1.18 SP Campaign - Bad Moon Rising

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: 1.14 SP Campaign - Bad Moon Rising

Post by Konrad2 »

Could you perhaps take one of my save files and somehow fix Hralas abesence..?
Attachments
BMR3-World Map - West Turn 3.gz
(192.3 KiB) Downloaded 587 times
BMR3-Mount Tien.gz
(89.48 KiB) Downloaded 611 times
BMR3-Mount Tien-Auto-Save1.gz
(203.46 KiB) Downloaded 573 times
ThinkSome

Post by ThinkSome »

The orc on road missions have the same "problem" as the cavalry ones:
bmr_orc_road2.png

((dnow = $(printf "%(%s)T"))); ((dlimit = dnow + (3*60+40)*60 )); while [[ $dnow -lt $dlimit ]]; do xdotool mousemove --window "$w_id" 1850 1160; xdotool windowactivate --sync "$w_id"; xdotool click --window "$w_id" 1; sleep 0.3; xdotool mousemove --window "$w_id" 1000 600; xdotool click --window "$w_id" 1; sleep 1; ((dnow = $(printf "%(%s)T"))); done

EDIT1: doofus, what is Duval's death event doing in scenarios2/1_08_World.cfg?
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Konrad2 wrote: August 7th, 2019, 10:53 am Could you perhaps take one of my save files and somehow fix Hralas abesence..?
Not sure, but I can at least take a look.
EDIT: The "West" scenario between "Checkpoint" and the worldmap, or even the worldmap scenario save if it's the first time after Checkpoint (no skirmishes or other scenarios) would be more useful. It looks like you've got Grat, so not sure why no Hrala. By any chance, did you get her killed and there's a missing defeat event somewhere?
ThinkSome wrote: August 7th, 2019, 11:04 am The orc on road missions have the same "problem" as the cavalry ones:
They are from the same template, so it's not surprising.
ThinkSome wrote: August 7th, 2019, 11:04 am EDIT1: doofus, what is Duval's death event doing in scenarios2/1_08_World.cfg?
Probably ancient, obsolete code that just didn't cause bugs, even if it doesn't do anything useful.
doofus-01 wrote: August 5th, 2019, 12:50 am - the equipment has a weight now, which directly lowers terrain defense, and for every ten points reduces the movement by one. The precise values of this will surely need revision, but I believe the mechanics work.
The mechanics do not actually work... They do work for the short-term, but then in a new scenario, the weighted effects disappear. This distorts things pretty badly, I'll try to get it fixed this weekend.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Not sure if this error should be reported here or as a general bug, but ran into this while playing BMR Part 1, The Trial (see attached screenshot). I assume it's caused by the dimensions I had Wesnoth running at.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2019-08-11 02-01-09.png
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

mnewton1 wrote: August 11th, 2019, 6:07 am Not sure if this error should be reported here or as a general bug, but ran into this while playing BMR Part 1, The Trial (see attached screenshot). I assume it's caused by the dimensions I had Wesnoth running at.
Yes, it's related to using a small resolution. It's sort of a bug here, the [image] tag in [story][part] is bad and just shouldn't be used. I'll get rid of it in the next update. Thanks.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
tbson2005

Post by tbson2005 »

Hello doofus-01,

There is a bug with Equipment Weight over 10. My unit movement reduce 1 (permanent) each time the Wt >= 10 but it is not recover after I remove all equipment.

I looked at the code and temporary fixed it (equipment_write.lua - Line 220)

Code: Select all

if old_weight ~= temp_weight then -- MP loss only goes to -2
             --if temp_weight >= 20 then
              --   movep = -2
             --elseif temp_weight >=10 then
              --   movep = -1
             if old_weight >= 20 then
                if temp_weight < 10 then
                  movep = 2
                elseif temp_weight >= 10 and temp_weight < 20 then
                  movep = 1
                end
             elseif old_weight >=10 and temp_weight < 10 then
                 movep = 1
             end
          end
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Hi tbson2005,

Thanks for catching that. There are a few problems with what's on the server right now. I'd hoped to fix it last week, but found more bugs as I was about to upload. I hope to get an update out in the next couple days.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.11.1 has been uploaded to the BfW 1.14 server. The major changes:
- fixes the equipment weight issues (the movement and the persistence)
- color-codes the inventory list in the unit status window, so it is possible to see what the unit could possibly use (a long overdue feature)
- some new equipment items
- some work on Mirror Pond scenario; still probably possible to get screwed, but should be more intuitive. Replay attached.
Attachments
BMR3-Mirror Pond replay.gz
(130.41 KiB) Downloaded 528 times
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

doofus-01 wrote: August 10th, 2019, 11:21 am The "West" scenario between "Checkpoint" and the worldmap, or even the worldmap scenario save if it's the first time after Checkpoint (no skirmishes or other scenarios) would be more useful. It looks like you've got Grat, so not sure why no Hrala. By any chance, did you get her killed and there's a missing defeat event somewhere?
I never had Hrala. :/
Attachments
BMR3-West.gz
(77.6 KiB) Downloaded 538 times
BMR3-Checkpoint replay.gz
(116.96 KiB) Downloaded 548 times
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Konrad2 wrote: August 19th, 2019, 7:13 am I never had Hrala. :/
I see... If I swap the [unit] tags that create Hrala and Grat, your West save gives Hrala but not Grat; whichever one is created first works, the second one doesn't. So for some reason, two consecutive [unit] tags no longer work? Hard to see how this could be a bug with this add-on, but also hard to believe this hasn't caused all sorts of mainline problems if it were really an engine bug. This will take some time to work out.

EDIT: inserting two [unit] tags in HttT seems to work just fine.

EDIT2: and getting to my own version of "West" from an old "Checkpoint" save seems to work just fine as well. If no one else has this issue, I'll have to assume there is something corrupt about your save-file. Not sure what else I can do.
I'll post my Checkpoint replay though, since now I have one that should work.
Attachments
BMR3-Checkpoint replay.gz
(133.82 KiB) Downloaded 588 times
ThinkSome

Post by ThinkSome »

In ukiah, even the dogs talk:
yes_this_is_dog.png
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Strange Salvation
at the summit -> summit.

Death with Dignity
understandand -> understand and

Volcano
There is a random piece of dirt 12,40 which is unwalkable.

When Hrala or the other orc leader dies, I lose, even though only Raenas death is listed as defeat condition.
Attachments
BMR3-Volcano.gz
(90.15 KiB) Downloaded 551 times
ThinkSome

Post by ThinkSome »

Is it normal that campaign 3, after defeating valeron and the cultists, resumes at ... Gornath? Also, every turn on the world map gets me a pop-up for "this is taking too long,we should head south". This makes no sense.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Right, I forgot something.
Spoiler:

EDIT:
I noticed that some Khton units do not 'glow', they just look normal. E.g. some of the recalled 'pawns' in Vulcano and Leggon, Keldan in Trinity.

EDIT 2:
As I noticed just now, I did not upload the replay for Death with Dignity. Because, apparently, this scenario does not create a replay at the end (at least not if Belleros falls to the Khthon). Why?

EDIT 3:
Keldan is his base version, without xp/advancements during:
  • the scenario where Keldan spots the star like things while standing on Weldyns walls
  • the scenario where he observes Haldrad and Dardrus enter Elensefar
Attachments
BMR3-Death with Dignity.gz
(91.08 KiB) Downloaded 563 times
Duncan-Idaho

Post by Duncan-Idaho »

There is a bug with the 3rd part of BMR, on Mt. Tien, Hrala Gareth isn't being recalled properly, she's never recalled in.

To be more clear after checkpoint if I get on an skirmish, she pops up, if I do the sidequest of the curiosity shop, she pops up, I get to Mt.Tien, she's missing.