How many people play Flight to Freedom?

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

User avatar
turin
Lord of the East
Posts: 11662
Joined: January 11th, 2004, 7:17 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by turin »

MadMax wrote:okay, six people play my campaign?

It doesn't seem like it's very good. Any suggestions?
From what i've seen, many people (me included) don't play your campaign because they don't like drakes. Nothing you can do about that, since it is a drake campaign.

Such is the price you pay for making a campaign for an unpopular race.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Dacyn
Posts: 1855
Joined: May 1st, 2004, 9:34 am
Location: Texas

Post by Dacyn »

MadMax wrote:okay, six people play my campaign?
You should redo this poll and include more options to find out why. Some people may never have heard of it...
Mkgego
Posts: 436
Joined: April 15th, 2004, 10:26 pm
Location: Madrid , Spain , Europe

Post by Mkgego »

Well I dont care about the Drakes fraction at all...the only thing is that it is very unbalanced... (fraction against others)


I dont like but I also dont hate your campaing.It is just a campaign :D ! I think if someone wants to have fun he/she can play your campaign without any problems...its fun but sometimes a little poor(meaning plot)
We shouldnt forget that this campaing is the best campaing about drakes (it is the only one :( )
WoW C-Mode activated...
For the horde :D
MadMax
Posts: 1792
Joined: June 6th, 2004, 3:29 pm
Location: Weldyn, Wesnoth

Post by MadMax »

so why not make a Wose campaign?

But okay, I'll redo the poll.
"ILLEGITIMIS NON CARBORUNDUM"

Father of Flight to Freedom
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/FlightToFreedom
User avatar
turin
Lord of the East
Posts: 11662
Joined: January 11th, 2004, 7:17 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by turin »

MadMax wrote:so why not make a Wose campaign?

But okay, I'll redo the poll.
sure. If you want to be fired from the Wesnothian army. :)

(i noticed your occupation)
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Aethirry

Post by Aethirry »

The poll question is worded in a way that can only depress MadMax.
The query misses anyone who plays it but doesn't read the forums.
Per comments, there are votes "no" from folks who commented rather a lot in the play-testing forum, or who have played it through once or so. This is stiatistically silly, since if you've played it once, you've played it = yes. Also void of statisticaly relevance as it doesn't relate to folks who'll play any campaign through once and then look for something else, or pull up another random map and have at...


Just found the campaign a week or so ago.

The gargoyles are a hoot.

Just for fun, I gave lots of gold to Malakar in the first scenario one day, just to push the invading humans back into the water. It was jolly. Gnarrr.

Playing (normally again); "Blockade" (scenario 17, sailing back home) and having no fighting encounters with either merfolk or nagas is simple, fulfills the stated victory conditions, gets the "onward" message, but bogs down: it's not victory and it's not defeat, but it doesn't go anywhere. Do I need to pound on both "enemy" leaders? If so, in the sense of the storyline, why? And if so, why isn't that the stated victory condition?
MadMax
Posts: 1792
Joined: June 6th, 2004, 3:29 pm
Location: Weldyn, Wesnoth

Post by MadMax »

Aethirry wrote:The poll question is worded in a way that can only depress MadMax.
The query misses anyone who plays it but doesn't read the forums.
Per comments, there are votes "no" from folks who commented rather a lot in the play-testing forum, or who have played it through once or so. This is stiatistically silly, since if you've played it once, you've played it = yes. Also void of statisticaly relevance as it doesn't relate to folks who'll play any campaign through once and then look for something else, or pull up another random map and have at...
right.
Aethirry wrote:The gargoyles are a hoot.
I use fmunoz's graphics and EP's code.
Aethirry wrote:Just for fun, I gave lots of gold to Malakar in the first scenario one day, just to push the invading humans back into the water. It was jolly. Gnarrr.
:evil:!
Aethirry wrote:Playing (normally again); "Blockade" (scenario 17, sailing back home) and having no fighting encounters with either merfolk or nagas is simple, fulfills the stated victory conditions, gets the "onward" message, but bogs down: it's not victory and it's not defeat, but it doesn't go anywhere. Do I need to pound on both "enemy" leaders? If so, in the sense of the storyline, why? And if so, why isn't that the stated victory condition?
It's a bug. At one time, you did have to kill the enemy leaders, but I changed that and forgot to make the code changes. I *WOULD* upload a new version, but I can't seem to connect to the campaign server. I have attached a fixed Blockade.cfg, which is also considerably harder.
Attachments
Blockade.cfg
(3.64 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
"ILLEGITIMIS NON CARBORUNDUM"

Father of Flight to Freedom
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/FlightToFreedom
dtw
Posts: 478
Joined: September 27th, 2004, 1:32 pm

Post by dtw »

sorry mate but i just think the drake graphics look daft - i just can't take them seriously
Na'enthos
Posts: 401
Joined: June 13th, 2004, 8:02 pm
Location: Netherlands

Post by Na'enthos »

MadMax wrote:okay, six people play my campaign?

It doesn't seem like it's very good. Any suggestions?
It could also be at least partially because it's not finished and standard yet and people tend to start with the standard campaigns which come with Wesnoth. I don't mind the drakes.. in fact I'll probably play your campaign sometime in the future.
elscouta
Posts: 46
Joined: November 21st, 2004, 1:47 pm

Post by elscouta »

My concern about this campaign is that most scenarios doesn't offer a strategic challenge. Too many scenarios don't allow the recruiting of units and are just attack the nearest unit -> attack the nearest unit -> attack the nearest unit -> win
freim
Retired Terrain Art Director
Posts: 1113
Joined: November 29th, 2003, 11:40 pm
Location: Norway

Post by freim »

MadMax wrote:It's a bug. At one time, you did have to kill the enemy leaders, but I changed that and forgot to make the code changes. I *WOULD* upload a new version, but I can't seem to connect to the campaign server. I have attached a fixed Blockade.cfg, which is also considerably harder.
campaignd died on a network error, I've restarted it now.
MadMax
Posts: 1792
Joined: June 6th, 2004, 3:29 pm
Location: Weldyn, Wesnoth

Post by MadMax »

MadMax wrote:okay, six people play my campaign?

It doesn't seem like it's very good. Any suggestions?
That was five months ago and before the campaign server came out, don't mind it.
elscouta wrote:My concern about this campaign is that most scenarios doesn't offer a strategic challenge. Too many scenarios don't allow the recruiting of units and are just attack the nearest unit -> attack the nearest unit -> attack the nearest unit -> win
The only scenarios that do not allow recruiting are Rebellion, Open Ocean (which is not even a battle scenario, just blockade running), and Epilogue (which is not even a true scenario).
frame wrote:campaignd died on a network error, I've restarted it now.
Thanks!
"ILLEGITIMIS NON CARBORUNDUM"

Father of Flight to Freedom
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/FlightToFreedom
pepin
Posts: 1
Joined: March 4th, 2005, 9:01 am

I play it.

Post by pepin »

I had play it several times (during development). With this new drakes it is COOL.
Thanks to all developers, very good story -> good campain.
Mu
Posts: 55
Joined: February 10th, 2005, 6:01 pm

Post by Mu »

If I played in the past but not in the present, what sould I answer.

Anyway the reason I left the campaign is the same as Turin. I don't like Drakes, and you can't make nothing to it.

But I want to encourage you. I think it is necesary a campaign of Drakes (it is necesary at least one for each faction).

I liked the way it started, i don't want to spoiler, but that was original.

I liked also the animals that spread across the map.

But, sorry, I don't like those reptiles.
MadMax
Posts: 1792
Joined: June 6th, 2004, 3:29 pm
Location: Weldyn, Wesnoth

Re: I play it.

Post by MadMax »

pepin wrote:I had play it several times (during development). With this new drakes it is COOL.
Thanks to all developers, very good story -> good campain.
Thanks!
Mu wrote:If I played in the past but not in the present, what sould I answer.
The poll is hopelessly out of date, and I will delete it.

EDIT: Crap, I can't.
Mu wrote:But, sorry, I don't like those reptiles.
I don't really like them in MP either.
"ILLEGITIMIS NON CARBORUNDUM"

Father of Flight to Freedom
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/FlightToFreedom
Post Reply