To Lands Unknown 3.9

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Landiss

Re: To Lands Unknown 3.0 for 1.14

Post by Landiss »

inferno8 wrote: May 28th, 2018, 2:36 pm
Landiss wrote: May 28th, 2018, 1:55 pm some maps are very difficult to read in terms of what kind of terrain is where. There is one scenario with dunes that actually has 2 different types of terrain, but it's completely not visible.
Those two terrain types are used to simulate "climbing" the dunes. If you look closely at the map, you will see the terrain map pattern matches the image. Units slow down when they want to cross a dune. Once they do it, they move faster as they are going down.
Hmm, I did notice that they are partially in line with the top of the dunes, but it wasn't clear and some hexes that seemed to look the same had different terrain types. But I'm now writing from memory, I could be wrong. What I know is I had a bit of a wtf moment when I noticed that my unit had 50% defence in one hex, but 40% in another that seemed the same.
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

inferno8 wrote: May 28th, 2018, 12:22 pm
Whiskeyjack wrote: May 26th, 2018, 12:42 pm The commented out stuff also applies to scenarios two and three it seems.
I am too busy to study all the dialogs. If you could point me to specific lines like you did with other scenarios, that would be great.
I assumed that the commented out lines were text-revisions that for whatever reason had not gone live yet. It just occurred to me, that it might be the other way round and the commented out stuff is old. In that case I missed a lot of reports, because I did not report typos that where "fixed" in the commented out lines. If you can clarify this, I will look through the files again next time, before I continue playing through the campaign - though that might take as much as a month, not much time for Wesnoth right now.

Actually, I also just realized that I didn't even mention the visuals in my last post: they truly are amazing and it's really cool to have a 3D feel to Wesnoth gameplay! Also, to echo Landiss: despite my complaints about the long enemy turns in the cave level (though that resolved itself after a couple turns of bats biting stone fists), it was actually pretty fun. The statues in the abyss and moving along the sword of one were my favorite part of the campaign so far!
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Whiskeyjack wrote: May 31st, 2018, 10:09 am I assumed that the commented out lines were text-revisions that for whatever reason had not gone live yet. It just occurred to me, that it might be the other way round and the commented out stuff is old. In that case I missed a lot of reports, because I did not report typos that where "fixed" in the commented out lines.
The commented out lines are no longer used and will be completely removed in the future.
Whiskeyjack wrote: May 31st, 2018, 10:09 am If you can clarify this, I will look through the files again next time, before I continue playing through the campaign - though that might take as much as a month, not much time for Wesnoth right now.
No problem. Take your time. We are all volunteers here. Others can also report any typos they find ;)

Btw, TLU needs custom music! If anyone knows good and free tracks (GPL or Creative Commons license only), please let me know :)
Creator of Era of Magic
Creator of To Lands Unknown

Support me on Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

Check out Vindsvept's works. They're under CC BY 4.0.
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
gwen42

Post by gwen42 »

inferno8 wrote: May 22nd, 2018, 4:56 pm I am happy it worked! :D
Heindal wrote: May 22nd, 2018, 4:39 pm Will the story of Mehir and the Summoner go on?
Yes (at least I hope so). To Lands Unknown was meant to be the first of the campaign series. If everything goes well, TLU becomes popular enough and I have enough time to work on a new material, there will be a prequel ;)
Yes, please!!! I love this campaign!
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

I just noticed that I have only a silver completion marker, even though I finished on hard. (back then on the 28th april)
pauxlo

Post by pauxlo »

Quick note: In Scenario 4 (the battle between barbarians and saurians), there are some errors about invalid markup in the messages. Looks like you have </i> where <i> is meant.

(Might be that this is an issue with the german translation, though.)

For Szenario 5 (the cave one), the setting is "no bonus for early end", as well as I'm getting about +24 gold each turn (after killing all enemies and occupying all villages. This creates an incentive for simply waiting until the last turn and hoarding gold, which is not fun.
Can-ned_Food

Post by Can-ned_Food »

I'm always reporting these silly little things, because I'm always in the map editor, making my unappreciated maps… ahem.

Anyway. Previous versions had a definition for the terrain string=Xuq. Although that has been deleted, this yet remains:

Code: Select all

##  To_Lands_Unknown/macros/terrain_base.cfg
106,108d105
< {TERRAIN_BASE_RANDOM_L    Xuq             2 cave/wall-rough}
< {WALL_TRANSITION_L        Xuq    (!,Xuq)  2 cave/wall-rough}
< 
Is it needed?
pauxlo

Post by pauxlo »

I just filed #3266 for a crash in this campaign (start of scenario Defense of Saffaros). I think this is a Wesnoth Bug, not a TLU one (as WML/Lua should not be able to crash Wesnoth), just letting you know.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Be ready for a huge TLU summer update really soon! 8) It will offer a very unusual feature, so stay tuned! You'll love it 8)
Creator of Era of Magic

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Uh. I'm not sure if I shouldn't be scared.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Re: To Lands Unknown 3.1

Post by inferno8 »

To Lands Unknown 3.1. is now available!

It offers many improved lines of dialogs, a new raw translation file for translators and something veeery unique, never seen before in any other campaign - an additional "badass" gameplay mode! This feature once enabled makes the main protagonist Mehir act quite differently throughout the campaign. This completely alters the story in many places and can surprise even the oldest TLU veterans! Of course all those alternative events and dialogs should be taken with a grain of salt :lol: But the really nice thing about this "badass" mode is that it allows you to play some missions in a different way. So I highly encourage you to try this out!

Note: You need Era of Magic 3.2 and the latest version of To Lands Unknown Resources pt.2 to play the campaign. Also, please keep in mind that the new gameplay mode may not be balanced. As always feel free to share any suggestions you have ;)

Enjoy! 8)
Creator of Era of Magic

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: To Lands Unknown 3.1 - a new gameplay mode!

Post by Konrad2 »

Highest Tiers (Badass mode)
Mehir starts with 8/5 MP (because of the Carpet last scenario)
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

That's really minor. It shouldn't affect the gameplay much. Anyway, thanks for reporting! ;)
Creator of Era of Magic

gwen42

Post by gwen42 »

I love, love, love the Badass mode so far. However, I just noticed a glitch in Ka-Gatta, in Easy mode (haven't tried Normal or Hard levels...)
Spoiler:
I'll let you know if I find anything else.

EDIT: In the same mode (Badass, Easy):
Spoiler: