Am I asking too much?

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Captain_Wrathbow

Re: Am I asking too much?

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

I just have to pop in and say-- it's really not that hard to learn WML! It's not even a real programming language- it's a markup language. Anyone who has even minimal experience in any programming language could learn WML in a couple weeks. I would encourage you to try to learn it- it will be well worth it in the end. :)

Anyway, good luck on your campaign! :D
Daravel

Post by Daravel »

There will be 8 main characters who are the only units to follow from scenario to scenario - until the end.

There will be units who will be available to one or two scenario's. For example, when the are heading towards the prisoner camp to free the sister, they will find some humans who have fled their town which has been attacked and has the orcs holding people prisoner ready to move to the camp. These people will stay with you for the attack on the village and when you move on, they will stay. On another quick note, another unique element is that in this scenario the other loss condition is to not have too many of the villagers killed.

So, in this way, when the player has a greater force to defeat, they will have access to more units. At the very end, when they must face the armies of the Northern alliance, then the player will be able to recruit - but in a more interesting way than in normal campaigns.

I also plan to combat the issue of reduced units by having scenarios that don't focus on raw combat. For example, in the first proper scenario the plan is to have an orcish party moving along a path through the forest. They move on a set path and you must destroy them all. There will be choke points and water and such and the player has to plan an ambush.

Does the story I have posted fit within the story of SotBE?
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

Well, if it takes place before SotBE, the only info we have about pre-SotBe is that there was a war. The war was ended with a treaty.
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
usr-sbin

Post by usr-sbin »

Well, the only problem that I have is that if you are going to make it so that you fail if you lose a character then the slightest mistake could cost you the game which personally I don't like having to repeat it until I do it flawlessly. Maybe if you make it so that if the main character dies then you lose but you can carry on if a minor character dies, the only problem that I can see with this is that you will have a lot of dialogue that will have to be said by another character if the original speaker dies.
Continuing Siege of Soradoc