1.16 SP Campaign: Trinity

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

nickanc

Re: 1.9/1.10 SP Campaign: Trinity

Post by nickanc »

Good campaign, anyway I stopped into "High Lord" (playing with Wesnoth 1.10) because it seems not to work:
*when I start the scenario I have two Keldan and no Echidna (while a Keldan seems to have echidna features, as enthrallment), and when I save the game and reload it, the non-enthralling Keldan disappears;
*If I succeed to attack the Elf leader with the enthralling-Keldan I got the Elf leader enthralled, but the scenario doesn't finish. I suppose this enthralling-Keldan shall be named Echidna... ?
I attach a gz of the High Lord I got. Is it possible to fix this bug? If you need other files, just ask, i'll attach them. :)
Attachments
Tri-High_Lord.gz
The High Lord with two Keldan and one Echidna.
(28.44 KiB) Downloaded 285 times
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

I'll look at it, I suspect it is similar to the problem g8rfan had, it looks like I didn't update Archaic_Era afterward like I should have.

Thanks for letting me know.

EDIT: Someone PM'd me with a possibly similar problem. Try killing a shaman with Echidna before attacking Keldan in the second Khthon vs. Elfs scenario, that may be the problem. In any case, it sounds like an update is needed, I'll try to get this done within the week.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
nickanc

Post by nickanc »

doofus-01 wrote:EDIT: Someone PM'd me with a possibly similar problem. Try killing a shaman with Echidna before attacking Keldan in the second Khthon vs. Elfs scenario, that may be the problem. In any case, it sounds like an update is needed, I'll try to get this done within the week.
As far as I understand, it isn't the same problem. I did as in the replay I attached, and the result was as said before.
Attachments
Tri-Rebirth_replay.gz
Second Khton vs Elfs scenario.
(52.31 KiB) Downloaded 321 times
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Hm, yeah, that was not the problem. (Whoo boy, did you milk the endgame of that scenario for all it was worth, I almost couldn't finish watching the replay.:lol2: Something else to change next time.)
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

I've updated Archaic Era to 1.3.17, these problems with Keldan & the Khthon should now be fixed.
nickanc

Post by nickanc »

doofus-01 wrote:I've updated Archaic Era to 1.3.17, these problems with Keldan & the Khthon should now be fixed.
Indeed, now it works. :D I had to redo the campaign since last turns of Rebirth scenario. all the other scenarios seem to work (something I hadn't checked: Are all leaders needed to end scenarios, e.g. Keldan and the Nymph in Rebirth or the minister in keldan-echidna against humans, unenthrallable ...? if they are enthrallable the scenario would not finish). The Finale works, when meeting Hera it says sthg like "empty side = and no [filter_side] is deprecated, use either side=1 or [filter_side] instead" but it works fine. Four things about plot:
* A point of the plot is to me unclear: the necromancer, trying to rise undeads from Khtons, convokes Seth. Is there any "reason" because of which Seth is convoked in this way? Did the Necromancer break any sort of seal? The appearance of Seth seems to me a bit unexplained.
* The Trinity Echidna-Seth-Nemesis what was supposed to do? At the end, Echidna and Seth warn Nemesis not to die attacking Hera because they would die, but what do this trinity had to do if Nemesis fled the destruction of the floating mountain? I mean, what is the purpose of this trinity? Echidna mentioned the void, but this point remains unexplained.
*Many things come from Greek mythology (even language xD) or egyptian one. Do Khtons are part of some mythology?
*In BMR there are no moons risen, but in Trinity, Naia at the end rises. Shouldn't Trinity be called BMR4? I know BMR is huge, but IMHO nobody would disagree if we split BMR in two addons: BMR1-2-3 and BMR4 (Trinity). What do you think?
Moreover, about
doofus-01 wrote: (Whoo boy, did you milk the endgame of that scenario for all it was worth, I almost couldn't finish watching the replay.:lol2: Something else to change next time.)
Ehehehe! :lol2: That is due to a feature of Archaic Era Khtons (that Ageless ones do not have): because every time a foe dies per a Khton, you enthrall it, then Khtons grow faster than the enemy army. Imagine you enthralled two enemies: then you attack two other enemies with these ones and, after this attack, if they are alive, you attack them with Khtons and, if the enemies arent lvl4, they are likely to get enthralled. Doing this way, your army grows so fast that:
*you are allowed you to keep the enemy alive to milk experience for your Khtons (while, with other races, e.g. Ukians vs Primerals, this can be dangerous).
*you have the chance to win even if outnumbered (like in Echidna and Keldan against human armies scenario).
To avoid too much milking - theoretically one could raise the lvl4 khton in Rebirth scenario - I would suggest to put a turn limit on Rebirth scenario, lets say, like 20 turns after echidna attacks the nymph?
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

nickanc wrote: A point of the plot is to me unclear: the necromancer, trying to rise undeads from Khtons, convokes Seth. Is there any "reason" because of which Seth is convoked in this way? Did the Necromancer break any sort of seal? The appearance of Seth seems to me a bit unexplained.
Effectively, yes, a seal was broken. I thought it was explained, but maybe not as well as I think - I haven't gone through it recently enough to say. :hmm: I'll try to keep it in mind though.
nickanc wrote:The Trinity Echidna-Seth-Nemesis what was supposed to do? At the end, Echidna and Seth warn Nemesis not to die attacking Hera because they would die, but what do this trinity had to do if Nemesis fled the destruction of the floating mountain? I mean, what is the purpose of this trinity? Echidna mentioned the void, but this point remains unexplained.
It was going after the Sceptre of Fire, which the "good-guys" had taken from the engine room, and was the reason the mountain was failing. Getting the Scepter was the point of the Trinity's attack.
nickanc wrote:Many things come from Greek mythology (even language xD) or egyptian one. Do Khtons are part of some mythology?
It's been a low-priority item on my TODO list to change the Greek names. The Khthon are somewhat from Greek myths (Echidna, for example, is from Greek Myths: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echidna_%28mythology%29 ).
nickanc wrote:In BMR there are no moons risen, but in Trinity, Naia at the end rises. Shouldn't Trinity be called BMR4? I know BMR is huge, but IMHO nobody would disagree if we split BMR in two addons: BMR1-2-3 and BMR4 (Trinity). What do you think?
Trinity started out as BMR4, but I thought that was taking things a bit far. I guess it wouldn't hurt to call it Trinity (BMR4) or something, if it helps players or potential players know what they are getting into.
nickanc wrote:To avoid too much milking - theoretically one could raise the lvl4 khton in Rebirth scenario - I would suggest to put a turn limit on Rebirth scenario, lets say, like 20 turns after echidna attacks the nymph?
Yeah, something like that is probably the best way to go.

Thanks.
mkcerusky

Post by mkcerusky »

I got stuck in the Finale scenario, when I reach the last gate and Tanyche refuses to open the gate because there must be someone behind. But the whole map appears to be clear, apart from the top-left area. If I go such area I find transformed Nemesis and I get the "sei stato sconfitto" message, the italian for "you lost" or however it is in the english version of the game.
Is it a bug or there must be someone hidden so well that I can't find him?
nickanc

Post by nickanc »

mkcerusky wrote:I got stuck in the Finale scenario, when I reach the last gate and Tanyche refuses to open the gate because there must be someone behind. But the whole map appears to be clear, apart from the top-left area. If I go such area I find transformed Nemesis and I get the "sei stato sconfitto" message, the italian for "you lost" or however it is in the english version of the game.
Is it a bug or there must be someone hidden so well that I can't find him?
Last time I played it (like a week ago), it worked fine. Attach a replay, we may help you finding what was left behind.
mkcerusky

Post by mkcerusky »

Here is the Replay, can you see someone left behind?
Attachments
Tri-Finale_replay.gz
(88.24 KiB) Downloaded 429 times
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Yes, the gate in the checkered room, due west of where you had everyone standing.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.1.0 has been uploaded to the BfW 1.11.x server. This is the first 1.11.x version of this campaign. Like the other Archaic Era campaigns, this also now requires "Archaic Resources" add-on. I think it works, though there are surely bugs and obsolete WML. I will fix that as I become aware.

I have not touched the BfW 1.10.x version.
axds123

Re: 1.10 & 1.11 SP Campaign: Trinity

Post by axds123 »

I cant beat an encounter mission on trinity on 1.11 wesnoth says illegal tile in map (Ggf) 'Ggf' when finish scenario
U WOT M8
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

axds123 wrote:I cant beat an encounter mission on trinity on 1.11 wesnoth says illegal tile in map (Ggf) 'Ggf' when finish scenario
Damnit Ggf!

I've just uploaded 1.1.0.a, with that removed, it should work now.

Thanks for letting me know, axds123.

EDIT:Ugh. There were a couple more Ggf on other maps, now it should work.
axds123

Post by axds123 »

Now its working just opened save file and beat scenario
U WOT M8