"The fellowship of the Clay" Humans gaining ground story

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Starlight

Re: "The fellowship of the Clay" Humans gaining ground stor

Post by Starlight »

Reval wrote:Hi Starlight,
I guess I have to thank you for the most positive feedback so far. :)
I plan on accepting all your corrections. (Might take two weeks though.)
The best way to send me corrections is to directly edit the scenario cfg files in the scenarios folder of The Fellowship of the Clay with an editor. You can than send those cfgs via PM to me and I just check them before uploading.
Thanks again and I hope you enjoy the rest of TFotC as well!
Reval,

Thanks for the quick reply. I did look at the .cfg files but was not sure if you would like / trust me fiddling around with them.
I will work on the .cfgs for the remaining scenarios and send them to you as I finish them.
Sandermatt

Post by Sandermatt »

I just received elvish riding lessons. My mounted rider only has 8 MP and the horse alone 10 MP. Despite also having eaten the flowers. Is this a bug?
Reval

Post by Reval »

Sandermatt wrote:I just received elvish riding lessons. My mounted rider only has 8 MP and the horse alone 10 MP. Despite also having eaten the flowers. Is this a bug?
Yes, unfortunatly it realy is - one of the oldest and most persisting one. :?
The Wesnoth Unit Quiz by Flametrooper:
You Scored as Arch Mage - Arrg, just Arch?!?

The Fellowship of the Clay
mkcerusky

Post by mkcerusky »

Reval wrote:
mkcerusky wrote:I cannot succed teleporting any unit with Harriet Porter. Unfortunately I did not memorize che screen with the instructions and whatever I try to do for teleporting do not work, can anyone, please write down exact instructions for teleporting units? I would appreciate it very much, thanks in advance
- Herriett needs her full move points
- You move a unit next to her
- right-click on that unit, choose "teleport this unit"
- right-click on a friendly village, choose "teleport unit here"

Thanks a lot :)
Starlight

Post by Starlight »

Reval,

I have tested the following for Scenario 7, but it should be of use in Scenario 17 as well.

For Scenario 7, adding this code snippet should help with reducing the problem where Haldric's units go into the water and get themselves killed.

This reduces their aggresiveness (metaphorically), and keep them within the caste.
It also helps provide a better defense.

I have tried this in two ways:
1. The regular type with Haldric's Gold = 100 (Decent Improvement)
2. By giving Haldric 700 gold (Haldric was then able to defend by himself - had a few units left over when 12 turns ended).

I also recommend removing the Dragoon unit from the recruitment list since it does not follow the AI code due to certain issues.

Finally, you might want to change the recruitment list to just - "Red mage, White Mage, Pikeman, Javileener"

Code: Select all

[ai]
aggression=0
grouping=defensive
[avoid]
    terrain=W*,W*^*
[/avoid]
[/ai]
Starlight

Post by Starlight »

Hi Everybody,

Correction: It is Scenario 14, not 15, that I need a replay of.....

I have having some difficulty getting through Scenario 14 (Dark Walks_Walk About Darkness). Anybody who has a successful replay and can post it would be highly appreciated.

(I use 1.10.4)

(This time I deleted the previous post, already got two comments for double posting. Hope this works.)
Krellja

Post by Krellja »

On the first view: A really nice campaign. Thank you!

Played it till scenario 6 where it repeatedly crashed at the end (Wesnot 1.11),
so I now restartet using version 1.10.

Hoping that you are interested I'll send you some typos in the german translation as a PM.
Ceres
Forum Regular

Post by Ceres »

Thanks! :D
Also thanks for the typo list, they will be fixed soon.
Played it till scenario 6 where it repeatedly crashed at the end (Wesnot 1.11),
Could you elaborate on how it crashes, what error messages are shown?
autohobbit

Post by autohobbit »

Hello all.

Ubuntu / Wesnoth 1.10 / FotC 1.2.7

Firstly, good job on this campaign - some really innovative stuff and I'm enjoying it a lot. Playing on Easy because..well, it's my first time.

I have a problem in that I can't seem to activate Harriett's teleportation of others. I've read this thread all the way through and I'm doing as advised (Harriett has full MP, I move a unit next to her, right-click) but the teleport option doesn't appear in the menu.

In the scenario where we first get Harriett I remember cancelling teleport ... um, somehow. Can't seem to get it back :( I've uninstalled and reinstalled both Wesnoth and the campaign with no change.

Any advice please? Without it I can't get through the 3 towers scenario I think.

thanks in advance
AH

(edited to add savegame if that's helpful)
Attachments
TFotC-Yeti's_State_of_Mind_Turn_9.gz
(90.8 KiB) Downloaded 364 times
Starlight

Post by Starlight »

autohobbit wrote:Hello all.

Ubuntu / Wesnoth 1.10 / FotC 1.2.7

Firstly, good job on this campaign - some really innovative stuff and I'm enjoying it a lot. Playing on Easy because..well, it's my first time.

I have a problem in that I can't seem to activate Harriett's teleportation of others. I've read this thread all the way through and I'm doing as advised (Harriett has full MP, I move a unit next to her, right-click) but the teleport option doesn't appear in the menu.

In the scenario where we first get Harriett I remember cancelling teleport ... um, somehow. Can't seem to get it back :( I've uninstalled and reinstalled both Wesnoth and the campaign with no change.

Any advice please? Without it I can't get through the 3 towers scenario I think.

thanks in advance
AH

(edited to add savegame if that's helpful)
I have a *generic* and a *specific* question - moderators, please don't move this to some other forum since it is *also* related to this campaign.

The generic question is:
1. Are there any campaigns which are being mainlined for 1.11/12. Which ones were mainlined in 1.10?
2. How do these get nominated?

Specifically, is there a chance that Fellowship of the Clay can be mainlined.
If yes, what further work / efforts / changes are required to make it mainline?
If no, then what are the criteria to mainline (dev / mod opinion, meeting certain criteria)?
Reval

Post by Reval »

Starlight wrote:I have a *generic* and a *specific* question - moderators, please don't move this to some other forum since it is *also* related to this campaign.

The generic question is:
1. Are there any campaigns which are being mainlined for 1.11/12. Which ones were mainlined in 1.10?
2. How do these get nominated?

Specifically, is there a chance that Fellowship of the Clay can be mainlined.
If yes, what further work / efforts / changes are required to make it mainline?
If no, then what are the criteria to mainline (dev / mod opinion, meeting certain criteria)?
Hi Starlight,
as we developed TFotC to fit right into the mainline BfW canon, I asked myslef and some other people similar questions. The status seems to be that chances for TFotC to be mainled are slim. The simple reason is that at some point, the responsible people simply decided that no more campaigns should be mainlined as the effort to keep every add-on 100% working with every update to BfW core increases. The only exception to this rule I know of, are campaigns that feature a faction that has no mainline campaign yet - as the drakes.
Dead Water was (to my knowledge) the last campaign to be mainlined for that very reason.

As much as I'd like TFotC to be part of the official campaigns, I can totaly understand the need to restrict what is mainline from a developer perspective: It would just be to easy to mainline every good campaign while this makes the BfW core porject unmanageable.

In any case, I regard your question as a great compliment for the campaign and I can only thank you for that!

gooby

Post by gooby »

If it were to be mainlined, the writing—the English writing at least—will need to be seriously overhauled.

I don't mean to be too harsh but, while this campaign looks tactically/mechanically interesting, I never made it far because the English writing is so absurd I couldn't suspend disbelief.

Giving it a go in a second language—namely German—seems to be a huge improvement at first glance...
gooby

Post by gooby »

One (possible) fault in the German version—can't be too presumptuous because it isn't my native language but „Ein Ritter! Soger einer des Lichts!” ... is „soger” a word? Is it some kind of dialectal thing? Shouldn't it be „sogar”?

And compare „Lass dir dein helles Köpfchen nicht von solche oberflächligen Fragen verdunkeln. Ich kennen kenne ihn nun mal.” ... huge improvement over the English despite the one grammatical error.

If I have the time I'll try to suggest improvements.

ps „Denkst du, du kannst eines unserer berüchtigten wißen weißen Pferde fangen, noch dazu auf unserem Gund Grund und Boden?” (?)

pps „Und so kam es, das daß Clyde den Elfenrat im Wesmere-Wald besuchte, den Ka'lian.” (?)
Reval

Post by Reval »

I am about to upload the next version which incorporates a lot of corrections to the german translation made by Krellja.
The mentioned errors should already be corrected there.

gooby, if you read through this thread, you will notice that on an almost regular basis, people made realy strong claims about the Englisch text. I invited them all to contribute thier corrections and almost everyone did (so I would just assume that it can't be that bad after so many correction cycles). I guess this is the very idea of a community project like BfW.

So you too, are sincerely invited to send me the scenario cfg-files with your corrections.

gooby

Post by gooby »

I'll see what I can do.

One other thing: Harriett uses the male mage "ugh!" sounds when she gets attacked.