The Militia

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ydcl

Re: The Militia

Post by ydcl »

I mean, I can't finish the turn, after silas dialog. I'm playing, on the 'easy" mod.
Brilliand

Post by Brilliand »

I've uploaded version 1.5 of The Militia to the 1.9 add-on server. This version makes an improvement to the polymorph potion that increases the variety of things that it is possible to polymorph into.

@ydcl: Sounds like a problem, but I still don't have much of an idea what's wrong. Are you able to save a replay after the Silas dialog? If so, post that and I'll take a look at it.
You are a Dark Adept: you dimmerse yourself in the dark arts...potentially with great rewards....
-JW's personality quiz
ydcl

Post by ydcl »

Here is the save :
Attachments
Militia-The_Fair_Tour_8.gz
(69.48 KiB) Downloaded 402 times
Brilliand

Post by Brilliand »

ydcl wrote:Here is the save :
I loaded this in 1.9.3 and I'm not seeing anything wrong. I'm not willing to download 1.9.4 when I already have 1.9.3, so I'll just ask you some more questions.

-Just how frozen is the game? Do the menus work at all? Does the golden hexagon move with the mouse? Do units respond to clicks? Right clicks?
-When the freeze happens, what do the last few lines of stderr.txt (in the same folder as Wesnoth) say?
You are a Dark Adept: you dimmerse yourself in the dark arts...potentially with great rewards....
-JW's personality quiz
ydcl

Post by ydcl »

I'm using 1.9.4. At the end of the turn, the script block, and the arrow don't appear. But, I can use the menu.
Brilliand

Post by Brilliand »

ydcl wrote:I'm using 1.9.4. At the end of the turn, the script block, and the arrow don't appear. But, I can use the menu.
I suppose you mean the golden hexagon by "arrow," but I can't imagine what you mean by "script block." Well, the savegame you sent me was from the turn before Silas appeared - since you can use the menu, you should be able to save the game after it is already frozen. Try saving and reloading once it freezes, and if that unfreezes it, then you at least have a workaround. If it's still frozen, then send me the savegame and maybe I'll find something this time.
-JW's personality quiz
ydcl

Post by ydcl »

I don't get it ! I said, the turn can't over. Ang is in that turn, that Silas appears; Strange, because in 1.8 vs, everything work fine. Is that, only from my computer ?
Brilliand

Post by Brilliand »

ydcl wrote:I don't get it ! I said, the turn can't over. Ang is in that turn, that Silas appears; Strange, because in 1.8 vs, everything work fine. Is that, only from my computer ?
Doesn't it let you save during the opponent's turn?

I wouldn't be surprised to find that this is specifically a bug with 1.9.4 - but for everybody using that version.
-JW's personality quiz
ydcl

Post by ydcl »

Bloody hell ! I only have, this save and the gz file. But, I really think, this is a bug, for this version, because I tested before, and it worked fine.
gleedads

Post by gleedads »

Hey desert Shyde,

I'm playing The Militia right now and am enjoying it quite a bit. I've always liked starting from lvl 0 units.

I'm in the fairly early stages of making a campaign. See http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=27513 for info. Would you mind if I used the graphics for Elvish Citizens in my campaign?
Desert_Shyde

Post by Desert_Shyde »

gleedads wrote:Hey Desert Shyde,

I'm playing The Militia right now and am enjoying it quite a bit. I've always liked starting from lvl 0 units.

I'm in the fairly early stages of making a campaign. See http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=27513 for info. Would you mind if I used the graphics for Elvish Citizens in my campaign?
I'm glad you like it. Go ahead and use any graphics from my campaigns you want. I didn't make the Elvish Citizens, I just tweaked them.
The Militia
Merry Christmas
Journey to the North Pole
gleedads

Post by gleedads »

Who did make those graphics, so I can give credit where credit is due.

Also, for anyone who happens to be browsing this thread, does anyone know who did the graphics for:

Anakes?
Windsong?
Vampires?
Clockwork Dwarves?

I've looked around on the graphics pages and I see enough variants on them that I don't know who to give credit to.
shadowblack

Post by shadowblack »

20110630 01:08:29 error general: Duplicate terrain code definition found for ^Xp
20110630 01:08:29 error general: Failed to add terrain overlay-pit (Pit) [wesnoth-UMC-The_Militia]
20110630 01:08:29 error general: which conflicts with overlay-pit (Dark Hive) [wesnoth-UMC-After_the_Storm]
The error occurs when I open the Map Editor.
You are a Dark Adept: You immerse yourself in the dark arts... potentially with great rewards...
Brilliand

Post by Brilliand »

shadowblack wrote:
20110630 01:08:29 error general: Duplicate terrain code definition found for ^Xp
20110630 01:08:29 error general: Failed to add terrain overlay-pit (Pit) [wesnoth-UMC-The_Militia]
20110630 01:08:29 error general: which conflicts with overlay-pit (Dark Hive) [wesnoth-UMC-After_the_Storm]
The error occurs when I open the Map Editor.
Pit and Dark Hive... as I recall, they're essentially the same thing, same graphics and everything. In principle there's not much we can do to prevent this kind of thing... the existing behavior (one of the terrains simply doesn't get loaded) is probably the best we can hope for, and isn't too bad really. After all, you only need one of them to do your map editing, and the proper one will be loaded when playing the campaign.
-JW's personality quiz
Great_Mage_Atari

Post by Great_Mage_Atari »

It won't even let me start this game. Gives me an error message each time