1.16 SP Campaign: Trinity

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

blackjack

Re: 1.10 & 1.11 SP Campaign: Trinity

Post by blackjack »

Unfortunately this savefile is also imperfect, the recall list is missing all the mages and Dardrus is underpowered.
A witty saying proves nothing.
-Voltaire
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

I think I've found a way around it, try this save-file:
Tri-Hawthryn_Pass-Auto-Save1.gz
(115.61 KiB) Downloaded 243 times
I really don't remember what my plan was with this side-restoring stuff, so this may cause problems later, but it seems to work for starting that scenario. I'll be working on this campaign again, someday soon, and will have a better grasp of what's going on here.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Thanks... this one is much better but it has one big problem: Bresda is not auto-recalled, but she is the only one on her side who can recruit. However, this is easily self-hacked.
A witty saying proves nothing.
-Voltaire
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.1.1 has been uploaded to the 1.11.x server. There are some graphics updates, but the biggest change is that the side-switching WML has been changed, so there is no more usage of persistent variables for that (I think I used them to get around some other bug, but it was 2-3 years ago and I don't remember what it was). Problems like what blackjack found should not happen anymore, I now think that persistent variables would explain the issues seen above. Hopefully removing them doesn't introduce new bugs.

If anyone finds anything, please let me know. Thanks.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.1.2 has been uploaded to the 1.11.x server. There were many minor revisions, mostly graphics and polish, but some re-balancing up to the Lake Vrug scenario was also done to reflect the changes to the khthon faction (I also think the AI might have gotten better since I last looked at this - it seemed harder than I remember). I didn't get beyond that scenario, and I didn't touch the other branch.

I'm not really thrilled with the last few scenarios of that branch, I hope to re-write them some day soon.
kotx

Post by kotx »

This is a fun campaign and the races/plotline are really interesting, thanks for writing it! I do have an issue with getting one of the missions to work though. Currently I'm playing through Trinity: High Lord and there's a bug where instead of starting with Echidna and Keldan I start with two Keldan units, one with Enthrall which disappears upon reloading. I read back a couple of pages in this thread and it looks like somebody else had the same problem before and it was fixed?

I'm a Mac user using Wesnoth 1.10.5, and the Archaic Era 1.3.17 if that helps at all. I've tried deleting and downloading the latest versions again but it doesn't seem to work right for me.
nickanc wrote:Good campaign, anyway I stopped into "High Lord" (playing with Wesnoth 1.10) because it seems not to work:
*when I start the scenario I have two Keldan and no Echidna (while a Keldan seems to have echidna features, as enthrallment), and when I save the game and reload it, the non-enthralling Keldan disappears;
*If I succeed to attack the Elf leader with the enthralling-Keldan I got the Elf leader enthralled, but the scenario doesn't finish. I suppose this enthralling-Keldan shall be named Echidna... ?
I attach a gz of the High Lord I got. Is it possible to fix this bug? If you need other files, just ask, i'll attach them. :)
Attachments
Tri-High_Lord.gz
(33.83 KiB) Downloaded 214 times
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Hi,

I haven't looked at BfW 1.10.x in a long time, but looking back at the comments, this must have something to do with leaders getting enthralled. I'd thought it was fixed, but apparently not. Did you kill Keldan in the earlier elf/khthon scenario, so he got enthralled? Maybe if you just hit him, but don't kill him, it will work OK.

I edited your save-file to get rid of the "Keldan" unit within the [leader_2] tag, so now there is just one [leader_2] and it references Echidna. I don't have BfW 1.10.x, so I didn't test this, but there's a good chance it will work.
Attachments
Tri-High_Lord.gz
(33.5 KiB) Downloaded 216 times
kotx

Post by kotx »

Oh that seems to have fixed it. I've been trying to puzzle my way through it for a couple days now and was about ready to give up. I'm pretty sure in the previous mission I'd both killed shamans with Echidna and also enthralled him as the instructions indicated but either way it looks like things are working now. Thanks for the quick reply and help.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

kotx wrote: I've been trying to puzzle my way through it for a couple days now and was about ready to give up.
I'm sorry to hear that this has been such a waste of your time, I hope not too many others have had this problem. Thanks for letting me know and for giving a coherent bug-report; it's the only way this will get fixed.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.1.3 has been uploaded to the BfW 1.11.x add-on server. I'd decided that I really didn't like the later scenarios at all, and they needed to be rewritten. So, I've started on that, and this campaign is no longer complete - not sure what to do about the fact that it is 1.x.x version... Hopefully it won't be incomplete for long.

So, it all kind of falls apart at the point where Prince Haldrad and Dardrus meet up with Nemesis and Bresda, but hopefully the scenarios up to that are improved, at least a little.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.1.4 has been uploaded to the BfW 1.11.x server. It is still far from complete, and the later scenarios aren't balanced even if they are functional and playable (I think). But it's still an improvement over the previous release, and I wouldn't mind some play-tester comments, so I'm releasing it anyway.
Rein_Steep

Post by Rein_Steep »

How can I get to the Tower? "Tower - Outside" I've tried everything... Yep, getting unit with torch infront the door too.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Rein_Steep wrote:How can I get to the Tower? "Tower - Outside" I've tried everything... Yep, getting unit with torch infront the door too.
By slaying undead, it seems. It seemed reasonable at the time I wrote it, but that doesn't make much sense does it?

I hope to have an update this weekend.
Rein_Steep

Post by Rein_Steep »

Well, I've slayed the undead before I even got to the entrence, that is the problem?
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Rein_Steep wrote:Well, I've slayed the undead before I even got to the entrence, that is the problem?
Yeah, you need some undead from both sides to be "alive" when you visit the door. Even if the idea made sense, that is a bug.