The Settlers of Light (1.9.12+)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

nindnarne

Re: The Settlers of Light (1.9.2+)

Post by nindnarne »

just updated to the 1.3 version. Loading my old burning suns saves throws up "unknown unit type: ceresian spearmaster".
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

nindnarne wrote:just updated to the 1.3 version. Loading my old burning suns saves throws up "unknown unit type: ceresian spearmaster".
Yeah, they got removed. If you hand me your save file, I might be able to change all the Spearmasters into Halberdiers.
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
nindnarne

Post by nindnarne »

I think the forums have done everything it can to prevent me from sending the file. Unsupported extensions. Too large file. Can't parse in the file contents to the board.......
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

nindnarne wrote:I think the forums have done everything it can to prevent me from sending the file. Unsupported extensions. Too large file. Can't parse in the file contents to the board.......
You'll have to restart the campaign then.
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
Reepurr

Post by Reepurr »

LightFighter wrote:
nindnarne wrote:I think the forums have done everything it can to prevent me from sending the file. Unsupported extensions. Too large file. Can't parse in the file contents to the board.......
You'll have to restart the campaign then.
Or do it yourself.

First, unzip the save (you can't read a .gz) - or, if you don't compress saves, just jump to step two.
Then open it in any text editor.
Find all places where "Ceresian Spearmaster" is mentioned, and replace them with "Ceresian Halberdier" (or Halberdier, or whatever it is). Most text editors have an automatic Find+Replace All to do this.

That should work. :)
"What do you mean, "a dwarvish dragonguard with marksman is overpowered"?"

Story of a Drake Outcast | The Nonsense Era
Played HttT-Underground Channels? Thought it was rubbish? Help us develop it here!
nindnarne

Post by nindnarne »

Reepurr: I tried that. It is a little bit more complicated than that, at least as far as I could tell. Not only is there a name change but there also seems to be structural changes too.....I tried to fix it on my own, but gave up. Just restarted the campaign. Ironically enough, the next map seems to be the last map, which is only a dialogue map :) (objectives are "win: foo, lose: bar"". Guess that's a Wesnothian way of writing FUBAR.....
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

nindnarne wrote:Reepurr: I tried that. It is a little bit more complicated than that, at least as far as I could tell. Not only is there a name change but there also seems to be structural changes too.....I tried to fix it on my own, but gave up. Just restarted the campaign. Ironically enough, the next map seems to be the last map, which is only a dialogue map :) (objectives are "win: foo, lose: bar"". Guess that's a Wesnothian way of writing FUBAR.....
Bug fixed. Version 1.3.0.1 is up.
nindnarne

Post by nindnarne »

works but it has introduced a weird bug. when i recall in "in the home of the forest raiders" various troops most of them are recalled with 1/3 weapon stats.

For example:

3 lvl Great Bow has the following weapon stats:
1/3 melee
1/4 ranged

Prospero 3 lvl
1/2
1/3

Master Albalestier 3 lvl
1/4
1/3
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

nindnarne wrote:works but it has introduced a weird bug. when i recall in "in the home of the forest raiders" various troops most of them are recalled with 1/3 weapon stats.

For example:

3 lvl Great Bow has the following weapon stats:
1/3 melee
1/4 ranged

Prospero 3 lvl
1/2
1/3

Master Albalestier 3 lvl
1/4
1/3
I don't know what's causing that bug. Could you send me some screenshots?
nindnarne

Post by nindnarne »

Oddly enough I recalled a 2 lvl desert druid whom came in with the right values.

UPDATE: Tried starting that scenario again and just recall 2 lvl units, in a hope that the bug is related to 3 lvl units. Recalled two flag bearers, and one comes in with correct values while the other with 1 in damage weapon stats.....Weird.
Attachments
prospero.png
prospero.png (35.35 KiB) Viewed 4467 times
alfonso.png
alfonso.png (33.67 KiB) Viewed 4467 times
Last edited by nindnarne on February 13th, 2011, 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
huggies

Post by huggies »

hello, i am playing on 1.9.4 and i get to talk to the pointears scenario and nothing happens.
up top i get a message that states: [sound] missing required name = attribute
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

huggies wrote:hello, i am playing on 1.9.4 and i get to talk to the pointears scenario and nothing happens.
up top i get a message that states: [sound] missing required name = attribute
Thank you. Please download version 1.3.0.1 to fix this bug.
huggies

Post by huggies »

installed add on, now all my units are suffering from sun damage again i think and level 3 units are dealing 2-2 damage
nindnarne

Post by nindnarne »

huggies wrote:installed add on, now all my units are suffering from sun damage again i think and level 3 units are dealing 2-2 damage

i have two units with the sun damage symbol on but they are not suffering. seems like the scenario loads the character icons in in some funky way.

at least yours are doing 2-2, mine are doing 1-3 and so on ;-) Good to see I am not the only one suffering from this bug (sorry dude!)
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

nindnarne wrote:
huggies wrote:installed add on, now all my units are suffering from sun damage again i think and level 3 units are dealing 2-2 damage

i have two units with the sun damage symbol on but they are not suffering. seems like the scenario loads the character icons in in some funky way.

at least yours are doing 2-2, mine are doing 1-3 and so on ;-) Good to see I am not the only one suffering from this bug (sorry dude!)
New version going online with the fixed dehydration system.