Love to Death for bfw 1.9 (not bfw 1.8)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Pp2

Love to Death for bfw 1.9 (not bfw 1.8)

Post by Pp2 »

This threat if for comment and bugreport of Love to death version 0.7.4 and higher for battle for wesnoth 1.9.x (actually only going to be 1.9.x). If you use bfw 1.8.x, go to the original threat.

Also, Huston confirmed he will upload the UMC music pack when bfw 1.9 binary will be available but not before but it is mandatory to have it to play, so if the campaign doesn't load at all, make sure you have the UMC music by downloading it on the 1.8 add-ons server and unpack it with the same dir name as the name of the archive minus the .tar.bz2 in (your path to wesnoth userdata folder here)/add-ons/(archive name here, sorry if I don't know what it is but I am actually on osx, not on linux and I did not download the UMC music on it.)

Also, if you get a lua error on scenario 6, it is a know issue and I will upload a fix as soon as I reboot on Linux today.

Lastly, the plot of the last third of the campaign (only two scenario done so far) will change when Geos will have finished wrinting it so if you have any comment on the plot, only mention them if it is about the plot of the first 12 scenarios.
cormag

Re: Love to Death for bfw 1.9 (not bfw 1.8)

Post by cormag »

Ok so i'm running the windows version of LTD and first of all, love the campaign. I am however hitting a glitch on test of faith where Aleva is supposed to die. I assume the drakes are supposed to spawn and attack you. However they are spawning on Aleva's team. Not sure what causing it because i dont understand the coding of the game. Just thought i'd report it.

Also, not sure if it makes a difference but here are the choices i made

Sided with necromancer
told truth
killed karos

EDIT: also not updating mission, still telling me to meet tanas even after she appeared
disembowler

Post by disembowler »

Has this been resolved?
I have the same issue:
No matter which answer I give to Tanas, the Drakes that are spawned are on my team and won't attack me. I also haven't found another way to die. When the turns run out, the scenario end as defeat.

Is there a trick somewhere or is this simply a bug?

Previous choices:
Sided with Necromancer
Told truth
Sacrificed Karos and Sacrificed Necromancer (tried both)

FYI - BFW 1.9.13

Any help is appreciated!
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

You may be out of luck there, as the creators of Love to Death aren't really around anymore. :(
At least I wasn't able to contact them for months now. So, if no one else is going to take this over, or they will return, it's rather unlikely that this will get fixed.
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
disembowler

Post by disembowler »

Oh...I see. That's a pity. So far it's been a great campaign and was really looking forward to complete it.
But thanks for the info!
MrRearden

Post by MrRearden »

I had the same problem on addon Live-to-death on Wesnoth v1.10. For unknown reason Drakes spawn config line {SCATTER_UNITS 8. blablabla doesnt feel "side=" changes.
I found the workaround:
inspect you 12_Test_of_Faith.cfg and change side=1 to side=2 and vice versa. Don't touch {SCATTER_ line"
Restart program.
Thats works for me, but Aleva spawns in other place.