The Warpworld-Vampire Campaign for version 1.8

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

zookeeper
WML Wizard

Re: The Warpworld

Post by zookeeper »

Don't use ~ in any paths except include paths. That is, not in [binary_path]s.
Vladcara

Post by Vladcara »

Thanks zookeeper (i should put you on the payroll :lol2: )
'Wow, Brazil's big!'
George Bush, when shown a map of the world
Aura

Post by Aura »

Is it now working ? If so, please upload and I'll play through it.
Vladcara

Post by Vladcara »

Here it is
Attachments
The_Warpworld_1.7.rar
(398.85 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
'Wow, Brazil's big!'
Aura

Post by Aura »

First thing, Valen's Lv 1 stats are very strong. I suggest 46 HP, 5-3 dagger, 4-2 fangs with all the current specials, and 10-1 staff. And less XP to level (around 40).

And the second scenario crashes before it loads.
Vladcara

Post by Vladcara »

ok, ill take your advice on the stats, but as for the exp, its possible to level him by the end of lvl 3 already. Do you think altering the stats would counteract lowering the exp, or should i leave it as it is?
'Wow, Brazil's big!'
Aura

Post by Aura »

Yeah, because he should get less kills with lower stats the lower XP shouldn't change the campaign as much as it seems. If you add a Lv 4 for him it's even less of a problem. I can get the hero to Lv 2 in scenario 1 in some campaigns, and it's not too bad if he levels fast as that means the player will have few other Lv 2s and he will be needed at base to recruit.
Vladcara

Post by Vladcara »

Fair enough. Ive altered him by the amount you suggested, and his level up in a similar way. Ill release the new files with the next scenario. What do you think about the rest of the campaign?
'Wow, Brazil's big!'
Vladcara

Post by Vladcara »

Ok, here is the latset update with all 8 current scenarios. Don't forget to tell me what you think of it all :D

EDIT: and i fixed the bug that made it crash-a typo :oops:
Attachments
The_Warpworld_1.7.rar
(400.83 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
Last edited by Vladcara on March 27th, 2010, 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'Wow, Brazil's big!'
Aura

Post by Aura »

I couldn't get it to work still :( The images worked for me only when I had an older version in my folder campaigns, which leads me to believe your paths are still not correct. Then it crashed after scenario 1 was over.

EDIT: I'll try that version either now or tommorrow and see if it still crashes.

EDIT 2: Good, the images work now, that's something.
Last edited by Aura on March 27th, 2010, 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vladcara

Post by Vladcara »

Try it now-it works on mine, and ive deleted all the old versions
'Wow, Brazil's big!'
Aura

Post by Aura »

Valen's HP still looks too high to me. Otherwise new stats look good.
Vladcara

Post by Vladcara »

oh yeah-forgot to change that, hang on

EDIT: There
Attachments
The_Warpworld_1.7.rar
(400.83 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
Last edited by Vladcara on March 27th, 2010, 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'Wow, Brazil's big!'
Aura

Post by Aura »

Right, I'll edit this post as I find comments on the campaign. Reply to them all after I have done editing please.

1) Maybe allow a human cultist to be recruited on Lv 1, and make it that unit type that runs down to talk to Valen. A third unit type would be nice. I can make the graphics if you want.

2) The grass tiles on Lv 2 look somewhat bland as a mass of grass, maybe mix it up with some dirt/sand/other grass types.

3) Pump up the Lv 2 leader to a Lv 3 wolf rider. I defeated him turn 2 when he ran and took a town under my base. Or add 1-2 extra wolf rider leaders allied to the original but can also recruit their own units. Perhaps adding more leaders would be better since it gives a better appearance of a horde that is so big Valen must flee.

4) Add some wierd/blackened terrain around the warpgate in Lv 2 to show it warping the surrounding terrain some and making it look more mysterious/cooler. Also maybe add a warpgate guard mutant thing that shows up to defend it ?

5) Give the player around 18 turns in Lv 2. 12 is not enough to reliably reach the gate enough times to win often enough to keep people interested.

6) Vary the terrain in Lv 3 and make the elemental camps not all just touch the walls. Make the map smaller too so the leaders aren't as spread out and put some way of getting gold if not actual villages. The element leaders have cool names though :)

7) Add some kind of explaination why Bloodborn show up in Lv 3 (Valen's powers growing since he is closer to Warp place or whatever).

8) The water elemental doesn't fit inside that lava terrain well. Either detail each camp for it's respective element power or remove them.

That's all I have for now, please answer and I'll comment on the next scenarios as I have time to play them :) I may sound picky but I like to pick out lots of details in stuff I evaluate. All in all though, pretty decent, and you have the makings of a fun and successful campaign. I might have to get you to work on my Era's campaign when you are done with this one :P
Vladcara

Post by Vladcara »

Ok, I've made a few changes, based on your suggestions. Here goes:
1)The outlaws basically take the place of the 'cultists'. I may make some replacement units for them in the future-if you can create some suitable sprites that would be great-but for now I think I'll leave them as they are

2)Good point-this has been addressed

3)I like the idea of more Wolf rider leaders, and have added an extra one. One question: Would a third be better?

4)The void terrain already there kind of is effect of the warping power of the gate. As for the mutant guard, the Vampires created the gate in the first place, so any guard there would help them, not attack them

5)It is possible to win the second scenario in 8 turns (I've done it!). However, that was by running Valen straight to the Warpgate, which some players might not want to do so I bumped up the turn limit as suggested

6)Ok, I might vary the terrain, but you have to bear in mind that the Gate is a structure, so it would normally be a clean, straight tunnel. However, the Vampire mages haven't been maintaining it properly, so it has started to break up (hence lava/void terrain). The Water elemental, for the same reason, isn't meant to 'fit in' with the rest of the terrain-it is an outsider, as it were. .The elemental camps are against the wall because they have effectively 'pierced' the thin wall between the Warpgate's interior and their own magical realm

7)I'll add one when I acn think of one :D

Thanks for your comments. They are all much appreciated. Here is the updated campaign:
Attachments
The_Warpworld_1.7.rar
(400.95 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
'Wow, Brazil's big!'