1.18 SP Campaign - Bad Moon Rising

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

n_mouli

Re: 1.12/1.13 SP Campaign - Bad Moon Rising

Post by n_mouli »

doofus-01 wrote:Thanks, I see what happened now. I'll upload a fix when I can, probably this weekend. In the meantime, if you want to get around it, you can add this line
{BMR_INIT_LUA}
just above the first [event] tag in the file, around line 28, of the file <userdata>/data/add-ons/Bad_Moon_Rising/scenarios3/2_05_West.cfg
Yes this fixed the problem. Thanks.
Fibon_44

Post by Fibon_44 »

Hello! I come across an annoying bug in the Scenario "Hateful River" (BMR III). I'm not sure how to exactly reproduce this, but quite often the dialogue of finding Carghanna is being triggered, although I haven't found her yet. Then the scenario just ends.
Right now for example (my second time playing this version, on "easy"), I decided to head south first to get to the box with the items. I found one more unit on the way. When I place a unit on 51,29, this just triggers 3 more of my units and 6 saurians to appear. When I place the unit on 51,30 instead, it triggers my 3 units, the saurians and the Carghanna dialogue and the scenario ends.
This isn't the only spot on the map where this happens, but it was a risk on the whole southeastern part, and it seemed to depend a bit on which round and unit. To be able to play the scenario as it was probably intended, I needed a lot of saveloading and trying. :-/

Edit: I figured that in fact there were some hexes on which I shouldn't place any units, in order to not trigger the bug. I have identified (32,31), (36,30), (37,30), (51,30), (52,30), (52,31), and (53,30). There might be others and I just didn't happen to land on them.
Attachments
BMR3-Hateful_River_Aufzeichnung_abspielen.gz
(59.79 KiB) Downloaded 402 times
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

The map got shifted on this scenario at one point, I thought I fixed it, but maybe I missed some things. Or maybe I just sent fix to Gihub but not add-on server. I guess I was delinquent in uploading since n_mouli had a problem too. Hopefully I can update it tomorrow.

I'll look into this unit placement bug. Thanks.
EDIT: The replay is broken, or at least not compatible with the recent BfW 1.13.11+ version I'm using. If any other UMC mods were also used, this may break the campaign, no guarantees. I'm not saying that is what is going on here, but be aware that mods and debug can break this and I won't spend much time trying to deal with mods.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

When you visit Korkath but a world map fight takes priority over you arriving there you can't visit it 'again'. The event won't fire.
I suppose it would be the same for every other event.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Interesting. I'm a bit surprised the fights happen on a village, I'll have to look into that. Thanks.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Bad Moon Rising v 1.10.0 has been uploaded to BfW 1.14 server, I didn't bother with the 1.13 server. There was a very recent change in the BfW engine on how enter_hex events work[*] , which screws up some things, but I've at least addressed it on the world map.

I think I've fixed the issues n_mouli found.

I'm not seeing the bug that Fibon_44 found, so I can just hope it is some issue in the 1.12 version that will soon be consigned to the dustbin of history. Not saying that scenario couldn't use some revision, but I'm not seeing the bug.

I think the issue Konrad2 found is fixed.

[*]-(a little late in the cycle for that, I would think, but whatever...)
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: 1.13 SP Campaign - Bad Moon Rising

Post by Konrad2 »

The fight didn't happen on the village. But on the world map you can move more then one hex per turn, but you can be attacked while moving 3 hexes at once. Even if you are ambushed on the second hex you move over, you still move to the intended hex and then the fight starts. In my case I moved over a forest hex to arrive in the village and was ambushed in the forest but my move was still finished. (I hope that comprehensible. ._.)

EDIT: Uh...where can you download Wesnoth 1.14? It doesn't seem to be on the official site yet.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

doofus-01 wrote: March 19th, 2018, 2:59 am Bad Moon Rising v 1.10.0 has been uploaded to BfW 1.14 server, I didn't bother with the 1.13 server. There was a very recent change in the BfW engine on how enter_hex events work (a little late in the cycle for that, I would think, but whatever...)
the [cancel_action] change was in wesnoth since 24 Jul 2017
Konrad2 wrote: March 19th, 2018, 9:11 am EDIT: Uh...where can you download Wesnoth 1.14? It doesn't seem to be on the official site yet.
you can download wesnoth 1.13.12 from sourceforge
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Konrad2 wrote: March 19th, 2018, 9:11 am The fight didn't happen on the village. But on the world map you can move more then one hex per turn, but you can be attacked while moving 3 hexes at once. Even if you are ambushed on the second hex you move over, you still move to the intended hex and then the fight starts. In my case I moved over a forest hex to arrive in the village and was ambushed in the forest but my move was still finished. (I hope that comprehensible. ._.)
I get what you mean. I think that is fixed, on the worldmap. There may be other instances where it shows up though.
gfgtdf wrote: March 19th, 2018, 2:52 pm the [cancel_action] change was in wesnoth since 24 Jul 2017
It's nice that the tag has been available since last July, but the change to the enter_hex event behaviour was effective in 1.13.11, and 1.13.12 is RC1, so...

Why are you defensive, by the way? I'm the one who has to fix this campaign from this "improvement".
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: 1.14 SP Campaign - Bad Moon Rising

Post by Konrad2 »

Why do Ukian Deadeyes, Ukian Veterans and Ukian Witches have special AMLAs unlike every other Ukian unit?

EDIT:
An Orc managed to stand on lava in a skirmish.
BMR2-Skirmish-Auto-Save1.gz
(100.13 KiB) Downloaded 291 times
EDIT 2:
Equipping 'Poison Arrows' with Raenna replaces her 'marksman'. Removing that item let's her have marksman again. You can apparently only have either, but not both weapon specials.
Attachments
BMR2-Skirmish-Auto-Save2.gz
(107.7 KiB) Downloaded 329 times
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Thanks, Konrad2. I'll look into these two issues. As for the AMLAs, the answer for most Ukians is that it wouldn't make sense for units that have a higher level to advance to. For the level 3s not covered, I probably just didn't get to it, I'll have to review.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Spoiler:
cnwh

Post by cnwh »

Sorry for the trouble but I am having some trouble. The White-Tooth Peaks scenario is not triggering even though I am standing right on it. I am not sure what is going on or if I am in the right place. Over all my saves, I have landed on almost every cell in the nearby vicinity but nothing is triggering. Please help! I would love to move forward in this awesome campaign. I have really enjoyed it so far.
Screen Shot 2018-04-27 at 6.33.25 AM.png
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Konrad2 wrote: April 25th, 2018, 10:14 pm
Spoiler:
Heh, that's either a macro or sloppy copy & paste. Will be fixed. Thanks.
cnwh wrote: April 27th, 2018, 10:44 am Sorry for the trouble but I am having some trouble. The White-Tooth Peaks scenario is not triggering even though I am standing right on it. I am not sure what is going on or if I am in the right place. Over all my saves, I have landed on almost every cell in the nearby vicinity but nothing is triggering. Please help! I would love to move forward in this awesome campaign. I have really enjoyed it so far.
Hrm... I see a potential way this could have happened, though it's old code that worked last time I checked (sometime in 1.13, though not that recent). Could you post a save-file where this is happening? It'll help me debug, but I also might be able to fix the file so you don't have to back-track. Thank you.
cnwh

Post by cnwh »

Thanks so much! It looks like I'm still in v 1.12.6 (the stable version). Should I go to the development version (1.13+)? Thoughts or suggestions? Here is the save file. Thanks again!
Attachments
BMR3-World_Map_-_West-Auto-Save1.gz
(172.33 KiB) Downloaded 321 times