To Lands Unknown 3.9

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

BTIsaac

Re: To Lands Unknown v2.2 - a new scenario

Post by BTIsaac »

inferno8 wrote: February 26th, 2018, 11:31 pm Hello Clarion,
The issue you have encountered is caused by the fact TLU is incompatible with the latest EoMa 3.0. But I have good news: the new version of the campaign will be ready soon. When it is released, the campaign will be fully playable again :)
I should've read this before i started playing.
Will the saves be compatible after the update, or do i have to start over?
calebblaze

Post by calebblaze »

Hey Inferno8!

I absolutely love your EoMa and TLU addons, but after the recent update for TLU, I tried playing TLU again so I could see all the cool changes. But there's a problem. When I get to the loading screen that should take me to the "Southern nations" right after I finish "East of Sud-Affar" It shows an error box with an "OK" button that says "Error while playing the game: game_error: unknown unit type: EoMa_Goblin_Rouser". When I hit the OK button, it returns me to the main menu. :| I really like to play TLU, please fix this!

EDIT: I only JUST noticed that someone else has already brought this bug to your attention. Sorry for a repeat message, just please fix this soon!
BTIsaac

Post by BTIsaac »

Read the previous posts please. It was just answered in the exact same post i replied to directly before your post.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

The micro-patch is ready - (TLU 2.2.0b)

It should fix the described issue and make TLU compatible with EoMa 3.0 ;)

Bear in mind, there is a far larger patch being developed. It will include a lot of interesting new content, so stay tuned!
Attachments
alkamija_midtier.jpg
Creator of Era of Magic
Creator of To Lands Unknown

Support me on Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
BTIsaac

Post by BTIsaac »

Guess i should've waited a day. And i already started the invincibles.
MerKaVah

Post by MerKaVah »

I'm still getting an error. unknown unit type. eoma goblin rouser. something like that. anything i can try myself that would fix this?

I just loaded my saved game. maybe i need to start a new one?
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

MerKaVah wrote: March 7th, 2018, 7:24 am I just loaded my saved game. maybe i need to start a new one?
Try to load a save without the word "autosave" in it. Try "TLU-Southern Nations.gz" or load the last autosave from the previous scenario. This should help.
Creator of Era of Magic

BTIsaac

Post by BTIsaac »

That's what I did and it's working. Now I just need to be careful not to accidentally delete it.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Re: To Lands Unknown v2.2

Post by inferno8 »

To Lands Unknown has been uploaded to BfW 1.14 server along with its dependency add-ons. This version is slightly different than the one from the stable 1.12. It includes several 1.13.x compatibility changes and minor bugfixes.

NOTE: this version is for testing purposes and may not be fully compatible with 1.13~1.14.
If you encounter any bugs, please notify me, so the patch can be delivered.

While devs work hard on the next stable release of BfW, I am preparing (together with ForestDragon) a huge TLU patch affecting almost every aspect of the campaign. The vast majority of dialogs have been rewritten, many multihex terrains have been greatly improved (some beyond comparison) and there are going to be 2 new scenarios!

TLU 3.0 will be released shortly after BfW 1.14 which should happen soon, so stay tuned, people. I am sure this will blow your minds like nothing before! :D
Creator of Era of Magic

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Is there any unit that has resistance vs 'secret' type dmg? If not, what's the point of an attack with 'secret' dmg to be 'anti-shield' as well?

EDIT:
Not exactly a bug, just some unexpected and probably unintended ai behavior in the first scenario. The last wind elementals tried to reach the left border of the map when there was no unit in attack range.
TLU-al-Kamija replay.gz
(21.75 KiB) Downloaded 220 times
EDIT 2:
Just some discrepancies regarding avaible traits.
Camel Riders can be quick, intelligent, resilient. Elite Camel Riders can be strong, quick, intelligent, resilient.
(Novice/Grand) Summoners and Summons Masters and Dispellers and Banishers can be strong, quick, intelligent, resilient. Neutral/Heavy Summoners can be strong, intelligent, resilient.
No idea how great the influence of these things are, I just want to mention that it doesn't check out.
Banishers and The Last Summoner have a lot of commas next to their abilities section.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Konrad2 wrote: March 25th, 2018, 12:41 am Is there any unit that has resistance vs 'secret' type dmg? If not, what's the point of an attack with 'secret' dmg to be 'anti-shield' as well?
the ability is simply a label to highlight the damage type. oh, and about resistances to it, the only unit resistant to secret is Guru (with a 10% resistance)
Konrad2 wrote: March 25th, 2018, 12:41 am EDIT:
Not exactly a bug, just some unexpected and probably unintended ai behavior in the first scenario. The last wind elementals tried to reach the left border of the map when there was no unit in attack range.
TLU-al-Kamija replay.gz
there will be some AI tweaks in the next version of TLU, so I'm not sure if this will be still relevant by the time the update is out. thanks anyway.
Konrad2 wrote: March 25th, 2018, 12:41 am EDIT 2:
Just some discrepancies regarding avaible traits.
Camel Riders can be quick, intelligent, resilient. Elite Camel Riders can be strong, quick, intelligent, resilient.
(Novice/Grand) Summoners and Summons Masters and Dispellers and Banishers can be strong, quick, intelligent, resilient. Neutral/Heavy Summoners can be strong, intelligent, resilient.
No idea how great the influence of these things are, I just want to mention that it doesn't check out.
Banishers and The Last Summoner have a lot of commas next to their abilities section.
I think this part belongs to the eoma thread, but thanks for the feedback.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

ForestDragon wrote: March 25th, 2018, 6:29 am
Konrad2 wrote: March 25th, 2018, 12:41 am Is there any unit that has resistance vs 'secret' type dmg? If not, what's the point of an attack with 'secret' dmg to be 'anti-shield' as well?
the ability is simply a label to highlight the damage type. oh, and about resistances to it, the only unit resistant to secret is Guru (with a 10% resistance)
So there is a unit with a 10% resistance vs 'secret' but that resistance is useless, because every secret attack also has the anti-shield property?
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Konrad2 wrote: March 25th, 2018, 6:57 am So there is a unit with a 10% resistance vs 'secret' but that resistance is useless, because every secret attack also has the anti-shield property?
no. anti-shield is a special that technically does nothing, but is added to attacks with the "secret" type to highlight the secret type (not sure if what I said makes sense).
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Your explantion does make sense. It just doesn't make sense that the guru has a resistance vs secret dmg, because it contradicts the anti-shield explanation. :/

EDIT: You have a dmg type that does the same dmg to everyone, no matter who. But there is a unit that has a resistance vs it.
Reminds me of 'the unstoppable spear and the unbreakable shield'.
Last edited by Konrad2 on March 25th, 2018, 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Konrad2 wrote: March 25th, 2018, 1:06 pm Your explantion does make sense. It just doesn't make sense that the guru has a resistance vs secret dmg, because it contradicts the anti-shield explanation. :/
Well, I guess every rule as exceptions.