Orcish Campaign: The Founding of Borstep

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

gaojicainiao

Re: Orcish Campaign: The Founding of Borstep

Post by gaojicainiao »

Finished.
Thank you, Adamant14 and beetlenaut.

Though I don't make Traditional Chinese overlay, it doesn't matter.
These two languages are very similar, Chinese can read and understand both languages easily.
Attachments
Simplified Chinese overlay.png
Chinese translation.zip
(106.31 KiB) Downloaded 259 times
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

Okay, great! I think I've got it working. Would you mind checking the text and the map in at least one scenario? (I did upload a new version of the campaign, but I didn't update the version number because most players who have already downloaded it won't see the new parts.)
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

beetlenaut wrote: October 4th, 2019, 5:06 am ...(I did upload a new version of the campaign, but I didn't update the version number because most players who have already downloaded it won't see the new parts.)
I think TFoB last version is 1.1.3a on Wesnoth 1.12 (1.14 hasn't been ported yet).
Sorry for my english, I'm not english native.
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

DukeSwampy wrote: October 4th, 2019, 7:17 am 1.14 hasn't been ported yet
No, I ported TFoB to Wesnoth 1.14 around the time it came out. The version of TFoB on the current add-on server is 1.1.6.

TFoB on Wesnoth 1.12 works as far as I know, but is no longer supported.
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
gaojicainiao

Post by gaojicainiao »

"Ubor"(阿博) doesn't exist in the .pot file and "Krag-Ubor"(拉格-阿博) in the .pot file doesn't work too.

Some strings in the .pot file were changed in the latest version, here are the strings after changing:

"Killing wild boars will strengthen the tribe. Every boar you kill will immediately heal all of your units by 2, 4, or 6 hitpoints, depending on the size of the boar." (杀野猪能强化部落。你每杀一头野猪,就能立刻恢复所有单位2点、4点或6点生命值,取决于你杀的野猪的体格。)

"If any unit is killed, it is replaced by a ghost of the same level. The unit retains its experience and levels up immediately if it has enough." (任一单位被杀时,他会变成一个同级的鬼。单位会保留已有的经验值并在经验足够时立刻升级。)

If you can fix the translation, then correct the translation of this string, please:
"But not Krag-Ubor! <i>Everyone</i> is scared of him!"(但赶不走拉格-阿博!<b>所有人</b>都害怕他!)

Oops! There is also Traditional Chinese...You can correct and send me the .pot file, I will fill and correct the translation and test again.

Maybe the reason why "Ubor" wasn't included in the .pot file is that the "Ubor" in 01_New_Leader.cfg has no the punctuation "" ?
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

gaojicainiao wrote: October 4th, 2019, 9:09 am Maybe the reason why "Ubor" wasn't included in the .pot file is that the "Ubor" in 01_New_Leader.cfg has no the punctuation "" ?
Oh no! You're right, I forgot the punctuation on that line. I fixed that, and also updated the objectives to match the current style while I was making changes anyway.
Attachments
tfob.pot
(65.27 KiB) Downloaded 313 times
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
gaojicainiao

Post by gaojicainiao »

beetlenaut wrote: October 5th, 2019, 6:45 am I forgot the punctuation on that line. I fixed that。
Thank you. "Ubor" can work now.
And sorry, I forgot to tell you that "Krag-Ubor" doesn't work is also because of lacking of "".
2019-10-05 15_15_28-C__Users_Host_Documents_My Games_Wesnoth1.14_data_add-ons_The_Founding_of_Borste.png
No need to generate and send me the .pot file again, I fixed it and make the translation files work successfully. Just add the punctuation in 01_New_Leader.cfg, then all will be OK.
Attachments
Chinese translation 2.zip
(106.77 KiB) Downloaded 306 times
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

Okay. Thanks for all your work! I uploaded it again. I hope it is all good this time.
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

I'm starting played this ancient unofficial campaign on 1.14.9, thanks for maintaining it for long time. :)
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

Finally finished this campaign, here's my feedback! :D Thank you for porting 1.14, beetlenaut.
Regards, Swampy.

vghetto

Post by vghetto »

Hi,
Just to let you know, I copied some of your units and files (images+sounds) into my mod.
Thanks.
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

02.Thieves.cfg line 423
I'm guessing there are missing parenthesis. It was supposed to be amount="$(($unit.level+1)*2)" maybe?
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

You're right. That was the first formula I tried, but I changed it later. I'm not sure how the original one ended up in the uploaded version. Thanks for catching it!
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide