Mutiny in 1626

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Musashi01

Re: Mutiny in 1626

Post by Musashi01 »

It worked, but then, after Boswoth Manor, I got the following error:

unknown scenario: <<07c_Bosworth_Vault>>

So I'm stuck again...
markm

Post by markm »

That scenario isn't yet written. But instead of having it say scenario Not_Yet_Written not found i figured I could at least predict the correct name for the next scenario so that when it is written you will be ready to continue directly into it instead of expecting a next scenario whose name is Not_Yet_Written, which is what used to happen back when I used that metod of indicating you've reached the end of what exists so far.

I used to put a whole blurb at the start and end of scenarios trying to explain how close to the bleeding edge you were getting, but I discovered the bad side of that is sometimes I ended up with a bunch of perfectly good scenarios all in a row nicely but each one claiming to be just a placeholder and not to have a next scenario. As sometimes I'd not find and remove quite all of those types of messages.

-MarkM-
Developing Between the Worlds campaign portmanteau.
Have you eaten today?
Max

Post by Max »

would be nice if you could update the first posting in this thread with info about the latest version. when i first played it only the first scenario was finished (which i really enjoyed). since you're updating your campaign quite often it's hard to say if it's worth to start over again (after e.g. you've added new scenarios).
markm

Post by markm »

This campaign, along with all my other add-ons, has now been updated to work with (or at least to load in) Wesnoth 1.10.

Also, in the years since last I worked on this, DeVCoins have come into existence and, along with them, the Devtome, which pays in DeVCoins for posting to it; and thus I have been using Devtome to post what little documentation I have put together about the grand scheme of things, the so called Galactic Milieu.

So those who expressed an interest in the larger picture now have somewhere they can go to read wiki pages about it. :)

-MarkM-
Have you eaten today?
markm

Post by markm »

Hello again after all these years!

The planet-E29 timeline has stayed on hold all these years while work had mostly been focusing on the individual-character interfaces implemented by use of "CoffeeMUD" and by "Crossfire RPG".

It turned out that even given a no-cost entry into the Galactic Milieu via a "Crossfire RPG" server known as the CrossCiv server (because it represents a Crossfire RPG scale view onto a FreeCiv planet known as D5), to free-of-charge create characters on a designated Galactic Diplomacy Planet in order to be able to conveniently engage in diplomacy with other players potentially representing other civilisations on other Civilised Planets, getting people to actually work their way up from individual-character scale toward the FreeCiv scale was like herding cats.

The CoffeeMUD rabbithole into the Milieu aims at not trying to prevent the use of scripting / triggers in one's MUD-client but in fact at allowing players to use such scripting to in effect "CPU mine" cryptocurrencies by running Artisan characters 24/7 mining, foraging, farming, gem-digging, crafting and so on and so on in order to obtain cryptocurrencies or to build up enough characters and resources to move upward to a larger scale or both.

We are now preparing to synchronise the Martian planets M4, M5, M6 and M10 at a "current year" of 1600CE (Church of England, as the British and English like to call that calendar-notation) and proceed forward turn by turn toward 1627CE to find out whether the Martians can indeed get to E29 in time to intervene in the events chronicled in this BfW campaign.

Hopefully they will manage to get there with Warbirds (Stealth Starships) having high evenough level Stealth to keep them hidden from the Egyptians' Scanners so that even if they fail to drastically change the course of the war(s) they might at least manage to spirit a few Heroes, or even some Units or even some units specifically of Settlers (enough peope per Settler unit to settle somewhere as a city of 10,000 population, a FreeCiv size one city).

So the prospects for the continuation of this campaign are looking up, which in turn probably means it is getting to be time to look into getting it updated to work with whatever the latest version of BfW now is.

When last I frequented these forums, there was talk of an upcoming version supporting the use of remote databases to implement persistent worlds in BfW. I am wondering how that has been going so if I find time (ha, pretty busy these days) I will probably explore these forums not just to check out the threads about my campaigns but also to assess any continuing possibilities of being able use BfW not merely to chronicle the past but also to actually advance the timelines of various persistent worlds.

-MarkM- ("knotwork"; Digitalis Data Services.)
Have you eaten today?