To Lands Unknown 3.9

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Sandermatt

Re: To Lands Unknown

Post by Sandermatt »

In Ka-gatte, htere is an item for a camel rider. Is it on purpose that a heavy camel rider cannot take it?
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

Matherton wrote:thank you bigkahuna!!! Your plan worked beautifully.
Now I can finally see the next scenario in this AWESOME campaign!!!!!!
You're welcome :) Tell me what you think of Gates of Kharos when you get there. I'm still too scared to try it.
Sandermatt wrote:In Ka-gatte, htere is an item for a camel rider. Is it on purpose that a heavy camel rider cannot take it?
Yes. If a regular camel rider takes it he'll level up, though.
Check out my campaign Sweet Revenge!
Join the new R2D forum!
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

The new version of the campaign (1.1) is now available!

I fixed all (I hope) reported bugs, corrected all grammar mistakes and typos (I mentioned in credits all users, who helped me with this), added weather control system in "Far North" and fixed all lua errors on 1.9.x. If I missed something, tell me.

Enjoy! ;)
Creator of Era of Magic
Creator of To Lands Unknown

Support me on Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
Dixie

Post by Dixie »

I downloaded the 1.9.1 version. In the Ka-Gatta scenario, any unit that appears (bats, for the most part) vanishes instantly. They just won't stay, so it's presently an enemy-less scenario. IIRC, this didn't happen in previous versions, so it must be something you changed "recently".

On the plus side, I didn't get any more lua errors. :)
Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny - Frank Zappa
Current projects: Internet meme Era, The Settlers of Wesnoth
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Dixie wrote:I downloaded the 1.9.1 version. In the Ka-Gatta scenario, any unit that appears (bats, for the most part) vanishes instantly. They just won't stay, so it's presently an enemy-less scenario. IIRC, this didn't happen in previous versions, so it must be something you changed "recently".
Oops. Fixed. 1.1.1 is out.
Creator of Era of Magic

Matherton

Post by Matherton »

A minor point: I am now in the scenario The Far North, and I have just noticed that the 'undo' option seems to be missing from my list. I know that this is common when playing on a map with a shroud, but it doesn't seem to me that this map warrants it.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

This issue will be fixed next time.
Creator of Era of Magic

wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

For some of the scenarios it stays the same time of day. Is this intentional?
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Yes.
Creator of Era of Magic

Gwynnedrion

Post by Gwynnedrion »

I do not know why, but ever since I installed To Lands Unknown on Bow 1.8.5 I get an error saying wesnoth.exe can't start... Same goes with 1.9.1... Anyone else who encountered this ?
”Rise, adept, and tell me about the enemy.”

You are a Horseman: you charge ahead without thinking of the consequences.(80%)
Matherton

Post by Matherton »

The Gates of Kharos is fun!
Spoiler:
Have you tried it yet, bigkahuna? My strategy (if you can call it that- I didn't lose any of my level 3 recalls, but it was a near thing a few times) is probably non-ideal.
Captain_Wrathbow

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

I'm still slowly working my way through this campaign, but it's difficult since I rarely get more than one hour of free time each day, and it can't all go to wesnoth.
I'm on Chaos now, near the end of it. I'm loving this campaign and I'm dying to play more of it. I only wish I had more time...

The only scenario so far that I haven't enjoyed exceedingly was Ka-gatta. (spelled right?) Anyway, the randomized bat spawns were very annoying, especially if I had a unit that got low on health; I was afraid to move it, cause it could get surrounded by bats. And it can't heal if I can't move it to an oasis!
I would have preferred if the units were all placed on the map at start, but with ai_special=guardian or something like that, possible with more spawning occasionally at the corners...?
But all in all, still an incredible campaign. Great job!
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

Captain_Wrathbow wrote:...the randomized bat spawns were very annoying, especially if I had a unit that got low on health; I was afraid to move it, cause it could get surrounded by bats. And it can't heal if I can't move it to an oasis!
I would have preferred if the units were all placed on the map at start, but with ai_special=guardian or something like that, possible with more spawning occasionally at the corners...?
The key is to keep your units bunched together. if you have several high-level (2 or 3) units all together, you can pick off the bats in one turn. About the oasis: the bats seem to ONLY spawn when the LAST unit moves in your turn, or you step onto some special guarded, so move your weak units first thing. And remember, you can do whatever you want with your units until
Spoiler:
Matherton wrote:Have you tried it yet, bigkahuna?
No :whistle: ... Finishing up BMR (I know, right?). On the last scenario ( :shock: ) of the third part... I might need a day to get over the epicness (if I ever finish) until I can get back on TLU. Also, I might start on Trinity :) Thanks for the tips, though.
Check out my campaign Sweet Revenge!
Join the new R2D forum!
Twenty-four

Post by Twenty-four »

I started playing this campaign (on 1.9) and I have to admit: Brilliant! Totally brilliant! Nice story, great (and new) art, funny and interesting units, great scenarios.

Some little comments:
- I had a bug message (don't know if it was a bug, but it was a long message, look at the picture). Just thought, I tell you.
- Is it your intention that the player can have one Summons master (it's not Mehir, where I would understand it, but the first Grand Summoner that had enough XP. The other Grand Summoners can't advance to a Summons Master.)
- Mehir: Perhaps this is also as you like it, but I, as a player who is more familiar with a level 1 hero you can level up on your own, didn't really like Mehir so far. Up to now, I could do nothing special with my hero, he leveled up when the story continued, but fighting with him brought (nearly) no benefit. As a possibility if you don't want the player to decide when Mehir levels up, give Mehir some abilities he can achieve when he has enough XP or at least transport the XP from the lower level to the next (I had nearly enough XP to give Mehir +3LP when the story continued and he was leveled up.
Attachments
Chaos Turn 12.jpg
sur.nhm

Post by sur.nhm »

Twenty-four wrote:[the rest of 24's post]
- Mehir: Perhaps this is also as you like it, but I, as a player who is more familiar with a level 1 hero you can level up on your own, didn't really like Mehir so far. Up to now, I could do nothing special with my hero, he leveled up when the story continued, but fighting with him brought (nearly) no benefit. As a possibility if you don't want the player to decide when Mehir levels up, give Mehir some abilities he can achieve when he has enough XP or at least transport the XP from the lower level to the next (I had nearly enough XP to give Mehir +3LP when the story continued and he was leveled up.
Maybe something similar to Kaleh's AMLA-ish advancements (from UtBS)? What do you think, I8?
Edit: 24, what version of TLU do you have? If it isn't the latest (1.1.1) then update it and the lua errors should disappear. If not, ask I8.
I'm not really around any more, but you can find me in TvTropes.