1.18 SP Campaign - Bad Moon Rising

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Aldarisvet
Translator

Re: 1.12/1.13 SP Campaign - Bad Moon Rising

Post by Aldarisvet »

I can report that after I failed to pass the last scenaro of the Chapter I on Hard I asked in the Russian forum whether anyone was able to do it and recently on person told he did and after that I asked replays from him which he provided. Here is the link - http://forum.wesnothlife.ru/index.php?t ... 0#msg34190 .

I watched this replay. I remember fighting with much more enemies than he did. No idea if something was changed in the scenario or I was just too late with blocking passages. Actually I do not care about my skills in this case but in the overral passability of the campaign in that point that it must be tested for the UMC Pack Project. So as it is passable, that is marvellous.

I upload this replay directly here.
Attachments
BMR1-Payback_повтор26.gz
(58.15 KiB) Downloaded 240 times
facebook.com/wesnothian/ - everyday something new about Wesnoth
My campaign:A Whim of Fate, also see it's prequel Zombies:Introduction
Art thread:Mostly frankenstains
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Thanks, Aldarisvet.
Aldarisvet wrote: I remember fighting with much more enemies than he did. No idea if something was changed in the scenario or I was just too late with blocking passages.
It was necessary to get through quickly. If you got bogged down for a few turns, you had basically lost even though it wasn't immediately obvious. It fit thematically, and I wasn't too concerned because the scenario does not take much time, even if you have to replay it.

But the dissimilarity between Part 1 and Parts 2 & 3 is a little too much, and people who might like Part 2 are turned off by Part 1 (and vice versa). So I am revising Part 1, to make it more of a tutorial for Part 2 & 3.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Daniel17022002

Post by Daniel17022002 »

Finished the first chapter. I am now blocked on the second chapter at "World Map" . I entered a shop which was just behind me at the start. When I get out it gives me the "Loose" screen. Did I do something wrong or is it just a bug?
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Daniel17022002 wrote:Finished the first chapter. I am now blocked on the second chapter at "World Map" . I entered a shop which was just behind me at the start. When I get out it gives me the "Loose" screen. Did I do something wrong or is it just a bug?
That certainly sounds like a bug, one that I don't recall knowing about... What version is this you are using (add-on & BfW)?
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.9.5 has been uploaded to the BfW server.
Daniel17022002 wrote: I entered a shop which was just behind me at the start. When I get out it gives me the "Loose" screen.
This was a goofy mistake introduced a couple months ago, so should not be in BfW 1.12 version, just the development version. It is now fixed. I guess I had tested that the shop scenario worked, then moved on.

I've revised Part 1 to have the inventory system. I think it is currently too easy (on Normal), I will try to revise the last two scenarios to be more difficult.

I've tested part way through the last scenario, and it seems to work up to there, at least.
Daniel17022002

Post by Daniel17022002 »

not difficult enough?!?! :shock: WAT? I am blocked at a scenario since a week and I keep dying and it is on easy. and I am not THAT noob. Well, maybe I keep loosing because I try to keep most of my characters alive
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

You are stuck in one of the last two scenarios in Part 1?

BTW, when I said this about the shop bug:
doofus-01 wrote:This was a goofy mistake introduced a couple months ago, so should not be in BfW 1.12 version, just the development version. It is now fixed.
I should have noted that you need to start on the worldmap before entering the shop for the fix to take effect. Loading from the shop scenario will continue to make you lose.
Eagle_11

Post by Eagle_11 »

how do you pass this error to start the campaign ? If it helps im trying the version for 1.12.x and this comes up for starting part I. I thought adding the missing 0_ infront of 00_Prologue would fix it but did not help. also have spotted in _main.cfg at the #ifndef for Part II place of ZZ_error and 1_00_Intro are swapped, you must have intended to give error if player does not have the era, currently means would give error if has the era.

edit: actually, got it to function, turning into such:

Code: Select all

#ifndef ARCHAIC_ERA_INSTALLED
    first_scenario="ZZ_error"
#else
    first_scenario="00_Prologue"
#endif
Attachments
:[
:[
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Eagle_11 wrote:how do you pass this error to start the campaign ?
I have no idea, it works fine for me. The "unknown scenario" pop-up is completely useless, it should be removed if it hasn't already.
Eagle_11 wrote:lso have spotted in _main.cfg at the #ifndef for Part II place of ZZ_error and 1_00_Intro are swapped, you must have intended to give error if player does not have the era, currently means would give error if has the era.
Nope, that part is fine and has worked as intended for years. Unless the server has been corrupted.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

I've updated the BfW 1.12 version, mostly for some translatable string corrections. I didn't change very much otherwise, I hope I didn't break anything. I did at least test that all three parts loaded. Thanks to Chewan for his work proof-reading all the translatable strings (even if I didn't implement everything ... yet).

There are a significant number of changes in strings between 1.12 version and 1.13 version, but most of them are still the same. I'm going to hold off on uploading the BfW 1.13 version until after BfW 1.13.6 comes out.
Chewan

Post by Chewan »

I've updated the BfW 1.12 version (1.8.6c)
Thanks for this update – so far nothing broke !!!
There are a significant number of changes in strings between 1.12 and 1.13 version
True that. Bug experts who venture into a dev version are also rewarded with new events and more items!
Most players, certainly newcomers, rely on stable BFW 1.12 – and are deprived of some more fun.
Maybe ranking 4th among the UMC winners who will be in the Android-pack will change your mind
about including new work in BfW 1.13 only. :D
For example, those impressive columns that rise up in the temple on mount Tien – they don't exist in BMR 1.8, do they?
(see: screen-shot on page 1 of this thread)

Someday my last doubts about a few details of the story will be clarified – this campaign is excellent anyway!
The Primeval humans are fantastic artwork – I have a crush on Athanta and can hardly control myself not to support the side of the enemy whenever those 'divinely beautiful' units come into play... Thanks for all the fun!
Eagle_11 » how do you pass this error to start the campaign ?
I hope the problem could be solved in the meantime – I have started part 1 of the 1.12 versions umpteen times without any error.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.9.6 has been uploaded to the BfW 1.13 server. There were some internal changes that make it not work for earlier BfW versions, though I think old saves will still work, even though the unit stats may be a bit off. I've tried to simplify Archaic Resources, this BMR version should be compatible with the just-uploaded AR version 1.1.22 (got it? ugh...)
Chewan wrote:Maybe ranking 4th among the UMC winners who will be in the Android-pack will change your mind
about including new work in BfW 1.13 only. :D
For example, those impressive columns that rise up in the temple on mount Tien – they don't exist in BMR 1.8, do they?
I don't think they do. Time spent on BfW 1.12 version detracts from overall progress, so I will only fix reported bugs for that version, not include anything new. I doubt the Android pack is going to happen, if it is waiting for BfW 1.12.7. I don't think anyone is working on BfW 1.12 anymore.

If you are a MP player, it makes sense to stick with BfW 1.12, but if you are SP campaign player, then BfW 1.13 shouldn't be so scary.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

I tested this campaogn on wesnoth 1.13.6 and plaayed the first scenario + world map:

1) the 'unit status' dialgs has scrollbars becasuse it doesn't fit at 800x800 which is the maximum size for this dialog, you should eigher increase the maximum size or somehot reduce th size of the dialogs content.

2) the line wesnoth.set_dialog_value(string.format("<span size='x-small' color='#f1ff54'> %d g </span>", sell_list[i].cost), "the_sell_list", s_i, "item_cost") gives an error because sell_list.cost is not an integer, you have to round sell_list[i].cost to an integer before passing it to string.format

3) Not sure whether this is bug or not but the shops don't have a auto-endturn so i have to click ent_turn after every move when i'm in a shop. Actuall i think even better than auto and turn woudl be to just rest the units movements pouints after every move.

I also wonder whether there is a github repo for this addon?
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Hi gfgtdf,
gfgtdf wrote:the 'unit status' dialgs has scrollbars becasuse it doesn't fit at 800x800 which is the maximum size for this dialog, you should eigher increase the maximum size or somehot reduce th size of the dialogs content.
The current behaviour isn't ideal, but at least it is mostly consistent. My earlier attempts made scrollbars show up or not, uncontrolled. "Somehow reduce the size of the dialog's content" seemed easier said than done. I'm going to wait until the GUI2 stuff stabilizes before wasting more time on it.
gfgtdf wrote:2) the line wesnoth.set_dialog_value(string.format("<span size='x-small' color='#f1ff54'> %d g </span>", sell_list.cost), "the_sell_list", s_i, "item_cost") gives an error because sell_list.cost is not an integer, you have to round sell_list.cost to an integer before passing it to string.format
Thanks. I don't think it had an error in BfW 1.12, and I guess I forgot to test it in BfW 1.13. It's not a very useful dialog, I may get rid of it.
gfgtdf wrote:3) Not sure whether this is bug or not but the shops don't have a auto-endturn so i have to click ent_turn after every move when i'm in a shop. Actuall i think even better than auto and turn woudl be to just rest the units movements pouints after every move.
Some of them do have combat or something where moves make sense, but yeah, something like that could be done for most of them.
gfgtdf wrote:I also wonder whether there is a github repo for this addon?
No, not at this time. It used to be on the UMC-dev SVN repository, but it wasn't worth the trouble since I was the only one working on it (aside from a brief initial burst of activity by Espreon). The periodic touching (usually optipng batch runs, I think) was an annoying distraction, I don't want to deal with that again.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

doofus-01 wrote:Hi gfgtdf,
The current behaviour isn't ideal, but at least it is mostly consistent. My earlier attempts made scrollbars show up or not, uncontrolled. "Somehow reduce the size of the dialog's content" seemed easier said than done. I'm going to wait until the GUI2 stuff stabilizes before wasting more time on it.
Hmm yes if you dont want to mess with reducing the content then i reccomdn to just reduce increase the mximum window wize, it's exrtrmeley annoying that you cannot even click the 'Okay' button without scrolling the window first.
doofus-01 wrote: Thanks. I don't think it had an error in BfW 1.12, and I guess I forgot to test it in BfW 1.13. It's not a very useful dialog, I may get rid of it.
Yes this is related to the lua 5.3 update. But note that in 1.12 using non-integer number to lua function that change the gamestate (like wesnoth.sides[1].gold = 6.5) can cause OOS.
doofus-01 wrote:
No, not at this time. It used to be on the UMC-dev SVN repository, but it wasn't worth the trouble since I was the only one working on it (aside from a brief initial burst of activity by Espreon). The periodic touching (usually optipng batch runs, I think) was an annoying distraction, I don't want to deal with that again.
I don't know how exactly umcdev worked in but when you put make a github repo people can oynla push to it if you explicitly give them accress to do so. Even when you are the oynl one working on it hase multiple advantages for example you can 1) undo (revert) changes so that you don't have to keep older cold around in your files, 2) easily see what has changed since the last version so that you dont miss things in your changelog.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.