To Lands Unknown 3.9

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: To Lands Unknown 3.0 for 1.14

Post by Konrad2 »

'Defense of Saffaros'
6th intro text:
'..., Rashti's perpetual nagging and hiss own worry...
Spoiler:
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

vultraz wrote: April 22nd, 2018, 10:18 am We'll try to get this in for 1.16, even if you're the only one using it. Your addon is such a unique and well-done work that it sucks you need to use these workaround :( I can't promise it will make it in, but we'll try.
If I was a programmer I'd implement the video playback feature myself, but I am more of an artist than a coder, nonetheless thanks for the support :) I am pretty sure the animated cutscenes would greatly enhance the core game (imagine The Rise of Wesnoth campaign or any other filled with these - it would be mind-blowing :) ). As I said, there are workarounds and I am perfectly fine with them for now. ;)

Back to the Konrad2's playthrough:
Spoiler:
Creator of Era of Magic
Creator of To Lands Unknown

Support me on Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Metamorph allows me to use less xp for leveling up an elemental. It's by no means something grand, I just wanted to mention it. (Different elements need different amounts of xp.)

EDIT:
Look at me, I have a Dimensional Gate with a hitchance of 0%. :D
TLU-Defense of Saffaros Turn 5.gz
(186.81 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
EDIT 2:
'Siege of Kharos'
I know I'm being a bit smallminded there, but I'd like to point out, that when Anthi says to send out half of their soldiers, they actually only send out 40%. Maybe a conspiracy against her? xD
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Konrad2 wrote: April 22nd, 2018, 4:58 pm Metamorph allows me to use less xp for leveling up an elemental. It's by no means something grand, I just wanted to mention it. (Different elements need different amounts of xp.)
Thanks for pointing this out. I should make this value equal for different kinds.
Konrad2 wrote: April 22nd, 2018, 4:58 pm Look at me, I have a Dimensional Gate with a hitchance of 0%
So I am not the only one with this :P I decided to improve the banish weapon special code and fix these issues. I have attached the new file to this post. It would be cool if someone tested it. The file should be placed in Era_of_Magic/utils. I tried it and there have been no errors so far.
Konrad2 wrote: April 22nd, 2018, 4:58 pm 'Siege of Kharos'
I know I'm being a bit smallminded there, but I'd like to point out, that when Anthi says to send out half of their soldiers, they actually only send out 40%. Maybe a conspiracy against her? xD
Oh come on, I though noone would notice :lol: It looks like there are some players who pay attention to such incredible details like this :P
Attachments
banish.cfg
(5.08 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
Creator of Era of Magic

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Banish is still broken. When I (try to) banish a Tharis, I create a Dimensional Gate II. Sometimes I revert a magical entinity back into such a gate.
I'm not sure if it's now broken less or worse or just different. That's why I'll continue the campaign with the 'old' banish.
Spoiler:
EDIT:
Spoiler:
EDIT 2:
Why does 37,25 belong to side 4?

EDIT 3:
Spoiler:
EDIT 4:
Wesnoth shut down while displaying 'Transition'. Disabling 'animate map' prevents it (again).
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Konrad2 wrote: April 23rd, 2018, 10:07 pm Banish is still broken.
It works for me :hmm: I'd like to to see a replay.

Abyssal Rebellion:
Spoiler:
Konrad2 wrote: April 23rd, 2018, 10:07 pm Why does 37,25 belong to side 4?
Who stands on 37,25 and which scenario?
Konrad2 wrote: April 23rd, 2018, 10:07 pm Wesnoth shut down while displaying 'Transition'. Disabling 'animate map' prevents it (again).
I'll have to replace the animhack with a fake scenery trick there too. Thanks for reporting.
Creator of Era of Magic

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Spoiler:
37,25 is a village in 'Siege of Kharos'
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

I've just seen the replay and not found anything suspicious. The banish weapon special does not transform Tharis units into dimensional gates.Could you tell me exactly when this happens (the exact turn number) and which units are involved? The banish code takes only magical units into account. The filters are untouched from the previous versions.

As for the circle being usable this is probably caused by the fact not all hexes are marked as unwalkable. I'll fix it soon. Thanks for reporting. :)
Creator of Era of Magic

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Ah. I was misunderstood. Marib has 3 Dimensional Gates II at the start of the scenario. One of them advances and whenever I used Banish (on a Tharis or a Hydra), that advanced Dimensional Gate II is transformed back into a Dimensional Gate II.

EDIT: Mehirs Summons Master AMLAs do not add to his needed xp.

EDIT 2:
Spoiler:
EDIT 3:
Spoiler:
EDIT 4: Still same scenario.
Why does the one way teleportation circle only work for units lvl 2 and above?

EDIT 5: Skydock is not winable if you don't have money...and I finished the last scenario with -1460 gold.

EDIT 6:
Spoiler:
EDIT 7:
Spoiler:
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Konrad2 wrote: April 24th, 2018, 10:50 am Ah. I was misunderstood. Marib has 3 Dimensional Gates II at the start of the scenario. One of them advances and whenever I used Banish (on a Tharis or a Hydra), that advanced Dimensional Gate II is transformed back into a Dimensional Gate II.
Now I see that :) Ok, I'll take a look at the code again.

Sky Kingdom:
Spoiler:
Konrad2 wrote: April 24th, 2018, 10:50 am Why does the one way teleportation circle only work for units lvl 2 and above?
Togheter with ForestDragon we decided it would be better to recall only veterans. The automatic recall list is sorted so the best troops come first. You can recall lvl1s and other small fish by capturing a castle.
Konrad2 wrote: April 24th, 2018, 10:50 am Skydock is not winable if you don't have money...and I finished the last scenario with -1460 gold.
Thanks for reporting. I'll fix it soon.
The ultimate circle recruitment animation lags a lot for me too, probably due to a heavy impact on the game's render engine (the entire ultimate circle animation is quite complex - this is probably the most sophisticated unit animation ever created :roll: ).
Spoiler:
Creator of Era of Magic

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Spoiler:
Attachments
TLU-Sky Kingdom-Auto-Save16.gz
I just want to show off my amazing army. :D
(346.83 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Spoiler:
Indeed your army is quite powerful - poor magi, they won't stand a chance :P And the best thing is I increased the difficulty of that scenario but it looks like it didn't stop a player like you :P Beware, the last enemy in the campaign may be a formidable foe, though.
Creator of Era of Magic

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Ums don't freeze, do they?
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Konrad2 wrote: April 24th, 2018, 2:20 pm Ums don't freeze, do they?
Only summoners suffer from low temperatures. Ums should not be affected by this.
Creator of Era of Magic

vanillared

Post by vanillared »

Hello and thank you for creating this great add-on. I am playing on my iPad Pro through the Wesnoth app and I am getting the following error when I load one of the scenarios. I ran into a similar problem before, and reloading the add-on helped but this time I am getting a complete error message. What it looks like on screen is the level loads, but there are no units anywhere on screen.

The scenario is fire canyon.
The following add-on had errors and could not be loaded:
/private/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/B977DA46-F03D-4665-A568-D2500000EA3D/Library/Application Support/wesnoth.org/iWesnoth/.wesnoth1.13/data/add-ons/To_Lands_Unknown/_main.cfg

Please report this to the author or maintainer of this add-on.

Details:

Macro/file 'PROB' is missing
at languages/da_DK.cfg:2242
included from languages/da_DK.cfg:14
included from <unknown>:18
included from ~add-ons/To_Lands_Unknown/macros/terrain_base.cfg:103
included from ~add-ons/To_Lands_Unknown/_main.cfg:75