"The fellowship of the Clay" Humans gaining ground story

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

jkekoni

Unable to mount Unihorse.

Post by jkekoni »

Problem: I am not able to mount Unihorse. The mount option does not appear. I have tried on several turns.
(I have tried subsequent scenarios on older version of the scenario too, and it did not work there either.)

How I tried to mount: I have tied to right click horse, Clyde and empty space next to them. Mount option does not appear.)

BOF: 1.9.12 OSX 10.6.6
Scenario version: Latest ( no visible version number on scenario, tried to update today.)
Skill: Easy
Scenario: 1st
Ceres
Forum Regular

Re: "The fellowship of the Clay" Humans gaining ground stor

Post by Ceres »

jkekoni wrote:How I tried to mount: I have tied to right click horse, Clyde and empty space next to them. Mount option does not appear.)
I wasn't able to confirm that. Works just right for me via right-clicking on Clyde or Snow-White. You're aware of that you can only mount her after having defeated the orcs, right?
csarmi

Post by csarmi »

Actually, a merman netcaster would be useful. I killed Yetis by luring them with a high hp unit then finishing them off within a turn but it can be upset with bad luck and losing units like that (units to bad luck) is no fun.
jkekoni

My mistake...

Post by jkekoni »

I assumed that the mount/unmount would work "out of the box", instead only after killing the orcs.
This was the case in some other scenario that contained mount/unmount.

The peasant was complaing about saddling, but I failed to notice that it was actually meaningful comment. Quite logical actually, providing that people
actually would read the comment instead of just scanning through. They (me including) usually do not...

I would add in the scenario objectives, "Unihorse is lacking saddle, so you cannot mount it at this time", or such. Also there could be
menu option saying "not mountable" that would result popup containg reason why.

Also it could be mentioned that one cannot keep troops leveled in the 1st scenario, since I tried to use this scenario to level the woodsmen.
Reval

Post by Reval »

csarmi wrote:Actually, a merman netcaster would be useful. I killed Yetis by luring them with a high hp unit then finishing them off within a turn but it can be upset with bad luck and losing units like that (units to bad luck) is no fun.
Actually, you can have a netcaster if you level one of the meerman in scenario2. Trouble is that he again, would move awfully slow.

The Yetis are tricky, agreed. I recomend, that you make use of Clyde's inspire. If you put a high damage unit like Legomir, Merdor, Feyndwarf or Aryad close to him, the Yetis can be killed very quickly.

jkekoni wrote:I assumed that the mount/unmount would work "out of the box", instead only after killing the orcs.
This was the case in some other scenario that contained mount/unmount.

The peasant was complaing about saddling, but I failed to notice that it was actually meaningful comment. Quite logical actually, providing that people
actually would read the comment instead of just scanning through. They (me including) usually do not...
That is why he says LISTEN CAREFULLY ;-)
jkekoni wrote:Also it could be mentioned that one cannot keep troops leveled in the 1st scenario, since I tried to use this scenario to level the woodsmen.
Actually, they ARE saved as you will come back to this in Scenario 7 and you will find all of the peasants from scenario1 there. And the woodsman comes with you.
The Wesnoth Unit Quiz by Flametrooper:
You Scored as Arch Mage - Arrg, just Arch?!?

The Fellowship of the Clay
masda_gib

Post by masda_gib »

Hello,

I am currently playing this campaign and enjoying it very much :) After scenario 15 (the one where you have to close the eternal gap with lava and water) came out I played that one this week.
I noticed two things:

- If I end scen. 14 with Clyde unmounted (but got the unicorn save before that) the unicorn isn't available in scen. 15. I think it should be among the starting units there.
- If you ignore the rock-into-lava task, you can capture all the villages and level your units indefinitly bacause the only unit that attacks you is the skeleton leader. You can gather your units around the skeleton castle and beat them up. Survivors will not attack back but go to the haunt and vanish. Repeat for 32546142 rounds and you will have your uber army :)

So far, I'm not past the poit of closing the gap so I haven't finished this scenario. These are just 2 points I noticed at the start of it.
Reval

Post by Reval »

masda_gib wrote:Hello,
- If I end scen. 14 with Clyde unmounted (but got the unicorn save before that) the unicorn isn't available in scen. 15. I think it should be among the starting units there.
- If you ignore the rock-into-lava task, you can capture all the villages and level your units indefinitly bacause the only unit that attacks you is the skeleton leader. You can gather your units around the skeleton castle and beat them up. Survivors will not attack back but go to the haunt and vanish. Repeat for 32546142 rounds and you will have your uber army :)
Hi mada_gib,
good to hear that you enjoy TFotC! :D

Indeed, you seem to have found two bugs/exploits, that we did not think of. In my tests, I always had Clyde mounted when finishing scenario 14 so I didn't notice the porblem. But indeed, scenario 14 is different insofar as the units are stored the moment they leave the map (and not together at the end), so we have to take special care of Snow-White (and Richard).

Though I hope that you did not realy spend 32546142 turns in Scenario 15, we should probably introduce some roud limit. Another option might be that the rock puzzle has to be solved before a certain round ar at least, that the undead will notice you at some point even if you did not touch the rock until that round.

So stay tuned for the following scenario with the first part of the showdown. :wink:

Wayirr

Post by Wayirr »

There is no bonus for fast finish, which makes the player want to protract the mission to the last turn in order to get more gold for the next mission, why so?
Reval

Post by Reval »

Wayirr wrote:There is no bonus for fast finish, which makes the player want to protract the mission to the last turn in order to get more gold for the next mission, why so?
This is not intentional - we simply forget it so far. Sorry for that!
I guess fix will have to wait until the last scenario is playable and finetuning will start.

Reval

Re: "The fellowhip of the Clay" Humans gaining ground story

Post by Reval »

TFotC 0.10.1: has been uploaded
Again, abigger update:
  • added scenario 16 I still consider it beta status though as there still appears a deprecated message
  • The Hunter from sceanrio 1 and the Saurian from scenario 12 schould now have traits when you get them
As you will notice, scenario 16 is relatively complex as you would expect from the climax of the story. :-)
This also means that it is quite possible that it can be played in a way other than intended - so if you think something is strange, we encourage you to tell us.

Other than that: Enjoy the new scenario!

lynx

Post by lynx »

noticed there's an update to 0.10.2 available — what's new?
Reval

Post by Reval »

lynx wrote:noticed there's an update to 0.10.2 available — what's new?
This time, I updated the patchnotes only in the first post of this thread.

lynx

Post by lynx »

Ah (the date is wrong though). Can't wait for the next scenario!
Reval

Post by Reval »

lynx wrote:Ah (the date is wrong though). Can't wait for the next scenario!
Thanks for letting us know. :-)
Though I still have some minor tweaks for scenario 16 in mind, scenario 17 is in progress and will eventually finish the campaign. :) :cry:

Corrected the date in the first post.

Flameslash

Post by Flameslash »

Bad News is way too hard. You can barely scratch the enemies without sacrificing heroes which you can't do.