Ice Age Fun and Japhel's Journey

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Mountain_King
Translator

Re: Ice Age Fun and Japhel's Journey

Post by Mountain_King » August 18th, 2013, 11:57 pm

It lives again!!! (not the thread). I finally took my computer to a shop yesterday to try and recover a bit of my data, and lo and behold, it started back up again! Finding my old Wesnoth files, I was able to locate and correct the bugs mentioned previously and uploaded new versions of both IAF (to the 1.10 server) and JJ (to the 1.11 server). I'm still not sure that this means I'll have the time and energy (or that my computer will continue to function properly after this for very long) to finish and polish them up, but at least now they aren't bugging out and I can get them to start.

Regards,
Mountain_King
Projects: Ice Age Fun, Japhel's Journey (same link), Shameless Crossover Excuse (Maintainer), and Age of Dinosaurs!
Is cothabhálach an aistriúcháin Gaeilge mé.
EXTERMINATE!!!!

lynx

Post by lynx » November 4th, 2013, 10:39 pm

There's a Ggf tile bug in Belly of the beast too. I had to stop there. Checking the files, the tile is used in:
add-ons/The_Ice_Age/maps/09_confrontation.map
add-ons/The_Ice_Age/maps/01_Mammoth_Hunt.map
add-ons/The_Ice_Age/maps/20_Search_for_the_Portal.map
add-ons/The_Ice_Age/maps/09_The_Confrontation
So WTF?No Belly there and (as Search for the portal) I had no problems with the mammoth hunt. Anyway, changing them to Gg allowed me to continue.

Awen and sylvan spirit cause wml warnings.

So far so good. It's odd that not all advancements are normally available, but I guess it could be solved with a bit more storywise justification. Why no bandit-types until the third city (yet you get a loyal member in the first scenario)? The same with white-mage types and later "arcanists" (would be better to just enable recruitment of level 2 units).

Cashcam24

Post by Cashcam24 » October 20th, 2014, 1:59 am

The first scenario mammoth hunt is pissing me off so much but only because everytime I attack or am attacked by a saber tooth the game crashes

Radh

Post by Radh » October 31st, 2014, 9:31 pm

I'm currently playing the first scenario on Normal, and why is the mammoth able to summon an unlimited number of sabers and wolves? Does it ever stop?

DukeSwampy

Post by DukeSwampy » September 21st, 2019, 5:59 pm

First of all, if Mountain_King still take care of this topic, I hope this campaign will not found a new bug of the latest version (on wesnoth 1.14).

I already downloaded this campaign (Ice Age Fun), but not now to play. So I will try it sometime.

Is there anybody found a new bug of Ice Age Fun?
"Nobody but ask."
I have started to play BfW since late year 2008 and also, I have completed and mastered most campaign LotI as four times.