Ice Age Fun and Japhel's Journey

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mountain_King
Translator

Ice Age Fun and Japhel's Journey

Post by Mountain_King »

This board is for feedback on the new add-on for 1.6, (EDIT: and 1.8) The Ice Age (or Ice Age Fun). The basic storyline runs like this:
Spoiler:
The units are all well-accustomed to moving in snow, and generally wear clothing made from mammoth skins. This gives them extra protection from most attacks, especially cold-based attacks. Living in the far north has made them accustomed to living in endless nights, as well as the midnight sun, i.e., neutral. Any ideas, suggestions, etc., would be welcome. Thanks all!
Sincerely,
Mountain King

EDIT again!!! The campaign has gained a 1.10 version and a beta 1.11 version since last time! Yay! :)
Last edited by Mountain_King on September 5th, 2012, 3:37 am, edited 5 times in total.
Projects: Ice Age Fun, Japhel's Journey (same link), Shameless Crossover Excuse (Maintainer), and Age of Dinosaurs!
Is cothabhálach an aistriúcháin Gaeilge mé.
EXTERMINATE!!!!
monochromatic

Re: The Ice Age/Ice Age Fun

Post by monochromatic »

Why are you still using 1.6? Upgrade to 1.8!
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

elvish_sovereign wrote:Why are you still using 1.6? Upgrade to 1.8!
Some people don't have a sufficient internet connection, or (like myself) they have a usage limit, which is bad when you're trying to download a nearly 300mb application.

@Mountain_King: However, I would advise you to upgrade to 1.8, since 1.6 is now obsolete and the majority of users will now be moving to 1.8, the new stable version.
"I'm never wrong. One time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
Mountain_King
Translator

Post by Mountain_King »

I'm still using 1.6 cause when I started making the campaign the new version was 1.7.5 (i.e. unstable). I plan on upgrading to 1.8 after I get the basic scenarios and storyline put together. That way I can upgrade the whole thing at once. You like the story line?
Projects: Ice Age Fun, Japhel's Journey (same link), Shameless Crossover Excuse (Maintainer), and Age of Dinosaurs!
EXTERMINATE!!!!
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

Isn't a better idea to upgrade what you have and then just add more?
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
Mountain_King
Translator

Post by Mountain_King »

Okay, I give. I have 1.8 now and am going to start converting coding in the next couple of days. Would it work if I uploaded it now without changing anything?
EXTERMINATE!!!!
Alarantalara
Art Contributor

Post by Alarantalara »

Sadly, no. This thread details the changes that you have to make before it can be playable. There's a link to wmllint in that thread as well, which should make the changes for you.
Mountain_King
Translator

Post by Mountain_King »

Hooray! Campaign is now an add-on for 1.8! Now everyone can play it, and let me know what you think about the scenarios, story, units, etc. Thanks for telling me upgrade, I can do a lot more on 1.8 than 1.6. :)
EXTERMINATE!!!!
monochromatic

Post by monochromatic »

Mountain_King, you might want to look at this.
ydcl

Post by ydcl »

Sorry, but in the "Fox and Geese" scenario, I reach the leader keep, I try to kill him, but nothing happen. Maybe I'm wrong, if there is a special thing to do, can somebody help please ?
Thanks
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

In the 3rd scenario, you mention the name "Snaga", which happens to belong to the cute, cuddly LotR character below:
You should probably change that name, to avoid any possible legal complications.
zaladore

Post by zaladore »

This campaign really needs a 1.8 version.
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

It has one.
monochromatic

Post by monochromatic »

zaladore, please stop spamming threads with useless information like above. I thought shadowmaster warned you already?
Mountain_King
Translator

Post by Mountain_King »

ydcl wrote:Sorry, but in the "Fox and Geese" scenario, I reach the leader keep, I try to kill him, but nothing happen. Maybe I'm wrong, if there is a special thing to do, can somebody help please ?
Thanks
You'll need to go to the hex labeled, "Snaga's Keep". Then you can sit back and watch the fun! Put sound on for that scenario when you reach the keep though. It enhances it. I will have to place a "go here" icon though to make sure nobody else has the same problem.

@artisticdude: The name doesn't directly belong to the character mentioned above. It more can be applied to lotr orcs in general, as Tolkien says in Appendix F that Snaga is Black Speech for "slave". I thought it seemed a fitting description in light of the whole campaign IMHO. I don't think that individual words in elvish are copyrighted, so black speech shouldn't be either. Thanks.

EDIT MUCH LATER: Besides, this isn't just Snaga, this is KING SNAGA!
Last edited by Mountain_King on November 10th, 2010, 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
EXTERMINATE!!!!