To Lands Unknown 3.9

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: To Lands Unknown 3.1.2 - a new gameplay mode!

Post by Konrad2 »

The only real problems I ever had were with Fire canyon. (...and of course the two last scenarios but that's a design choice, right?) Barbarians hit quite hard, especially with kamikaze and berserk. Which is why having only a few units avaible can get you in trouble very fast, even if you think you are doing well.
PastaSaucey

Post by PastaSaucey »

Let me answer your question: there is no sequel coming for TLU in the near future but some work on the prequel has been made ;) Unfortunately there a few obstacles (including my limited spare time and some worrying statistics about the game) but I am planning to reveal the whole story of the world of TLU sooner or later.
:cry: I understand, although the ending left me hanging a bit ...

I still don't trust the Guru or his Sky Kingdom People ...

And what did he mean by
Spoiler:

Sorry, that's a lot of questions, but there is still something that confuses me about the campaign that suggests a sequel …

But, hey, if you need someone with free time, I'm sure I can find some.

P.S. You can find our more about me by checking out my post on the "introduce yourself" page

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=32268&start=540
Think outside the quadrilateral parallelogram
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Konrad2 wrote: September 4th, 2018, 7:16 pm The only real problems I ever had were with Fire canyon. (...and of course the two last scenarios but that's a design choice, right?) Barbarians hit quite hard, especially with kamikaze and berserk. Which is why having only a few units available can get you in trouble very fast, even if you think you are doing well.
Indeed this can be problematic. Maybe reducing kamikazes and berserkers present on the map on hard could help a bit :hmm:
PastaSaucey wrote: September 4th, 2018, 8:36 pm I still don't trust the Guru or his Sky Kingdom People ...
And what did he mean by
(Spoiler)
Some clues are already in the story, especially in the recent versions of the campaign. Pay close attention to the ending dialog in
Spoiler:
PastaSaucey wrote: September 4th, 2018, 8:36 pm Sorry, that's a lot of questions, but there is still something that confuses me about the campaign that suggests a sequel …
TLU was meant to be the first of the series of campaigns set in the world of Era of Magic. The initial plan was to make a dedicated campaign for each faction ultimately leading to the grand finale.
PastaSaucey wrote: September 4th, 2018, 8:36 pm But, hey, if you need someone with free time, I'm sure I can find some.
Thanks for the info, but first the initial working structure of the prequel has to be completed in order to allow to work on more detailed story and gameplay stuff. There are still some major technical things to be done and you cannot help at this stage. But there is a possibility that the team will need an external help in the future. If this happens I'll announce it. ;)
Creator of Era of Magic
Creator of To Lands Unknown

Support me on Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
Graemewf

Post by Graemewf »

Hi, loving the campaign. Storyline is excellent, graphics are impressive. Desperately trying to find out what happens but hitting an issue on Sky Kingdom. Playing on IPad and having trouble using the teleport. I have 4 units on the first site and there is a space to transport to at the other end but when I select a unit and try to drag it to the space the screen won’t scroll. If I select the unit and then use the minimap it’s wont work either. Am i missing something simple? Tried all different units. I assumes it’s an iPad control issue?
vorwi

Post by vorwi »

Hi, I've just finished campaign and i must say that it was brilliant experience. Storyline is great and funny.
I'm wondering if there is another story like this one? Prequel, Sequel, diffrent view, anything of that kind?
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

vorwi wrote: September 13th, 2018, 3:36 pm I'm wondering if there is another story like this one? Prequel, Sequel, diffrent view, anything of that kind?
This question has been answered by inferno8 on the previous page(s) of this thread multiple times. You can have a look.
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
vorwi

Post by vorwi »

I have seen a positive answer like in 8years ago and yet there is still only one campaign...
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

vorwi wrote: September 13th, 2018, 10:02 pm I have seen a positive answer like in 8years ago and yet there is still only one campaign...
Well, the thing is, the with the actual situation (as inferno8 personally told me, since we sometimes work together on addons), is that with wesnoth's declining popularity and his shortage of spare time, it isn't all that worth it to make a similar campaign (making a sequel isn't too difficult with most normal campaigns, but with a campaign like TLU, it requires drawing high-quality background images for every single scenario). Overall, it isn't too likely that the campaign will ever be made at all, but if inferno8 someday has enough spare time and commitment to begin such a project, then there might be hope.
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
vorwi

Post by vorwi »

Thanks for your answer would be nice if there's a way to make your post more visible like pin it somewhere or i dont know ... :/
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

vorwi wrote: September 14th, 2018, 5:50 pm Thanks for your answer would be nice if there's a way to make your post more visible like pin it somewhere or i dont know ... :/
Well, I suppose I'll ask inferno8 to put it on the front page if he wants. Until then, I'll quote my post whenever someone brings up the question again.
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

Wow, very impressed so far.

Couple minor issues:

In S1, I met a character with the summon ability (see saved game, Samir @ 29.26). Mouse over the traits and it will say that you can right click on a unit with summon and get a help option. This doesn't happen. [Edit: looks like you have to control the unit to get the help screen].

AMAL meditation for Mehir: At level up, it says "when NOT resting", which conflicts with ability help info.

And a couple spelling issues in the early dialog:

S1: "I never though the guards" -> "I never thought the guards"

S2: "the honorable, You missed" Probably want "the Honorable". Comma should be a period. [There also should be two spaces after the end of a sentence, though it appears so far that only one is used everywhere, so at least it's consistent.]
Attachments
TLU-Highest Tiers-Auto-Save10.gz
(61.85 KiB) Downloaded 454 times
Last edited by white_haired_uncle on September 24th, 2018, 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

white_haired_uncle wrote: September 24th, 2018, 5:47 am [There also should be two spaces after the end of a sentence, though it appears so far that only one is used everywhere, so at least it's consistent.]
That's news to me. Why should it be like that? ._. Or rather, in what case should it be like that, because I don't see you doing that.
white_haired_uncle

Konrad2 wrote: September 24th, 2018, 5:55 am
white_haired_uncle wrote: September 24th, 2018, 5:47 am [There also should be two spaces after the end of a sentence, though it appears so far that only one is used everywhere, so at least it's consistent.]
That's news to me. Why should it be like that? ._. Or rather, in what case should it be like that, because I don't see you doing that.
For one thing, it's easier to read. For another, it avoids confusion with issues like I was reporting, where initially I thought the error was capitalizing "you" (two spaces would have made it clear that this was a new sentence).

But then, "your" now seems to be an acceptable contraction for "you are", so English has pretty much gone straight to heck since the release of the 56K modem.

I just checked, and the file I cut and pasted my comments from was written correctly. Looks like the forum software autocorrupts the spacing. At least apple gets it right.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

white_haired_uncle wrote: September 24th, 2018, 6:59 am But then, "your" now seems to be an acceptable contraction for "you are", so English has pretty much gone straight to heck since the release of the 56K modem.
As one of the few young people that avoid using smartphones/most social media, I very much agree with you on this part.
white_haired_uncle

Southern Nations: Objectives say 5% gold carryover, but it's actually 10% (on easy at least)

In the attached, move Mehir to the X, click through dialog, end turn, note the very last message. You didn't do what it says, and couldn't have if you wanted to. Unless maybe this is another message about the Efreet? Seemed kind of odd.

Eventually, I noticed meditation does not work in villages. It seems like I saw a note about that somewhere, but it is not in the help.
Attachments
TLU-Southern Nations-Auto-Save12.gz
(124.08 KiB) Downloaded 421 times