1.14 SP Campaign: Trinity

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

irheh1

Re: 1.14 SP Campaign: Trinity

Post by irheh1 »

I was playing Trinity 2, and I think I found another bug. When that one elvish archer who joined the Primevals was killed in the tower, she turned into a khathon and remained under my control; some error came up about invalid coordinate [move_unti].
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

irheh1 wrote:
August 9th, 2020, 3:18 am
I was playing Trinity 2, and I think I found another bug. When that one elvish archer who joined the Primevals was killed in the tower, she turned into a khathon and remained under my control; some error came up about invalid coordinate [move_unti].
This has been a problem, I thought I'd fixed it but apparently not. I'll remove that scripted movement, it's just too problematic.

I've uploaded a 1.5.10.a just for that. It would be nice if there weren't too many more updates needed, but we'll see. Thanks.

EDIT: As far as your game goes, updating the campaign won't help, but it should be enough to just get her killed somewhere lower in the map. If not, you can post a save-file here, I might be able to fix it.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
irheh1

Post by irheh1 »

I keep trying to play the scenario "Second Chances," but every time I try I can't get past the text screen about Keldan feeling his flesh burn. Whenever I press the next arrow, the program just stops responding. I'm able to play other scenarios fine, so I don't think the problem is my computer.
Attachments
Tri2-Second Chances.gz
(83.02 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

The same thing happens to me with your save-file, it was an infinite loop that I didn't stumble across in my play-through. I'm uploading a version 1.5.10.b that fixes it. Thanks for reporting.

If you want to fix it without re-downloading, you can add a "2" to the end of scenarios2/ZA2c_Dark_Planet-IIc.cfg line 301 -> "keldan_khthon_list2"
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
irheh1

Post by irheh1 »

I just finished the campaign, and I've got to say, it was amazing. I just have a few questions and comments that have been bugging me.

1. After Haldrad defeated Dolevan and said something like "it looks like you chose the wrong side," why didn't Dolevan correct them? I never really got why Dolevan just died letting them think he was a traitor.

2. In the scenario "Bitter Truth,"
Spoiler:
, and for the rest of the campaign the unit that found it had a little picture of it on them. What does that thing do?

3. In the ending where
Spoiler:
none of the character portraits appear while they are speaking.

Thank you for designing this awesome campaign! It has been hours of fun.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Thanks for the feedback.
  1. I think I see what you mean, it's something to look into.
  2. It is something not totally implemented and needs to be either removed or completed, it fell off my radar.
  3. That didn't happen to me. My first guess was that I screwed up something in the versioning of dependencies, but the relevant portraits are contained within the campaign, so I'm not sure what happened. Was there any sort of on-screen error, or messaging in the upper left? Some Lua errors let you keep playing, but cause strange behavior.
DrakeAdventurer

Post by DrakeAdventurer »

Konrad2 wrote:
September 9th, 2019, 8:19 am
An Encounter
If you defeat side 3 before you defeat the Khthon Elvish Avenger, the scenario won't end. There are no units from side 3 that can die and trigger the event that checks how many units are left on side 3.
Aha! Thank you for explaining that. I notice no fixes mentioned in the next two pages of this thread following your post.

Guess I gotta go back and play it over.