To Lands Unknown 3.9

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Wayirr

Re: To Lands Unknown v2.1 - a huge update, now with movies

Post by Wayirr »

Are there plans to port to 1.13 and maybe utilize new features to make the campaign even better? Or even request features before 1.13 line is feature-frozen
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

The campaign will be ported to 1.13~1.14 soon. I ran some tests not so long ago and unfortunately TLU is completely unplayable on the development version of Battle for Wesnoth due to terrible graphical glitches and lua errors :hmm: I hope devs will do something about it - I am going to post a topic about it in the troubleshooting section soon.

By the way, I am working on the new version of the campaign. There will be a new scenario and a lot of dialogue improvements. Stay tuned! ;)
Creator of Era of Magic
Creator of To Lands Unknown

Support me on Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

That is good news :D TLU is great and it would be good to be able to play it on 1.13 (and so to come 1.14)
inferno8
Art Contributor

Re: To Lands Unknown v2.2 - a new scenario

Post by inferno8 »

To Lands Unknown 2.2. is now available!

In this version you will find a whole new scenario for you to play! It is the third and the last of 3 special training missions. In this one you will learn a lot about the Sky Kingdom - one of the factions of the world of Era of Magic.
Also, many lines of dialogue have been improved, the ending has been slightly extended, Mehir's got a new AMLA and movies now display inside a fancy frame/border:
tlu_movieborder.jpg
There is also a brand new French translation included. The German one has been updated too. Unfortunately these were made for the previous version and do not cover the new dialogues in 2.2. But in the add-on's folder translators will find a new raw translation file. I suggest to use PoEdit's translation memory to quickly 'feed' the file with old unchanged strings and then work on the new material.

Changelog:

Code: Select all

Version 2.2
- Scenarios
	* added a new training mission 'Skydock' between scenario 19 and old scenario 20 (renamed further scenarios' numbers accordingly)
	* various dialogue improvements
	> scenario 04 - Southern Nations
		* replaced one of salamanders with its yellow variant
	> scenario 05 - Fire Canyon
		* when rescuing lizards, all of them are rescued at the same time
		* the prisoners are now actual units instead of images
	> scenario 07 - Ka-Gatta
		* added glow effects to lying artifacts
		* made climibing on the sword statue smoother by adding some road tiles
	> scenario 18 - The Last Summoner
		* added fancy teleport animations for portals

- Units
	* added meditation amla for Mehir (grants +1 exp per turn when resting)
	* as a compensation, Mehir gets 80 experience points for each of the mentioned AMLAs he obtained (instead of 60)
	* Living Gate: increased max hp by 8, decreased phys. resistances by 15%, increased arcane resistances by 10%
	* True Rashti: decreased dimensional vortex attack damage to 20 (-3)

- Graphics
	* implemented special movie borders to distinguish animated cutscenes from the rest of the screen

- Music
	* added a new track for the Summoners intro

- Translations
	* added the French translation
	* updated the Polish translation
	* updated the raw translation file for translators
Enjoy! :)
Creator of Era of Magic

Limpun

A little problem...

Post by Limpun »

Hello...

I have a problem in the scenario of the Sky Kingdom: I can not move from the first isle. I see the enemy units move from their isles to me... but I can not do the same. Well... a enemy unit wich go into the circle portal that goes to the second isle... could not move to there too... (The enemy unit went to attack a unit I have in that circle)

I think thas it is not the first time of this error in this scenario. I read something about a lack some coordenates in a function. Can happen the same now?

I must to say that Ihave played the campaing several times... since I (first time) downloaded 2.1 version ...without being able go beyond that point. I have also downloaded the campaign several times. The last time I did it with the new version. (In previous versions I was able to play the campaign to the end without any problem)

I think this is a great campaign and I do not mind playing it over and over again. But I wish I could finish this scenario... and finish at the end.

Regards
ForestDragon

Re: A little problem...

Post by ForestDragon »

Limpun wrote:Hello...

I have a problem in the scenario of the Sky Kingdom: I can not move from the first isle. I see the enemy units move from their isles to me... but I can not do the same. Well... a enemy unit wich go into the circle portal that goes to the second isle... could not move to there too... (The enemy unit went to attack a unit I have in that circle)

I think thas it is not the first time of this error in this scenario. I read something about a lack some coordenates in a function. Can happen the same now?

I must to say that Ihave played the campaing several times... since I (first time) downloaded 2.1 version ...without being able go beyond that point. I have also downloaded the campaign several times. The last time I did it with the new version. (In previous versions I was able to play the campaign to the end without any problem)

I think this is a great campaign and I do not mind playing it over and over again. But I wish I could finish this scenario... and finish at the end.

Regards
you need to keep in mind that the circles of the same color are linked to eachother in a way that villages are for silver mages (you just have to select a tile on the other island when moving a unit)
Limpun

Re: A little problem...

Post by Limpun »

ForestDragon wrote:you need to keep in mind that the circles of the same color are linked to eachother in a way that villages are for silver mages (you just have to select a tile on the other island when moving a unit)
In previous versions I only have to put a unit in the circle and it was moved to the other isle automatically... I see that has changed... thanks for the information... I think I can go on playing now... :)
Limpun

Post by Limpun »

Good...

I managed to finish the campaign. I have to say that I like the changes and that they make this campaign even better that I already loved.

regards
Infiniteguardian

Post by Infiniteguardian »

Wow. That has the best graphics I have ever seen. I have played the entire campaign at least 3 times and here is what I want to ask, Can you start working on a sequel to Lands Unknown pleeease. I could help if I have some spare time this month:)
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

I am glad you like the campaign, Infiniteguardian, and thank you for your kind words. :)
Infiniteguardian wrote:Can you start working on a sequel to Lands Unknown pleeease.
It all depends on the amount of my spare time. I am quite a busy person nowadays. The good thing is the story for the prequel is almost ready. Before I start working on new stuff, I want to improve old stuff.

TLU and EoMa are going to receive tremendous graphical updates very soon. Stay tuned people! :D
Creator of Era of Magic

Infiniteguardian

Post by Infiniteguardian »

OK just message me if there's anything I need to know.
catagent101

Post by catagent101 »

A bug: the cave wall terrain defined in this campaign replaces the default cave wall terrain in the editor since it has the same id.
Clairion

Post by Clairion »

I don't quite know how i should be doing this so bear with me please.

So i ran into an issue recently while trying to play through the campaign.
I played the first few scenario's and while loading "TLU-Southern Nations" i got this error message:
Error while playing the game: game_error: unknown unit type: EoMa_Goblin_Rouser
I tried restarting my computer, removing the add-on, reinstalling the game and playing up until that scenario each time to be met with the same error.
I honestly am quite hopeless when it comes to coding and fixing stuff like this so i ask this forum if anyone has any ideas as to how to fix this.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Hello Clarion,
The issue you have encountered is caused by the fact TLU is incompatible with the latest EoMa 3.0. But I have good news: the new version of the campaign will be ready soon. When it is released, the campaign will be fully playable again :)
Creator of Era of Magic

Clairion

Post by Clairion »

Wow thanks for the extremely quick reply.
I will be patiently awaiting the next update.

I would also like to say that I really enjoy your work and I get the impression you are an awesome guy doing awesome stuff.