 2nd, 2010, 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Projects: Ice Age Fun, Japhel's Journey (same link), Shameless Crossover Excuse (Maintainer), and Age of Dinosaurs!
Is cothabhálach an aistriúcháin Gaeilge mé.
EXTERMINATE!!!!
bigkahuna

Re: Undead Campaign Revived: SCE

Post by bigkahuna »

The campaign sounds hilarious already :lol2:

I would help, but I have no access to a computer come tomorrow until Fridayish.

I'll enjoy playing it :D
Check out my campaign Sweet Revenge!
Join the new R2D forum!
sur.nhm

Post by sur.nhm »

Mountain_King wrote:Rise, rise from the ground, dead campaign.

With Halloween nearly upon us, there are a lot of people into the whole "spooky/undead/blablabla" spirit this year. So, I decided that there should be an undead campaign re-released on October 31st for those into the whole mood. The Dark Hordes? Nah, UMC-Dev has that one. What about Shameless Crossover Excuse? The campaign where Gwiti claims revenge upon all those who steal his precious portraits for their own personal gain? Bingo. So, on October 31st we shall see return of a beloved necromancer not seen since 1.4. The Time-traveling Gwiti Ha'atel. I didn't want to be a necromancer myself, so I have left the original thread as dead as dead can be.

I have managed to convert most of the coding to 1.8 and got the whole thing to work without any game-breaking bugs. Thankfully, the original author provided us with a roadmap for the whole rest of the campaign, meaning it might get to actually be completed according to his original intentions.

Five Days Until Release Date!!!
Rise_up_rise_up SCE
I'm not really around any more, but you can find me in TvTropes.
Mountain_King
Translator

Post by Mountain_King »

How did you know that's the macro I used to revive the campaign? :P
Good news. I might actually have the whole thing basically done by launch time. Only 1 & 1/2 scenarios to go.
Two days until the release date (Woohoo!).
Projects: Ice Age Fun, Japhel's Journey (same link), Shameless Crossover Excuse (Maintainer), and Age of Dinosaurs!
EXTERMINATE!!!!
Mountain_King
Translator

Re: Shameless Crossover Excuse Revived

Post by Mountain_King »

Campaign is floating around on the server now. Got the basic scenarios in, though it still needs some balancing on the last few scenarios, as well as the harder difficulties. I've only play-tested through it on easy.
EXTERMINATE!!!!
tr0ll

Post by tr0ll »

where is it? i couldnt find it on the add-ons server or in the campaigns list
i have 1.9.1
Mountain_King
Translator

Post by Mountain_King »

it's only on the 1.8 server right now. I could try converting to 1.9, but I've been having trouble with that lately. Is there a list somewhere of all the syntax changes from 1.8 to 1.9?
EXTERMINATE!!!!
StDrake

Post by StDrake »

if in doubt, try using it with 1.9 as it is and see what breaks - then play around with fixes for that :D

I'll get around to testing it myself, but got too many other stories started still
Like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick ass with!
Don't like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick their asses! So everyone's happy :)
Felinian faction is part of the Beyond Southern Hells era
kitties need sprites! art topic here
pauxlo

Post by pauxlo »

Theoretically, using the 1.9 wmlint should help converting your 1.8 campaign. (Make a backup before.)
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

Mountain_King wrote:it's only on the 1.8 server right now. I could try converting to 1.9, but I've been having trouble with that lately. Is there a list somewhere of all the syntax changes from 1.8 to 1.9?
There are not many differences, just try it, and correct eventual mistakes. 1.9 is very critical about your WML, and will make a fatal error of anything.
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
Mountain_King
Translator

Post by Mountain_King »

I am a dark inept at using wmllint. :lol2: Anyways, I transferred SCE to the computer with 1.9 on it, played with it a little bit, and WHAM-O! On the 1.9 server. There are two minor bugs that I am aware of, but they do not break the game.
bugs I have found:
Amazingly enough, I didn't have to change a single line of WML in any coding.
EXTERMINATE!!!!
tr0ll

Post by tr0ll »

thanks!
The Black Sword

Post by The Black Sword »

Hey, I've been playing through this on hard. Its pretty good, some interesting battles and a lot of silly jokes. :)
Anyway I'm pretty sure Showdown is impossible. There's nothing you can do to stop the AI from killing Babyface. Tbh, I sort of expected some joke regarding Hamel and this scenario in NR when he died, maybe just put something like that in? The scenario should be fine apart from that.
Mountain_King
Translator

Post by Mountain_King »

Eh....TBH, I forgot to modify the gold values for the teams in that scenario to approximate those of the scenario from NR. :doh:
Out of curiosity, which version of Wesnoth are you using? I have a 1.8 and a 1.9 version on the server.
I am on the case though, and I'll try and have it fixed within the next few hours.
EXTERMINATE!!!!
The Black Sword

Post by The Black Sword »

I'm using 1.8.