Campaign: Expanding Wesnoth

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

someone

Campaign: Expanding Wesnoth

Post by someone »

EXPANDING WESNOTH:
Art Development thread=http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=28434
Current version (0.1.2) Is available in the add-ons server.

STORY:
In the later years of Wesnoth, not long before it's fall, It's current king sends ships to explore the ocean in search of new land. They soon fin a whole new continent in the west, on which five small cities are established. Life goes smoothly at first for the settlers, but soon trouble stirs.
01 Unexpected Guests:
02 More Unexpected Guests:
03 Battle by the Beach:
04 Too Late:
05 Collision:
06 Ambush on the Water:
07 Leans Choice:
08a Hunting with the Pack:
09a+:
08b+:
UPDATES:
0.1.3-New Scenario: 07 Leans Choice
0.3-Upgraded to 1.8, 1st scenario revised, 6th scenario revised
0.3.1-New Scenario: 08a April Showers
0.3.2-New Scenario: 08b The Journey Home, 09a began; not finished
0.3.5-09a completed

Any suggestion, question, comment, or critique is welcome as long as it is constructive. (please post art critique on the art thread)
NOTE: I know the dialog is cheesy; I'm going to re-work it when I get through with most of the coding.
Last edited by someone on July 11th, 2010, 6:32 am, edited 5 times in total.
Expanding Wesnoth

You are an Arch Mage - You're definitely intelligent, but some people would say you spend too much time inside. The power you have learned, however, is simply unmatched.
Gwynnedrion

Re: Campaign: Expanding Wesnoth

Post by Gwynnedrion »

cant play, lots of error reports when I just start the camapign. Seems good though.
”Rise, adept, and tell me about the enemy.”

You are a Horseman: you charge ahead without thinking of the consequences.(80%)
someone

Post by someone »

Strange. Can you post a screen shot? Also what version of Wesnoth do you use?
Expanding Wesnoth

You are an Arch Mage - You're definitely intelligent, but some people would say you spend too much time inside. The power you have learned, however, is simply unmatched.
markm

Post by markm »

There were about three closing tags in a row in April Showers without matching opening-tags, I got the thing to work by removing them then forgot the line-numbers and kept nothing to diff against.

On the bright side though, the offending tags were exactly where the error verbiage said they were.

I was using Fedora 13's wesnoth-1.8.1-1 at the time I think, though recently auto update moved me (or tried to anyway) to wesnoth-1.8.1-2

-MarkM- ("knotwork"; Digitalis Data Services.)
Developing Between the Worlds campaign portmanteau.
Have you eaten today?
someone

Post by someone »

It works on my computer. I'll try updating it.
Expanding Wesnoth

adm

Post by adm »

I had the same problem. I just tried again and now it's working out of a sudden.
someone

Post by someone »

That's good. I'll try to get some more work done this week.
Expanding Wesnoth

Christheturtle

Post by Christheturtle »

What so this does work now or is it still broken? I wont even bother downloading until it's playable.
www.turtlenetworking.co.uk - 25% completed. Adding more servers. Looking for volunteers.
adm

Post by adm »

Just try it. It's a small download. The error was caused by 3 closing tags that didn't belong there. If you still get the error just remove the tags mentioned in the error message. After that the campaign should load.
Gwynnedrion

Post by Gwynnedrion »

I'm using 1.8 newest version. Can't play BoW 'till the weekend (boarding school), will try out then. Great Idea though!
”Rise, adept, and tell me about the enemy.”

You are a Horseman: you charge ahead without thinking of the consequences.(80%)
someone

Post by someone »

A new version is out (1.3.1) on the 1.8 server.

EDIT: Version 1.3.2!
EDIT2:Version 1.3.5
Expanding Wesnoth

tubaman

Post by tubaman »

level 06 is an interesting idea in that you cant recruit at first. but the ambush in the city is rather impossible to survive. Now I know that makes a good ambush, but you are pretty much toast as the human, especially if the general hasn't leveled up yet. Mine has, and i still die in 2-3 turns depending on number of hits they get. Best I have done is I get lucky and kill one of the level 0 the first turn then recall one of my good units (the arch mage or javaliner) but the general still dies a turn or two later. Either allow limited recruitment outside the city, or start the tribal guys father from the keep when they appear. Maybe if they appear in the villages and block the exit and you have to fight your way out or something. Also, whats the point of the bats?
someone

Post by someone »

It's supposed to be impossible to beat. Did you notice you get a victory message instead of defeat? Maybe it needs to be more clear. Any ideas on making it more obvious?
Expanding Wesnoth