1.16 SP Campaign: Trinity

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dracostar_A

Re: 1.10 & 1.11 SP Campaign: Trinity

Post by Dracostar_A »

In the scenario 'Landing', Nemesis begins poisoned, and Bresda is not present.

Is this intentional, or is it a bug?
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

That sounds like a bug. What version are you using? Do you have a save-file?
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Dracostar_A

Post by Dracostar_A »

The latest version of the campaign, on Wesnoth 1.11.7
Here is a save file of the scenario
Attachments
Tri-Landing.gz
(49.81 KiB) Downloaded 222 times
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Well, I have an idea of why Nemesis was poisoned, but I don't know where Bresda went. Mysterious. I wonder how often that happens. I've copy-pasted her data from an old save-file I had, so at least she's back in this file.
Attachments
Tri-Landing.gz
(52.69 KiB) Downloaded 224 times
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.1.9 has been uploaded to BfW 1.11.x server. It is an improvement over the last version, but it still has issues.
doofus-01 wrote:Known Bugs
1. Shroud data sometimes gets screwed up in some of the upper/lower map switching. I think this is fixed.
2. Village ownership is ruined after switching upper/lower maps I think this is fixed.
3. Some item images persist between upper/lower maps I think this is fixed.
4. If the truce between Haldrad and Keldan is established during Side 5's turn, the AI still has control of Side 5 until the end of turn. The AI can really screw the player with idiotic moves. This one I don't know how to fix at this time.
Line item #4 is fixed by making the truce trigger only if Side 1 attacks Side 5. That is a bullshwa fix, I hope to get something better eventually.

The bugs that I'm aware of now are:
1. Heals/Cures abilities don't trigger for units on the other map at the beginning of a side's turn.
2. "Side Leader" transfer hack so that the game doesn't end if the side leaders are on the other map needs some refinement. This is most visible when the gold crown overlay and spiky ellipse show up on a lot of units it shouldn't. That is silly, but it is also a real problem if some random level 1 unit dies, and causes the player to be defeated.
3. The Mechanical Dragon AI needs some work. The Mechanical Dragon can be rendered inert by surrounding it, which of course throws any balancing to hell.

There are probably other issues as well. Let me know what you find.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.1.10 has been uploaded to the BfW 1.11.x server. Of the three issues in my previous post, #1 has been fixed, #2 is fixed as well as I can figure it, and #3 is actually a Wesnoth AI bug (http://forum.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=39721).
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.1.11 has been uploaded to the BfW 1.11.x server. There were some more bugfixes to scenario Dark Planet (I'm getting really sick of that scenario). I also gave some AMLAs to most of the leading characters that should be a little more interesting that the default, though still nothing earth-shattering, so don't feel left out if you're playing this and don't want to start over.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.1.12 has been uploaded to the BfW 1.11.x server. I think I've got a better solution to the shroud update between maps for Dark Planet. I've also got what I hope is a better hack to getting around the seemingly arbitrary requirement that a player side have a "Leader" unit on the map. There were a few other minor changes, pretty much all related to Dark Planet scenario. There's still a lot of polishing to do for that scenario (I do have plans to get better graphics and dialogue) but I'm more confident that I can get the basic scenario working well by New Year's. When I do, I'll bump the version to 1.2.0.

But even before that, I'm still interested in what anyone else has found if you've played this scenario.

BTW: The AMLA changes in my previous post seem to take effect in mid-scenario saves, so no need to start over. I don't think it used to be that way, but I'm not exactly complaining.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.1.13 has been uploaded to the 1.11.x server. I can't really say there's been much improvement on the last scenario, Dark Planet. But I did split this campaign into two parts, just like campaign Bad Moon Rising (and others probably, but that's the one I'm familiar with).

The upside of this is that I might actually get this balanced & polished some day, far in the future; the campaign was just too long for that otherwise. Also, it is possible to start Part 2 without playing Part 1.

The downside is that old saves don't seem to work anymore. So, I'm not sure the carryover of units works between Part 1 & Part 2. I could write some debug/dummy scenario, but even then, I couldn't be sure the real thing was working until I go through the whole thing. If anyone actually finishes Part 1, could you drop a line on whether you could bring your recall lists and hero advancements over to the second half? Thanks.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.1.14 has been uploaded to the server (1.11.x). No progress on the last scenario, but there has been some work on most of the others in Part2, so I think it works fairly reliably up to the end of Tower - Upper Levels. I'm also updating the first post of this thread, because there is now a link to it from the in-game add-ons list.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.1.15 has been uploaded to the BfW 1.11.x server. The changes were mostly to the last few scenarios, though there were some very minor changes to the hero units as well. I nerfed the Blue Mages, and added a mini-Blue Dragon unit for melee, so I think scenario Pushback is better balanced now. Scenario Dark Planet is still a work in progress, but progress has been made, and I do believe it is winnable even though it is not really finished. Hopefully it is at least amusing.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.1.16 has been uploaded to the 1.11.x server. I've decided to scrap the large, split-level scenario design of Dark Planet and just make it into four, more conventional scenarios. The original design would have been more fun if I could have really tested and balanced it at all, but I have a day job and all that, so it was pretty impossible. Right now, only the first Dark Planet scenario is done, but the start-of-scenario save for the second one should be useable in the next update. There were also some minor graphics updates.
doofus-01
Art Director

1.12 SP Campaign: Trinity

Post by doofus-01 »

1.1.17 has been uploaded to the BfW 1.12 server (not the 1.11 server), so you'll probably need to use the new BfW 1.11.10 to use it. The Archaic_Era and Archaic_Resources, which this campaign needs, are on that server as well.

The second Dark Planet scenario is done, though it probably still needs work on the balancing front (I found it a bit too easy), especially in the battle with Seth. I'm also still working on the graphics and AI for that. The next scenario is only half-written, but the start-of-scenario save should be useable for the player to pick this up again in the next update.
doofus-01
Art Director

Re: 1.12 SP Campaign: Trinity

Post by doofus-01 »

1.1.18 has been uploaded to the BfW 1.12 server. A first pass at the penultimate scenario, Dark Planet (IIb) has been completed. It is playable, though it still needs some work. I think that's about it.
doofus-01
Art Director

Re: 1.12 SP Campaign: Trinity

Post by doofus-01 »

1.1.19 has been uploaded to the BfW 1.12 server. Some work has been done on the penultimate scenario, and a cut-scene scenario has been added. I also got some of the unit files better organize (not that means much to most people).

I'm going to make the final scenario a big old classic Wesnoth battle (no cave-crawling and few "moveto" events). Before I get that done, I'd like to get the previous scenarios cleaned up, and get a few more enemy units for the last scenario. I'd also like to get those enemies better organized and put into an (overpowered) AI playable faction for Archaic Era.