The Militia

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Nille

Re: The Militia

Post by Nille » September 25th, 2011, 7:34 am

I just olayed through it in 1.8.6 and I had a great time. Thank you for all your work, I really loved it all, especially the humor and doable levels with only lvl 0 :)

TheScribe

Post by TheScribe » July 3rd, 2012, 2:06 pm

I'm only on the second scenario, but I just noticed that Pieter has the golden ring now, but lost the loyal trait. :?

It looks fun, incidentally.

EDIT: Same issue with the level three loyals.
Sorta on a break from the forums ATM, have been for a while. If I was doing something for/with you and I haven't recently, that's why, I will be back soon hopefully.

Desert_Shyde

Post by Desert_Shyde » March 24th, 2013, 5:28 am

I know this is a very late response. But...better late than never.
I don't know what the problem with the loyals might be, but I'll bring Brilliand's attention to it.
gleedads wrote:Who did make those graphics, so I can give credit where credit is due.
Campaign Credits wrote:With units borrowed from:
Wesband
Tale of a Mage (Made by SkeleRanger)
Dead Water (Made by Dan Gerhards [beetlenaut])
Sceptre of Life (Made by Nathanael D Schmolze [Opensourcejunkie])
The Militia
Merry Christmas
Journey to the North Pole

Desert_Shyde

Post by Desert_Shyde » April 6th, 2013, 3:10 am

The Militia has been uploaded to the 1.11 server.
The Militia
Merry Christmas
Journey to the North Pole

LurkerAbove

Post by LurkerAbove » November 5th, 2015, 2:12 am

I really like this campaign and playing on hard, and I'm on 1.10 I think, so this might not be up to date, but does anyone know why Lazarus loses another 20% of his gold following Sudden Defense when that faction isn't even in the scenario? And actually, I think there's a bug that means Lazarus doesn't even get the correct amount of gold that is announced on the screen.

Also, the original loyal boy from the first scenario, why is he no longer loyal?

EDIT: Found the issue with Pieter no longer being loyal, fixed it. Found the issue with the Lazarus team getting their gold dinged in 03_Sudden_Defense where they aren't even involved, fixed it. Reading around in the threads here I'm seeing information about abandoned campaigns and wondering how long till a campaign is considered abandoned. I'll keep playing through The Militia on Hard and see what else I notice and can easily fix. Next on the list is probably to get Pieter to auto-recall in 04_Surprise_Alliance, but I may try playing through first to see how difficult it is at this point. Possibly also turns seem 1-2 frustratingly short on Hard but I'll also have to play through on Easy and Normal to help gauge.

EDIT AGAIN: Starting to dig deeper into some of the code and finding lots of entertaining bits. I probably need to figure out how to get on the latest version...
And when you look up, they drop on you. -- Winnie the Pooh

Ostejo

Post by Ostejo » November 10th, 2016, 1:26 am

Hey I've been working on getting this maintained for newer versions.
https://github.com/Benjamin-Waters/The_Militia

If anyone wants to give it a try any feedback, testing, and contributing to wml is appreciated.