1.16 SP Campaign: Trinity

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

doofus-01
Art Director

Re: 1.12 SP Campaign: Trinity

Post by doofus-01 »

Fibon_44 wrote: March 8th, 2018, 11:08 pm Hello. I'm having problems in the "Dark Planet III" scenario as well. I sent Nemesis to the portal with the dragon and, after she left with the primevals, killed all enemy leaders, then planted the "Keldan tree" on hex 33,35, waited for the forest to spread and killed all the remaining demons. But nothing more seems to happen. A few hexes in the top part of the map stay "Large Rift" or "Small Rift" and won't get consumed by the forest. I've also skipped for quite a few turns and have also tried if I maybe had to move Haldrad or Chan to a specific place, but with no success. I'm at turn 139 now, so this seems definite. Am I supposed to do anything else? Or did I do something wrong earlier?
I'm attaching a screenshot which also includes the current scenario goals (they also didn't change after Nemesis went to the portal), do you also need a savefile? I'm a newbie and would have yet to find out where to find those.
Bildschirmfoto von »2018-03-09 00-01-21«.png
P.S.: This is my first post here, I hope I put everything in the right place. :)
P.P.S.: I'm in love with that beautiful green&purple map!
Hello Fibon_44,

The scenario should have ended when Nemesis left, after a little more dialogue. I think the issue may be the gate got blown up before you planted the Keldan tree. This is a bug, I'm not sure what the quick fix would be, it will take some thought. I'll see what I can do this weekend.

Thanks for the feed-back.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Fibon_44

Post by Fibon_44 »

doofus-01 wrote: March 9th, 2018, 4:00 am Hello Fibon_44,

The scenario should have ended when Nemesis left, after a little more dialogue. I think the issue may be the gate got blown up before you planted the Keldan tree. This is a bug, I'm not sure what the quick fix would be, it will take some thought. I'll see what I can do this weekend.

Thanks for the feed-back.
So, for the moment this did the trick for me. I found a save before I had sent Nemesis to the gate and replayed in the right order. Thanks!
Xanri

Post by Xanri »

Will Trinity be ported to 1.14.x?
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Hello Xanri,

Yes, it is my intention to get it onto the 1.14 add-on server, once I've got it all fixed and have put it through a test-run.

It's taking a while, but it should happen. Not sure when, unfortunately.

EDIT: the version on github should (mostly) work on 1.14.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Version 1.5.1 has been uploaded to the BfW 1.14 server. It should work, I've tested much of it, but haven't gotten through the whole thing yet.
Let me know if there are any issues.
Sadaharu

Re: 1.14 SP Campaign: Trinity

Post by Sadaharu »

Wow, I got to power through the version that was on BfW 1.12 only a few weeks before you uploaded it to BfW 1.14 so all my bug/typo reports will have to be redone.

So the only thing, really, is that the end of Tri1 is still called ‘Reversal-A Choice’ even if there's no choice made by the playr's faction anymore. I can get why, because whenever I played Pax Nemesis in the older versions of the game she just overran the battlefield on her own -only turn limits got in the way.
Getting her to still be a character essential to the plotline but without beign a juggernaut was a nice touch.

Still, regarding the story:
Spoiler:
On the Archaic Resources I've just updated:
Spoiler:
I do like, as you said about a year ago, how Keldan and the Khthon are better developed. There's still something missing but I'd have to poke around in a second session to be able to articulate it.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Sadaharu wrote: January 23rd, 2019, 3:11 am Wow, I got to power through the version that was on BfW 1.12 only a few weeks before you uploaded it to BfW 1.14 so all my bug/typo reports will have to be redone.
I've also got to work my way through it again. If you, or anyone, could share any start-of-scenario saves from Trinity on BfW 1.14.5 or later, it would help me move through the debugging. I think the later scenarios of the second part are still fragile (meaning they can be beaten if you do everything "just right", but it's also possible to break them without doing anything strange).
Sadaharu wrote: January 23rd, 2019, 3:11 am So the only thing, really, is that the end of Tri1 is still called ‘Reversal-A Choice’ even if there's no choice made by the playr's faction anymore.
OK, I'll rename it. For now, let's go with "A Subsumption".
Sadaharu wrote: January 23rd, 2019, 3:11 am Still, regarding the story:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Sadaharu wrote: January 23rd, 2019, 3:11 am On the Archaic Resources I've just updated:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Sadaharu wrote: January 23rd, 2019, 3:11 am I do like, as you said about a year ago, how Keldan and the Khthon are better developed. There's still something missing but I'd have to poke around in a second session to be able to articulate it.
I believe it. Fantasy stories aren't normally a passion of mine, so there is probably still room for improvement.

Thanks for the comments.
Wisanggeni

Post by Wisanggeni »

Hello, Thanks for making this SP before, i've already played BMR and like it (so i curious about the sequel)
i've played until "Rebirth" scenario and encounter error like the picture below
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

doofus-01 wrote: January 26th, 2019, 1:26 pmI've also got to work my way through it again. If you, or anyone, could share any start-of-scenario saves from Trinity on BfW 1.14.5 or later, it would help me move through the debugging. I think the later scenarios of the second part are still fragile (meaning they can be beaten if you do everything "just right", but it's also possible to break them without doing anything strange).
I actually intended to try out TotSS and then redo BMR and then Trinity, seeing as I haven't played BMR since it was on BfW 1.10 and all that… but well, it's only a matter of time.
doofus-01 wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
doofus-01 wrote:I did start a prequel, called Tales of the Setting Sun that used those. It was JRPG-ish, like BMR. I was not going to be able to finish it or get it in a satisfying state, so it's abandoned (link to the forum thread is in my signature). I thought some of the assets could be useful in either BMR or Trinity, so I put them in Archaic Resources, it's possible they shouldn't be there.
I already have it on BfW 1.10 (I have 1.10, 1.12 and 1.14 all in working order) and I've been trying to start it, but the mechanisms are a bit har to get into.
doofus-01 wrote:
Sadaharu wrote: January 23rd, 2019, 3:11 am I do like, as you said about a year ago, how Keldan and the Khthon are better developed. There's still something missing but I'd have to poke around in a second session to be able to articulate it.
I believe it. Fantasy stories aren't normally a passion of mine, so there is probably still room for improvement.

Thanks for the comments.
Technically there's *always* room for improvement, but unless you want to lose your mental and physical health I wouldn't overdo it. :)

Let's see how many months it takes to beat the series on (for the first time) one same version of BfW.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Wisanggeni wrote: January 27th, 2019, 2:50 pm Hello, Thanks for making this SP before, i've already played BMR and like it (so i curious about the sequel)
i've played until "Rebirth" scenario and encounter error like the picture below
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Hello Wisanggeni,
I don't encounter that when I test it, I suspect it has to do with one of your veteran units from the first Khthon scenario. Could you please post your start-of-scenario save-file? (Probably named Tri1-Rebirth.gz.)
----------------------------------------------
Sadaharu wrote: ...
doofus-01 wrote:I did start a prequel, called Tales of the Setting Sun that used those. It was JRPG-ish, like BMR. I was not going to be able to finish it or get it in a satisfying state, so it's abandoned (link to the forum thread is in my signature). I thought some of the assets could be useful in either BMR or Trinity, so I put them in Archaic Resources, it's possible they shouldn't be there.
I already have it on BfW 1.10 (I have 1.10, 1.12 and 1.14 all in working order) and I've been trying to start it, but the mechanisms are a bit har to get into.
Very rough and clunky, I agree. It was a precursor to the worldmap, skirmish, and equipment stuff in the more recent versions of BMR (if six to eight years is recent). BMR used to be more like Saving Elensefar, the add-on which let me realize Wesnoth could work as such a worldmap/skirmish game.
Sadaharu wrote: Let's see how many months it takes to beat the series on (for the first time) one same version of BfW.
Takes me the better part of a year, for what it's worth.
Thanks again.
Wisanggeni

Post by Wisanggeni »

This one?
Attachments
Tri1-Rebirth.gz
(25.57 KiB) Downloaded 314 times
Drattes

Post by Drattes »

Hey I’m stuch at a scenario called “An Encounter” I’ve killed every enemy but it didn’t say I won. I’ve tried searching fir elves that maybe hid in the woods but i cant find any. I think its maybe because I killed the elvish guard before those mud-like creatures. Could that be why? Its a great campaign so far and im really enjoying it so I hope i dont get stuch here and unable to continue :)
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Wisanggeni wrote: January 28th, 2019, 10:46 am This one?
Yes, thanks. I can load your file without error, and I don't see anything suspicious in the recall list. Is the error at the very start for you?
I do notice that you are using BfW 1.14.2, I'll have to check if there was some known bug in that older version. 1.14.6 should come out soon, I believe.
Drattes wrote: January 28th, 2019, 2:03 pm Hey I’m stuch at a scenario called “An Encounter” I’ve killed every enemy but it didn’t say I won. I’ve tried searching fir elves that maybe hid in the woods but i cant find any. I think its maybe because I killed the elvish guard before those mud-like creatures. Could that be why? Its a great campaign so far and im really enjoying it so I hope i dont get stuch here and unable to continue :)
The toads don't have any influence (I guess those are the mud-like creatures?). It's possible there is a bad filter somewhere. Did you get any side one unit over to the left side of the map (x < 20)? Are the allied elves still around?
Wisanggeni

Post by Wisanggeni »

doofus-01 wrote: January 29th, 2019, 4:19 am
Wisanggeni wrote: January 28th, 2019, 10:46 am This one?
Yes, thanks. I can load your file without error, and I don't see anything suspicious in the recall list. Is the error at the very start for you?
I do notice that you are using BfW 1.14.2, I'll have to check if there was some known bug in that older version. 1.14.6 should come out soon, I believe.
as you said i use BfW 1.14.2, should i use the newest version?
the error happen soon after the opening conversation diaolog at the begining of the scenario and lead to auto defeat
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Wisanggeni wrote: January 29th, 2019, 5:07 am as you said i use BfW 1.14.2, should i use the newest version?
the error happen soon after the opening conversation diaolog at the begining of the scenario and lead to auto defeat
I'm not sure it will help this case, but it might, based on this:
https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/blob ... l-engine-2