Story of a Drake Outcast - 0.5.0 now out!

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

User avatar
bigkahuna
Posts: 657
Joined: September 11th, 2010, 6:24 pm
Location: In your mind.

Re: Story of a Drake Outcast, v. 0.1.5 (for 1.8+)

Post by bigkahuna » October 16th, 2010, 5:33 pm

ATTENTION:

version 0.3.0 is now available for Story of a Drake Outcast. (version 1.8 and 1.9)
Changes include a snazzy changelog which you can read so I do not have to talk about them (kidding).

Scenario 1 has been completely redone, scenario 4 has been revised, and scenarios 5 and 6 have been added.
Please comment on any bugs you encounter on either versions, and general feedback about the campaign is appreciated.
Check out my campaign Sweet Revenge!
Join the new R2D forum!

User avatar
Reepurr
Posts: 1088
Joined: August 29th, 2010, 5:38 pm

Re: Story of a Drake Outcast, v. 0.1.4 (for 1.9.1+)

Post by Reepurr » October 19th, 2010, 2:19 pm

0.4.1 has been released on 1.9, 1.8 will hopefully be updated before tomorrow.
Please, someone comment on the campaign!
"What do you mean, "a dwarvish dragonguard with marksman is overpowered"?"

Story of a Drake Outcast | The Nonsense Era
Played HttT-Underground Channels? Thought it was rubbish? Help us develop it here!

Bjartmarr
Posts: 12
Joined: September 16th, 2007, 8:31 am

Re: Story of a Drake Outcast, v. 0.1.4 (for 1.9.1+)

Post by Bjartmarr » October 23rd, 2010, 12:26 am

Okay, I just realized that this is a 1.9.1+ campaign, so this may only be a bug in my 1.8.3...

In scenario 2, when I move Advisor to the village at 12,10, an error box pops up that says,
"Error while playing the game: game_error: creating unit with empty type field"
and then the game bounces me back to the opening screen.

Thanks for the campaign.

User avatar
bigkahuna
Posts: 657
Joined: September 11th, 2010, 6:24 pm
Location: In your mind.

Re: Story of a Drake Outcast, v. 0.1.4 (for 1.9.1+)

Post by bigkahuna » October 23rd, 2010, 12:37 am

Bjartmarr wrote:In scenario 2, when I move Advisor to the village at 12,10, an error box pops up that says,
"Error while playing the game: game_error: creating unit with empty type field"
and then the game bounces me back to the opening screen.
Thanks for the feedback. If you downloaded the campaign from one of the links in this thread, than you probably do have a version error. Download from the 1.8 add-ons server.

If you did download from the 1.8 add-ons server, please tell us, because that means there's something wrong with the source code.
Check out my campaign Sweet Revenge!
Join the new R2D forum!

Matherton
Posts: 62
Joined: August 2nd, 2010, 6:01 am

Re: Story of a Drake Outcast, v. 0.1.4 (for 1.9.1+)

Post by Matherton » October 23rd, 2010, 1:14 am

Hm... this may be because I am using 1.9.0, but when I try to load your campaign, I get:

Illegal character in map: (Qxe^Bs|) ‘Qxe^Bs|’
The map could not be loaded

I will update later tonight (if available for Mac, I haven't actually checked) and try again.

User avatar
Reepurr
Posts: 1088
Joined: August 29th, 2010, 5:38 pm

Re: Story of a Drake Outcast, v. 0.1.4 (for 1.9.1+)

Post by Reepurr » October 23rd, 2010, 8:08 am

Matherton wrote:Hm... this may be because I am using 1.9.0, but when I try to load your campaign, I get:

Illegal character in map: (Qxe^Bs|) ‘Qxe^Bs|’
The map could not be loaded
Replace it with Urb and it should work fine... :hmm:
"What do you mean, "a dwarvish dragonguard with marksman is overpowered"?"

Story of a Drake Outcast | The Nonsense Era
Played HttT-Underground Channels? Thought it was rubbish? Help us develop it here!

Bjartmarr
Posts: 12
Joined: September 16th, 2007, 8:31 am

Re: Story of a Drake Outcast, v. 0.1.4 (for 1.9.1+)

Post by Bjartmarr » October 25th, 2010, 3:33 am

bigkahuna wrote:
Bjartmarr wrote:In scenario 2, when I move Advisor to the village at 12,10, an error box pops up that says,
"Error while playing the game: game_error: creating unit with empty type field"
and then the game bounces me back to the opening screen.
Thanks for the feedback. If you downloaded the campaign from one of the links in this thread, than you probably do have a version error. Download from the 1.8 add-ons server.

If you did download from the 1.8 add-ons server, please tell us, because that means there's something wrong with the source code.
I downloaded the campaign using the add-ons server: I clicked on the add-ons button, then "connect", etc.

I was able to keep the crash from occuring by doing a query replace MEDIUM with NORMAL on the .cfg file. The dwarf doesn't appear when I take the village, but at least the game doesn't crash.

But even if I move my leader to the water at the bottom of the map, the scenario doesn't end with victory.

User avatar
Reepurr
Posts: 1088
Joined: August 29th, 2010, 5:38 pm

Re: Story of a Drake Outcast, v. 0.1.4 (for 1.9.1+)

Post by Reepurr » October 25th, 2010, 10:33 am

Ohh dear.
Sounds like we have some terrain problems.

1.9 has some new terrain so that might be causing some bugs...also, this campaign has never been tested by me on anything higher than EASY level so there may be some bugs there.

You need to move a unit to the shallow water rather than the deep water; failing that, check the shallow water's terrain code is Ww (otherwise it won't work).
"What do you mean, "a dwarvish dragonguard with marksman is overpowered"?"

Story of a Drake Outcast | The Nonsense Era
Played HttT-Underground Channels? Thought it was rubbish? Help us develop it here!

Bjartmarr
Posts: 12
Joined: September 16th, 2007, 8:31 am

Re: Story of a Drake Outcast, v. 0.1.4 (for 1.9.1+)

Post by Bjartmarr » October 25th, 2010, 3:19 pm

Reepurr wrote: You need to move a unit to the shallow water rather than the deep water; failing that, check the shallow water's terrain code is Ww (otherwise it won't work).
I tried moving to both shallow and deep water.

I checked the map file, and there is plenty of Ww in there. I can't be sure that the shallow water space I am moving to is actually a Ww (as opposed to some other type of shallow water, if there are any others). But I moved to several different shallow water spaces at the bottom of the map, and it looks like the only thing down there is Ww and Wo.

User avatar
Reepurr
Posts: 1088
Joined: August 29th, 2010, 5:38 pm

Re: Story of a Drake Outcast, v. 0.1.4 (for 1.9.1+)

Post by Reepurr » November 15th, 2010, 5:04 pm

AN UPDATE AT LAST!
0.5.0 is now on the add-ons server (1.9 anyway). Great thanks to ellidell for the superb cartography.


Theoretically, there should only be balancing to do now. Any help with this would be much appreciated!
"What do you mean, "a dwarvish dragonguard with marksman is overpowered"?"

Story of a Drake Outcast | The Nonsense Era
Played HttT-Underground Channels? Thought it was rubbish? Help us develop it here!

Matherton
Posts: 62
Joined: August 2nd, 2010, 6:01 am

Re: Story of a Drake Outcast - 0.5.0 now out!

Post by Matherton » December 2nd, 2010, 7:03 am

In the scenario "Necromancers,"
Spoiler:
Otherwise, I am enjoying the campaign very much. I wish there were more recruit choices, though... but that is a small point. Thanks!

User avatar
Reepurr
Posts: 1088
Joined: August 29th, 2010, 5:38 pm

Re: Story of a Drake Outcast - 0.5.0 now out!

Post by Reepurr » December 2nd, 2010, 5:46 pm

Matherton wrote:In the scenario "Necromancers,"
Spoiler:
I've been meaning to correct that for a long time. There'll be a patch in 0.5.1 so you can't kill the gate beforehand, but until then, kill the necromancer and then free Trathel.
- And thanks for playing!
I wish there were more recruit choices, though..
Yeah, that's my biggest worry. Due to the enemy, I worry about adding clashers and burners, though...
"What do you mean, "a dwarvish dragonguard with marksman is overpowered"?"

Story of a Drake Outcast | The Nonsense Era
Played HttT-Underground Channels? Thought it was rubbish? Help us develop it here!

User avatar
Reepurr
Posts: 1088
Joined: August 29th, 2010, 5:38 pm

Re: Story of a Drake Outcast - 0.5.0 now out!

Post by Reepurr » December 9th, 2010, 7:53 pm

0.5.1 now on the 1.9 add-ons server.

1.8 development has stopped; any bug reports about 1.8 bugs will no longer be considered.

Changes made in this version:
• Various balancing stuff which I forgot.
• Level 1 Dralkath has been given his own frankenstein.
• Drake Hunter (and a quick and dirty picture for it) is now recruitable. This unit balances between a slower, a fighter and a scout.
• Dralkath needs 10 less XP to get to level 3.
"What do you mean, "a dwarvish dragonguard with marksman is overpowered"?"

Story of a Drake Outcast | The Nonsense Era
Played HttT-Underground Channels? Thought it was rubbish? Help us develop it here!

Matherton
Posts: 62
Joined: August 2nd, 2010, 6:01 am

Re: Story of a Drake Outcast - 0.5.0 now out!

Post by Matherton » December 11th, 2010, 9:22 am

Just finished your campaign. I like the drake hunter! An awesome way to spice up the recruit list... and I see the unit does impact damage, too, so it should be useful against the undead.
The sandstorm thing was an interesting complication, and I was getting settled in for a long-ish battle... and then the saurian leader popped out of his keep and I killed him in a turn. Perhaps you should have to kill the saurian leader and then get a unit to an exit point? There were a lot of tricky-looking saurians left on the map, which it would have been fairly challenging to get past. Then again, I am perhaps disproportionately intimidated by saurians...
In the last scenario, is the lich supposed to have no recruits? I see that there is a sort of chasm where the keep ought to be... but without any recruits, it is a bit of a walk, which is disappointing for the end of a campaign.
Thanks! Lots of fun!

User avatar
Reepurr
Posts: 1088
Joined: August 29th, 2010, 5:38 pm

Re: Story of a Drake Outcast - 0.5.0 now out!

Post by Reepurr » December 11th, 2010, 5:28 pm

Matherton wrote:I like the drake hunter! An awesome way to spice up the recruit list...
Thanks! My only worry is how strong the bolas could be at level 3.
Matherton wrote:The sandstorm thing was an interesting complication, and I was getting settled in for a long-ish battle... and then the saurian leader popped out of his keep and I killed him in a turn. Perhaps you should have to kill the saurian leader and then get a unit to an exit point? There were a lot of tricky-looking saurians left on the map, which it would have been fairly challenging to get past. Then again, I am perhaps disproportionately intimidated by saurians...
Yeah, having trouble with the saurian's AI.
Matherton wrote:In the last scenario, is the lich supposed to have no recruits? I see that there is a sort of chasm where the keep ought to be... but without any recruits, it is a bit of a walk, which is disappointing for the end of a campaign.
Thanks! Lots of fun!
:augh:
Well he's supposed to recruit stuff, but clearly he can't actually walk onto the chasm keep. 0.5.2 is going to be released kinda fast.
"What do you mean, "a dwarvish dragonguard with marksman is overpowered"?"

Story of a Drake Outcast | The Nonsense Era
Played HttT-Underground Channels? Thought it was rubbish? Help us develop it here!

Post Reply