1.12/1.13 SP Campaign - Bad Moon Rising

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Re: 1.12/1.13 SP Campaign - Bad Moon Rising

Postby Poison » October 21st, 2017, 11:19 pm

Thank you all very much, I'll just wait a little bit and watch the threads of the campaigns for any new announcements.
Poison

Postby Zebo12345 » November 30th, 2017, 9:56 pm

So, I'm not sure if I'm missing something or if it's just not a thing.

It seems there is no way to drop items that you can't equip? Say a spearman picks up a leather collar. Well, leather collars are for dogs, so the spearman can't equip it. The issue is, you can only drop equipped items. The other items go to your inventory, where your only two options are to delete or use. Obviously, the spearman can't use the dog collar, so the only thing he can do with it is delete it. If he's smart enough to take his own helmet off and drop it on the floor, why isn't he smart enough to pull the collar out of his pocket and drop it on the floor? These spearmen need more training! :lol:

(Also, I have all the dependencies, but during the first couple scenarios of the prologue, I got a couple errors about it not finding music that was supposed to be played. Instead, music from the base game was played.)
Zebo12345

Postby doofus-01 » December 2nd, 2017, 4:30 am

Thanks for the feedback.
Zebo12345 wrote:So, I'm not sure if I'm missing something or if it's just not a thing.
Yeah, it's mostly just not a thing. I'd wanted to avoid having instant item teleportation, so I put restrictions on the (completely unrealistic) inventory box, but maybe I didn't consider all necessary cases. Is there an instance where the inability of a spearman to drop a dog-collar really mattered?

Zebo12345 wrote:(Also, I have all the dependencies, but during the first couple scenarios of the prologue, I got a couple errors about it not finding music that was supposed to be played. Instead, music from the base game was played.)
I don't get these errors, though I don't doubt there are issues. Music specification changed a lot in 1.13 vs 1.12, so there are probably broken scenario sound-tracks. Can you copy-paste the errors you are getting?
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
doofus-01
Art Contributor

Postby Zebo12345 » December 4th, 2017, 12:48 am

doofus-01 wrote:Thanks for the feedback.
Zebo12345 wrote:So, I'm not sure if I'm missing something or if it's just not a thing.
Yeah, it's mostly just not a thing. I'd wanted to avoid having instant item teleportation, so I put restrictions on the (completely unrealistic) inventory box, but maybe I didn't consider all necessary cases. Is there an instance where the inability of a spearman to drop a dog-collar really mattered?

Zebo12345 wrote:(Also, I have all the dependencies, but during the first couple scenarios of the prologue, I got a couple errors about it not finding music that was supposed to be played. Instead, music from the base game was played.)
I don't get these errors, though I don't doubt there are issues. Music specification changed a lot in 1.13 vs 1.12, so there are probably broken scenario sound-tracks. Can you copy-paste the errors you are getting?

No, the dog collar probably didn't really matter in the long run, but I did spend a good 5 minutes looking around the menu to see if I could drop it. I'll try seeing if the music still breaks for me some time. It's not a major bug. I did have an issue during the first prologue scenario where after one of the lines of dialogue I randomly lost. Replaying the scenario continued as intended without randomly losing in the middle of a conversation.

(After testing some stuff):
Okay I did the prologue again to get that error message. (I didn't know if it was possible to copy messages, so I wrote this thing out manually)

<Lua error> lua/wml-tags.lua:291: Error: Attempted to access an invalid music track.

stack traceback:
[C]: in metamethod'__newindex'
lua/wml-tags.lua:291: in local 'cmd'
lua/wml-utils.lua.145: in field 'handle_event_commands'
lua/wml.flow.lua:6: in function <lua/wml-flow.lua:5>

And I got the random defeat bug again. Happened right after Kashja shot the enthralled heavy infantryman. I remember it happened there last time for me too. No error message on that one (except I got the music error again, so I assume there's supposed to be custom defeat music)

Anyways, I don't want to just be the bearer of bad news and bugs, so here's some positive feedback too: This campaign is super well written! I haven't gotten far, but I loved the prologue. Somehow, you made me really like all those characters... Even though they were immediately zombified. I guess I won't ever be seeing them again now, but I sure wish I did. Also, it's juuuust challenging enough to stay fun, yet easy enough that even I can get through it! (I'm not the best strategist, but I do my best)
Zebo12345

Postby Pentarctagon » December 4th, 2017, 1:15 am

Zebo12345 wrote:Okay I did the prologue again to get that error message. (I didn't know if it was possible to copy messages, so I wrote this thing out manually)

Code: Select all
<Lua error> lua/wml-tags.lua:291: Error: Attempted to access an invalid music track.

stack traceback:
      [C]: in metamethod'__newindex'
      lua/wml-tags.lua:291: in local 'cmd'
      lua/wml-utils.lua.145: in field 'handle_event_commands'
      lua/wml.flow.lua:6: in function <lua/wml-flow.lua:5>

That looks like an issue which was reported here and here, and should be fixed in Wesnoth's next release.

Also, errors like that will be written to Wesnoth's error log, so you can copy them out of there.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Pentarctagon
Forum Administrator

Postby doofus-01 » December 4th, 2017, 3:51 am

Hi Zebo12345,

Thanks for following up (and manually copying the errors). As Pentarctagon says, that is a BfW core bug that should be fixed soon. I've only encountered it with the mainline default music playlist. The scenarios in this campaign often use the default playlist because the way to specify music at the scenario level (as opposed to the event-level) changed, and my old music specifications are ignored. I hope to get this cleaned up before BfW 1.14 is released.

You may have noticed in the Prologue that there are some issues with animations, I'm not sure if it's obsolete code or engine bugs, but I hope to get that under control too.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
doofus-01
Art Contributor

Previous

Return to Scenario & Campaign Development