"The fellowship of the Clay" Humans gaining ground story

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

chetan9693

Re: "The fellowship of the Clay" Humans gaining ground stor

Post by chetan9693 »

even after trying everything you mentioned, i am unable to move Lorelei using teleportation power
infact teleportation power works very rarely for me, all the units show switch on illuminating in right click menu and the option to teleport is hardly there
Please help :?
Ezzyman8

Post by Ezzyman8 »

Hey, I'm wondering how many scenarios long it is?
Thnx
Reval

Post by Reval »

16 playable and 2 story scenarios.
The Wesnoth Unit Quiz by Flametrooper:
You Scored as Arch Mage - Arrg, just Arch?!?

The Fellowship of the Clay
weaskim

Re: "The fellowship of the Clay" Humans gaining ground story

Post by weaskim »

In "the three tower of mount quake" how do you teleport Legomir to the west tower?
I tried many ways, it didn't work
could you please teach me or make a video to show me how to get there?
thx
Reval

Post by Reval »

Hi weaskim,
thanks for having found our old mission. As we wrote it quite a while ago, I have actually no idea how well the campaign runs under current versions of Wesnoth and what bugs one will ultimately run into.
I can say how it was intended to work:
viewtopic.php?p=535574#p535574
You need to capture a village in the west tower with the help of you only flying unit, namely Feyndwarf.
Than you need to move Legomir next to Harriet and she needs to have full move points (I know there was a bug that she could get the random attribute to have one more move point than standard and her teleport ability worked only if you moved her one hex, but I think that was fixed). With Legomir next to Harriet, you can use the right click menu on him with her special ability to teleport Legomir to the village you captured with Feyndwarf.
Since you have played thus far, I guess that you have used all of the characters special abilities - did all of them work? E.g. un-mounting, Harriets teleport?

UntrustworthyGM

Post by UntrustworthyGM »

Hi, new to these forums. I've been playing Wesnoth for an age and I quite enjoyed this campaign in earlier editions. Would it be possible for me to be an updater and maintainer for this campaign?

And as my coding skills are currently Nil - which shall have to change. Would anyone be happy to help me or give any particular advice with dealing with this campaign?
Current Campaigns of Interest:
LotI
A War of Life and Death viewtopic.php?f=8&t=52884
The Fellowship of the Clay viewtopic.php?t=31932
egallager

Post by egallager »

UntrustworthyGM wrote: September 5th, 2021, 1:52 am Hi, new to these forums. I've been playing Wesnoth for an age and I quite enjoyed this campaign in earlier editions. Would it be possible for me to be an updater and maintainer for this campaign?

And as my coding skills are currently Nil - which shall have to change. Would anyone be happy to help me or give any particular advice with dealing with this campaign?
Well, you can start by downloading the campaign from one of the old add-on servers and then running wmllint on it; that should at least help get the updating process started...
Reval

Post by Reval »

UntrustworthyGM wrote: September 5th, 2021, 1:52 am [...] Would it be possible for me to be an updater and maintainer for this campaign?

Dear UntrustworthyGM,

Indeed, I would really like if someone would resurrect and maintain the campaign. I still have all the files necessary for pushing a new version onto the add on server (if it is still done thins way :) ).
Last time I checked, one issues was that characters were invisible because the name and location of some used sprites/images in the main game have been changed over the years. So given that the campaign can generally be imported and started in a current Wesnoth version, that would be a good start to get some understanding of the code and to figure out a fix. Those changes could be made in the files for the characters.

Have you been able to copy/import the campaign in a current Wesnoth version and start it? Or have changes to the main game become so severe over the years the some more fundamental changes have become necessary. Of course, if it can be started, one could than start to find all the glitches that have to be fixed.

Best
Reval

UntrustworthyGM

I have gotten a copy of the campaign and run it. It gets partway through and then starts breaking apart.

As for this
Well, you can start by downloading the campaign from one of the old add-on servers and then running wmllint on it; that should at least help get the updating process started...

I shall give it a go. I might just start by learning code basics before going much further.
LotI
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

N.B. vghetto has this on his list of campaigns to port.
UntrustworthyGM

Alas, I return long after his project has ended. But for anyone who is wondering, I am working on it slowly.
LotI