1.16 SP Campaign: Trinity

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

doofus-01
Art Director

Re: 1.12 SP Campaign: Trinity

Post by doofus-01 »

There was a malformed filter, I can see why you were confused... I'm not sure how that happened, but it is fixed now. Thanks for the save-file. This is a fixed version.
Tri2-Dark_Planet_(III)-Auto-Save24.gz
(566.29 KiB) Downloaded 449 times
For anyone else, this is a fixed version of that scenario:
ZA3b_Dark_Planet-IIIb.cfg
(70.58 KiB) Downloaded 414 times
I'll fix this in an update on the server, but I just need to make sure this is the only surprise.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
marat

Post by marat »

I wish a good time.

Russian translation of campaign is ready. (100%)

Warning:
Spoiler:
Attachments
wesnoth-Trinity_MO.7z
.MO
(159.34 KiB) Downloaded 379 times
wesnoth-Trinity_PO.7z
.PO
(165.54 KiB) Downloaded 395 times
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Thanks, marat. I'll integrate that into the next release.
I hadn't realized the whitespaces mattered for the translation marks.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

doofus-01 wrote:I hadn't realized the whitespaces mattered for the translation marks.
Because they normally do not. If they do for marat’s work then I’d like to hear more details, as well as the method they used to generate the .po files.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
marat

Post by marat »

These changes aren’t made for utility.
Before extracting text for translation, I bring it to form that is specified here
http://wiki.wesnoth.org/Wescamp#The_tra ... le_strings.

Experiment:
Spoiler:
:)
Last edited by marat on June 22nd, 2015, 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Your first example has no translation mark in the first place.

For the further cases problem might just as well be from different symbols for quotes ".
marat

Post by marat »

Yes, different reasons can cause problems with the translation. I chose the most obvious example of that is the most difficult to correct. Other cases may not be so critical, but to bring them all to general appearance of case just a few of mouse's clicks. Why not give everything in standard form? :)

PS. And thanks, I dont know about different quotes.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

I’m ignoring the translation mark vs. no translation mark case because that’s not what my previous post was about.
marat wrote:I chose the most obvious example of that is the most difficult to correct. Other cases may not be so critical, but to bring them all to general appearance of case just a few of mouse's clicks. Why not give everything in standard form? :)
It’s true that consistency is nice, but whether to place whitespace around the translation mark should be the campaign maintainer’s call, not the translator’s. The page you linked says nothing about it, and if you take any translated mainline campaign string and strip the mark’s whitespace like so:

name= _ "Heir to the Throne"name=_"Heir to the Throne"

It will still work. If it was translated in the first place, anyway. Also, wmlxgettext (the tool that extracts translatable strings from WML to generate .po files) doesn’t care either way.

So, again, I’m not saying it’s wrong to aim for syntax consistency; what is wrong is claiming that it doesn’t “work correctly” otherwise when it actually does (and if it didn’t it would be a very important bug in Wesnoth itself, which is why the difference matters a lot to us).
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
marat

Post by marat »

You are right. In the future, I will not lay out changes, which have form = _" =_" =_ " , only =".

There is In Trinity for BfW 1.12
massage="
Spoiler:
description="
Spoiler:
name="
Spoiler:
Last edited by marat on July 31st, 2015, 7:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Well, this was an interesting conversation. I guess we've all learned that if you don't mark a string to be translated, it won't be translated.

Possible reasons for not including the translation underscore are:
1. I forgot.
2. It's a temporary string, I plan to re-write it.
3. It's not supposed to be translated.

Looking at the list, I see examples of all three reasons. I appreciate the enthusiasm, marat, and am open to suggestions and bug reports, but please don't try to control this. Thanks.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.3.15 has been uploaded to the BfW server. I now realize I forgot to include marat's translation - I will do that next time I can, probably next week. Sorry.

The reason why I update this is that all the changes to Archaic Era Khthon Faction basically broke this campaign, but I think it is fixed in this update.
marat

Post by marat »

Translation for version 1.3.15

and

Translation for version 1.3.19
(add 13.12.2015)
Attachments
wesnoth-Trinity_1_3_19.zip
.MO+.PO for Trinity 1.3.19 (BfW 1.12)
(390.74 KiB) Downloaded 331 times
wesnoth-Trinity_1_3_15.zip
.MO+.PO for Trinity 1.3.15 (BfW 1.12)
(380.47 KiB) Downloaded 358 times
Last edited by marat on December 13th, 2015, 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Thanks, marat. I've included that now.

1.3.16 has been uploaded to BfW 1.12 server. Scenario Storming Weldyn seemed too difficult or impossible after recent Khthon changes, since it wasn't as easy to make thralls, so there was some revision. I did not get too far into Part 2, so there is probably more to be done, but at least Part 1 should be OK.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.3.17 has been uploaded to the BfW 1.12 server. There were some fixes and small revisions to Part 2. I've only gotten to the point where the tower gets knocked down, so I don't know how it's working after that. But up to that point, it should work.

Archaic Resources has also been updated to version 1.1.13. The editor tiles have been cleaned up (only matters in the map editor), and there were a couple more terrain updates that are helpful with this campaign.
xtr3m3

Post by xtr3m3 »

How do you finish the trinity finale? Both leaders will not transport unless they are last and you need 2 units to stand on the markings to make the transporter work.