1.18 SP Campaign - Bad Moon Rising

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

doofus-01
Art Director

Re: 1.9/1.10 SP Campaign - Bad Moon Rising

Post by doofus-01 »

Hrm, that doesn't happen for me, using 1.10.0. Maybe there is a Wesnoth bug.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
aceyracy

Post by aceyracy »

I have downloaded the 1.4.4 version you just put up and started Payback again - I started from a save at the end of the previous map, will that have been enough to get any changes made to Payback? Anyway I still have the same problem, no matter how quickly I try to get down the passage, closing the side passage, I just get swamped towards the bottom and can go no futher.
I have attaced a reply so you can see.
Really enjoying your scenarios and would love to finish this one!
Attachments
BMR1-Payback_replay2.gz
Payback Replay - swarmed
(39.55 KiB) Downloaded 295 times
sur.nhm

Post by sur.nhm »

Reporting bug: I'm using BfW v1.11.0+svn (r54124) on Xubuntu 12.04, BMR 1.4.4, and when I try to load Rescue (the scenario in Korkath), I get the following message before being returned to the main menu:

Code: Select all

20120522 22:50:25 error config: Illegal tile in map: (Ggf) 'Ggf'
20120522 22:50:25 error general: The game map could not be loaded: Illegal tile in map: (Ggf) 'Ggf'
The map cannot be loaded.
I'm not really around any more, but you can find me in TvTropes.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

aceyracy wrote:I have downloaded the 1.4.4 version you just put up and started Payback again - I started from a save at the end of the previous map, will that have been enough to get any changes made to Payback? Anyway I still have the same problem, no matter how quickly I try to get down the passage, closing the side passage, I just get swamped towards the bottom and can go no futher.
I have attaced a reply so you can see.
Really enjoying your scenarios and would love to finish this one!
The changes should be included, but they were not very drastic, so they may not matter much. After watching your replay, I am finally convinced that there is just no way to recover from brief bad luck. I'll revise that scenario next time (probably this weekend).
sur.nhm wrote:Reporting bug: I'm using BfW v1.11.0+svn (r54124) on Xubuntu 12.04, BMR 1.4.4, and when I try to load Rescue (the scenario in Korkath), I get the following message before being returned to the main menu:

Code: Select all

20120522 22:50:25 error config: Illegal tile in map: (Ggf) 'Ggf'
20120522 22:50:25 error general: The game map could not be loaded: Illegal tile in map: (Ggf) 'Ggf'
The map cannot be loaded.
Thanks, I thought I'd gotten rid of all those, but apparently not. I should have grepped for it.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
Prince_Pwnly

Post by Prince_Pwnly »

Looking for how to beat the Mirror Pond mission (doing it before Mt. Tien if that is relevant). Basically, where do I put the book to "prove we're not thieves"? I've tried moving the unit carrying it over all the scenery spaces I could, but neither that nor making Huric respawn himself is doing anything. What am I missing?

And as an aside, the frost booby trap is very cruel. "Go back to the frost room, there may be something to help there!" "Sure, I can sit there to fight the statues too. First let's check that book and OhmyGodBellerosisapopsicle!" I love it :D
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

There should be an open chest nearer the entrance that you need to put the book into. Move the person carrying the book to x,y=7,18.

Looking at the code, it seems it may not work correctly if you get too far ahead of the frost - I should look into that for next update. Until then, if going there does nothing, try again the next turn.
Prince_Pwnly

Post by Prince_Pwnly »

Ah. Tried the chest first thing but it didn't work. I'm going to have to revert the save since I reached it on turn 44 :lol2:
Thanks for the help.

Edit: Heh, one turn after the "how do we prove we aren't thieves" dialogue Belleros points out the chest, it's just that I'd run out of time by then :doh:
uxnhoj123

Post by uxnhoj123 »

The mirror pond mission on hard has to be the biggest waste of time ever.

The respawning enemies I can live with, but the obscure victory conditions, the difficulty in even finding a chance to do the mission, and the fact that a paltry gold reward is all you get pissed me off so much I just stopped playing the campaign. Plus, if you do the mission right before going to cure your healer chick, the orcs chasing you corner you in the area and you're guaranteed to die unless you glitch by reorganizing your formation after each turn so the orcs don't get to move. So lame.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Tough titty, uxnhoj123.
terrafin

Post by terrafin »

in bmr3-Mount Tien I got this at the end of the mission when Nemesis (Avenging Goddess) appeared. I have wesnoth 1.10.3 and the most current addons for BMR and the other addons. this is a great campaign i just really want to finish it

Image doesn't fit on canvas
Condition 'static_ cast<int>(y)>= 0'failedatsrc\gui\auxiliary\canvas.cpp:1096 in function 'draw'. Extra development information: Image 'portraits/nemesis.png', y= -49.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

terrafin: If you delete the file "portraits/nemesis.png", it should load. That image seems to cause problems on some systems.
terrafin

Post by terrafin »

thank you for the quick response
nickanc

Post by nickanc »

I loved this campaign. Anyway I experienced some sort of "missing-raenna" bug, as said before in these pages. She never appeared in BMR2 (so, for BMR3 I had to delete previous files etc.). It seems she had to appear in the first scenario. I attach how I worked it out without Raenna (it was easy mode). Is it possible to fix the bug in order Raenna appears without doubts? At least adding her by default while starting BMR3 if she isnt in the group. Thank you! It is a great campaign. :D
Attachments
BMR2-Enough_is_Enough_replay.gz
No Raenna appearance.
(16.42 KiB) Downloaded 260 times
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

She's supposed to join you in the second scenario, Rescue, I think it's called. It's the town to the SW of the one you start in. You may have skipped that one, it may still be possible to do that. Though I've tried to fix that in the past.

Something else to look into, thanks for letting me know.
Ivir_Baggins

Post by Ivir_Baggins »

In the BMR2 scenario "The Pit", how do I stop Scarrion? It seems almost impossible.