1.16 SP Campaign: Trinity

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

doofus-01
Art Director

Re: 1.10 & 1.11 SP Campaign: Trinity

Post by doofus-01 »

1.1.5 has been uploaded to the 1.11.x server. There has been much progress with the tower scenarios near the end. While some bugs, such as the one Rein_Steep pointed out, have been fixed, there are surely many more. In particular, I'm not sure how finished the inside/outside map-switching of scenario "Tower - Upper Levels" is; I know it is not balanced, but if anyone sees a real glitch or exploit, please let me know.

Up to the end of "Upper Levels", everything should be "finished". Some scenarios may not be balanced, but there shouldn't be any broken dialogues or missing units or anything like that.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Rein_Steep

Post by Rein_Steep »

Allrighty... Im on the second flor now - there where I have to lit the fire on. I did it, killed the guardian, bet then nothing. Yep, I've tried to step on the altar.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

If you've lit the fire and can access the altar, then you can just walk out the entrance and go back outside. Maybe the dialogue needs to be revised to make it clearer.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.1.6 has been uploaded to the BfW 1.11 server. The last scenario, "Dark Planet" is half-playable, but not finished. Other scenarios should be OK bug-wise (though I could be wrong), but probably not well balanced. There is also still plenty of work to do on the art and text, please let me know if there is something that crosses the line between "unpolished" and "confusing/broken". Thanks.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.1.7 has been uploaded to the BfW 1.11.x server. The last scenario is complete, but there is still a lot of work to do and it is not balanced. This last scenario is kind of long, like something from Under the Burning Suns, so it's not easy to write or test and there may be a bug or two (or twelve), but from what I was able to test, it worked. The ending/epilogue is completely half-assed - this is very much a development release.
Battlecruiser_Venca

Post by Battlecruiser_Venca »

BUG:
Spoiler:
Attachments
Tri-Pushback.bz2
(40.59 KiB) Downloaded 201 times
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

It seems I neglected to upload the newer version of Archaic_Resources add-on. Well, I just did, to v1.0.6, so that terrain should now be defined if you update. Thanks for letting me know.
Battlecruiser_Venca

Post by Battlecruiser_Venca »

in that scenario there is burned forest, and it can be crossed like normal flat terrain (my paladin has 1 mp cost and 30% def there unlike the great oak, where he spends 3mp and has 30% def too)

is that intended?
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

I'm not sure what my intentions were with the burnt forest, it's probably been a couple of years since I wrote it, but I did specify aliasof=_bas,Ft in the config. It makes some sense to me that dead/burnt forest wouldn't be a straight alias of regular forest.

You're right though, that should be more consistent with the dead oak than it is... I'll take a note to revise that one way or the other.
akorsun

Post by akorsun »

Hi.

I have to said - brilliant campaigh! I really like watching the story unfolding from thre deifferent pints of view.
And I have a question.
In the scenario "Storming Weldyn" where exactly have I to moce Echidna to initiate Ullien-Del? I've tried to cross the water from east and go to the south, going outside th moat to the south, but still no success. May be I have to cross the southern bridge? But it seems nearly impossible at turn 7, and Echidna can't get here ealier...
And what explosion are you talking about in this thread?
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Hi akorsun,

Are you using BfW 1.10 or BfW 1.11? I don't have a working copy of the older BfW 1.10 version anymore, and this add-on has been updated a lot in the newer BfW 1.11.x version.
akorsun wrote:In the scenario "Storming Weldyn" where exactly have I to moce Echidna to initiate Ullien-Del? I've tried to cross the water from east and go to the south, going outside th moat to the south, but still no success. May be I have to cross the southern bridge? But it seems nearly impossible at turn 7, and Echidna can't get here ealier.
You're not the first person to find this problematic. I've adjusted this before, but it may need more adjustment. These are the coordinates in the config file (for the BfW 1.11 version):

x=1-28,1-30,1-35,1-37,1-38,1-39
y=10-33,10-30,10-25,10-20,10-17,10-16

I think the BfW 1.10 version is different, but I'm not sure.

I wonder if it might be more intuitive to require Echidna to get within a certain radius of Ullien-Del, rather than certain hexes on the map.
akorsun wrote:And what explosion are you talking about in this thread?
That should become clearer once you get Ullien-Del to act.
akorsun

Post by akorsun »

Thanks for your answer! I already managed to turn 24 without Ulien Dil at Normal level. But it was nearly impossible :)) Still I didn't understand coordinates. What does it mean:
x=1-28,1-30,1-35,1-37,1-38,1-39
y=10-33,10-30,10-25,10-20,10-17,10-16
1-28 - is the kind of range? Or what?
May be it will be easier just to point out the x,y of "the center" of the area?
doofus-01 wrote:Hi akorsun,
Are you using BfW 1.10 or BfW 1.11? I don't have a working copy of the older BfW 1.10 version anymore, and this add-on has been updated a lot in the newer BfW 1.11.x version.
I'm using BtW 1.10. May be I should update then. But as far as I understand old save games will not be available for this add-on then?

I wonder if it might be more intuitive to require Echidna to get within a certain radius of Ullien-Del, rather than certain hexes on the map.
Aboslutely! And that's the great ideas as it gives player a lot of different tactics how to do it. You can approach from the north, or from the shallow created by moving "stone" on the east shore. It sounds very interesting.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

akorsun wrote:1-28 - is the kind of range? Or what?
Yes, it's 1,2,3,...26,27,28, and it's paired with y=10-33, to make a rectangle-like area. The rectangles overlap. The total area isn't (necessarily) a regular shape.
akorsun wrote:I'm using BtW 1.10. May be I should update then. But as far as I understand old save games will not be available for this add-on then?
Unfortunately, yes, you would need to start over. BfW 1.11.x series is development branch, has more bugs and requires more updates than BfW 1.10, but by now it is pretty functional and doesn't have that many bugs. If single player add-ons are primarily what you play, then it might be worth upgrading. If you play multiplayer a lot, stay with BfW 1.10. because there aren't enough people using 1.11.

This campaign should still work on BfW 1.10.x though, and if it is too frustrating, you can always use debug mode (type ":debug"). Using debug too much can break the campaign though, so be selective.
akorsun

Post by akorsun »

Ok. Thanks for your hints :)
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.1.8 has been uploaded to the BfW 1.11.x server. It seems I had a lot more than twelve bugs in that last scenario. I think I've got many of them fixed, but there are still issues that I'm writing below. And the balance is still way off. But it is nevertheless playable, and possibly fun, even if you have to make use of ":debug" for now.

Known Bugs
1. Shroud data sometimes gets screwed up in some of the upper/lower map switching.
2. Village ownership is ruined after switching upper/lower maps
3. Some item images persist between upper/lower maps
4. If the truce between Haldrad and Keldan is established during Side 5's turn, the AI still has control of Side 5 until the end of turn. The AI can really screw the player with idiotic moves. This one I don't know how to fix at this time.