1.16 SP Campaign: Trinity

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

doofus-01
Art Director

Re: 1.12 SP Campaign: Trinity

Post by doofus-01 »

1.1.20 has been uploaded to the BfW 1.12 server. There were some adjustments/improvements to the penultimate (real) scenario. I also fixed & added some animations for Bresda and Dardrus (though there is still more to do). The last scenario isn't really written, but it is started.

I'm not sure there aren't too many scenarios in Part 2, so I may get rid of some of them, or turn them into cut-scenes. If anyone reading this has any votes for which scenario needs to go, let me know.

I'm rethinking what I said about the AI-only faction in my previous post; I should just improve the unit lines that already exist.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Duncan_Shriek

Post by Duncan_Shriek »

Starting with Trinity2 right after completing Trinity1 version 1.1.20 I have these problems:

1) Dardrus is not recalled
2) Bresda is recalled as I remembered her, as level 3, type Virago, but now she is heading towards level 4 without a corresponding level 4 unit in the data files.

On wesnoth's console was one suspicious line during Trinity2 start:

error engine: could not de-serialize unit: 'game_error: creating unit with an empty type field'

wesnoth version is a fairly recent 1.13.0-dev, but that shouldn't be too far away yet from 1.12
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Duncan_Shriek wrote:Starting with Trinity2 right after completing Trinity1 version 1.1.20 I have these problems:

1) Dardrus is not recalled
2) Bresda is recalled as I remembered her, as level 3, type Virago, but now she is heading towards level 4 without a corresponding level 4 unit in the data files.

On wesnoth's console was one suspicious line during Trinity2 start:

error engine: could not de-serialize unit: 'game_error: creating unit with an empty type field'
I was afraid something like that might happen, thanks for the report.

Could you please send me a save file from the end of Trinity1, or if you don't still have any, could you send me the file from the "{userdata}/persist" folder?
Duncan_Shriek wrote:wesnoth version is a fairly recent 1.13.0-dev, but that shouldn't be too far away yet from 1.12
Probably, but I don't know what changes have been made, so it's only a guess.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
Duncan_Shriek

Post by Duncan_Shriek »

doofus-01 wrote: Could you please send me a save file from the end of Trinity1, or if you don't still have any, could you send me the file from the "{userdata}/persist" folder?
Attached a tar.bzip2
Attachments

[The extension tbz has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Thanks. I think I see what happened. I won't be able to get this fixed tonight, but I'll have a fix in the next couple of days.

If you don't mind losing your recall lists, there is a fall-back if nothing can be retrieved from the "persist" folder. You do get recall lists, they just won't be the ones you had from Part 1 (and Dardrus won't be quite the same). Just remove the Trinity.cfg file from "persist", and restart the campaign (don't use the old "Dark Heart" save file).
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.1.21 has just gone to the BfW 1.12 server. The main reason for this update is that it fixes the Part1->Part2 carryover discussed in the last few posts. I plan to have another update tomorrow, with some progress on the last scenarios, but this was important enough to get the fix out sooner rather than later.
Duncan_Shriek

Post by Duncan_Shriek »

Here comes a strange one, in my Auto-Saves of Tri2 Tower-3:
Watch the Red-Mage thrall. He is losing 6HPs/turn without reason, even into the negative HP range!
Keldan is doing nothing, yet he is not regenerating. Bannon the Khalkotaurus is regenerating only 2HPs/turn despite his regeneration ability.
There are other cases present where resting works as expected.

Started that scenario with 1.1.20, but switched to 1.1.21 before turn 10.
Attachments

[The extension tbz has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

I should have an update tomorrow that fixes this. Two problems you've exposed:

1. Mystery of the Lost Hit-Points - > I'm guessing those units fought the Mechanical Dragon. I had some great idea to have the Mech. Dragon wear down, rather than just die outright like most other units. As it was near death, it would become radioactive, effectively poisoning the units standing near it. It did work at one point (gave a little ☢ status icon, like the green skull for "poison"), but either I changed something, or the new default theme has broken it, so now it is silent and mysterious[*]. I also didn't get around to making a cure for it. It shouldn't have been accessible in that scenario. I will fix this.

2. Mechanical units shouldn't be "enthrall-able" -> They used to be mechanical, but I gave them a new race, and forgot to update the Khthon's abilities. I will fix this.

Thanks for the report and the save-files.

[*]-There is a similar thing in Bad Moon Rising - Part III for frostbite, I wonder if that still works...[/size]
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.2.0 has been sent to the server. Finally, Part2 is finished. I flew through the last scenario with debug, so I'm sure it's not balanced, and there could be some bugs caused by the player not doing exactly what I envisioned. I think that last scenario makes sense, but I'm not the best judge, so I'd be interested to hear what others think.

There are some graphics, dialogue, and unit stats that need work, so that's what I'll look at, rather than the scenario events, etc., unless I hear otherwise.

Note that Mechs will still be "enthrall-able" by the Khthon until I update Archaic Era.
Battlecruiser_Venca

Post by Battlecruiser_Venca »

some crazy things:

Dark planet III: Nemesis can push the radioactive mech only once.

In scenario where you encounter mechs for first time (you play as Keldan) I've used vector on the big mech. Keldan recalls the khthonized big mech in Dark planet I. I've put the big mech to engage fight with the one which spawns (so the Keldan's and the original are fighting each other). Then I've finished the scenario normally and in the next scenario Keldan's mech is transferred to Haldrad's side and is auto-recalled on the next scenario.
Attachments
Tri2-Dark_Planet-Automatické_uložení42.gz
(303.78 KiB) Downloaded 232 times
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Thanks for the report.
Battlecruiser_Venca wrote:Dark planet III: Nemesis can push the radioactive mech only once.
I'd tested this somewhere else, then cut & pasted, but it looks like I left out a "first_time_only=no" in the Nemesis attack event. It will be fixed in next upload.
Battlecruiser_Venca wrote:In scenario where you encounter mechs for first time (you play as Keldan) I've used vector on the big mech. Keldan recalls the khthonized big mech in Dark planet I. I've put the big mech to engage fight with the one which spawns (so the Keldan's and the original are fighting each other).
Keldan is supposed to keep his recall list, so this makes sense. It sounds like I really need to update Archaic Era sooner rather than later, so the Mechs cannot be "Khthon-ized". I will do this later today or tomorrow.
Battlecruiser_Venca wrote:Then I've finished the scenario normally and in the next scenario Keldan's mech is transferred to Haldrad's side and is auto-recalled on the next scenario.
This part makes no sense to me, but I've been seeing units showing up on recall lists in ways I don't understand, so it's not too surprising. I've been removing them explicitly each time, but finding the root cause or at least a blanket patch would be better. I have a patch that will prevent them from showing up on the player's sides at least, and that will be in the next update.
Battlecruiser_Venca

Post by Battlecruiser_Venca »

The attached savefile demonstrates that issue, where the mech is transfered from Keldan's side to Haldrad's. Will any other remaining Khthon act the same?
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Battlecruiser_Venca wrote:The attached savefile demonstrates that issue, where the mech is transfered from Keldan's side to Haldrad's.
Right, I understand what happened, but I don't understand why. I can patch up these errors as they happen, but until I figure out why it happens, it is difficult to ensure more cases don't pop up.
Battlecruiser_Venca wrote:Will any other remaining Khthon act the same?
I suspect it has more to do with being on side #5 than a Khthon, but I'm not sure.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.2.1 has been sent to the BfW 1.12 server. There are some clean-ups and graphics updates, but the most obvious changes are in the last scenario. Still some work to do, but it is complete (player can finish the campaign).

I believe the problems reported by Battlecruiser_Venca are addressed.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.2.2 has been uploaded to the BfW 1.12 server. There are some graphics updates and some adjustments to the last scenario. I hope to get a better Epilogue, but didn't get it done this time.