Fossil: The Great Journey (6 SCENARIOS ONLINE)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Hulavuta

Fossil: The Great Journey (6 SCENARIOS ONLINE)

Post by Hulavuta »

UPDATE: 3/28/10: This post is pretty much useless now, I'll leave it up just in case, but it's not really relevant. The story has gone under many changes and I'm not going to release the final storyline, but rest assured, it is "good"

UPDATE: 6/5/10: Please visit these threads to contribute to artwork, or unit balance:
http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=30250
http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=29564
Thanks a bunch.

Okay, my third try to make a campaign, and this time, I have a great (In my opinion) story, mixing both my old 2 campaigns storylines. Playing parts of Rise of Wesnoth and Son of the Black Eye will help you understand the story.

For my plan to not be lazy and actually complete this, I will be recruiting people to help out. Jobs I need done are:

People who can make unit data. (I have images) FOUND (Playing The Forgotten Legacy will help you, as most of the new units are from there, and if you played Marsh Era, that would help too.)
People who can help me with the filing-ness of the campaigns. FOUND
People who can help make portraits transparent DID IT MYSELF

More Jobs will be put up as I realize I need them, so subscribe if you are interested.

For people who are interested in the story:
Spoiler:
Anyway, tell me if you are interested! If I get a few people for units, then I will put up the sprites for units.
Last edited by Hulavuta on June 5th, 2010, 1:11 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Limabean

Re: Fossil (New Saurian Campaign I'll actually try to finish)

Post by Limabean »

I don't know if you're aware o this, but tRoW and SotBE are hundreds of years apart. I don't see how Inarix, who as you say is from SotBE, could have been around when Haldric killed Shek'kahan.
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

I was aware of that, and that was one of my problems, but hopefully I'll find a way around it. Maybe that Saurians have different lifespans than humans?
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

You could introduce some sort of magic that increases life expectancy like it is done with Kalenz (who is born at about 0 YW and still around at about 500 YW).
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign
Captain_Wrathbow

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

Hulavuta wrote:People who can make unit data. (I have images)
I'll help with this if you can give me the images.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this will turn out. It looks promising. :)
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

Anonymissimus wrote:You could introduce some sort of magic that increases life expectancy like it is done with Kalenz (who is born at about 0 YW and still around at about 500 YW).
Yeah, I was thinking about that, since there is going to be a mage character, I can use that. Plus, I heard somewhere that Kalenz took out most of the Saurians after Haldric killed the Dragon.

As I have just recently downloaded Marsh Era AND BEEM era, I now have a few more of the unit lines I needed. What I need now is data for the Saurian Armor lines.

They should have 2 attacks, a Ram Attack, which does a lot of damage, but a small amount of attacks, and a normal attack, knives, which is melee and is a reasonable attack. No ranged attack.

Now, I need another unit. You'll probably have the images already, this is called the Saurian Brute, and the images will be the Saurian Skirmisher default images on Wesnoth 1.2 and up. I'm currently running 1.7

It should have 2 attacks, it will fight kind of like the reverse of a Dwarf Thunderer, it will have a super strong melee attack, and an okay ranged attack.
Attachments
Last level.
Last level.
saurian-panoplite.png (2.43 KiB) Viewed 8629 times
This is the second level
This is the second level
saurian-hoplite.png (2.22 KiB) Viewed 8629 times
This is the first level of the Saurian Armor line
This is the first level of the Saurian Armor line
saurian-armored.png (2.27 KiB) Viewed 8629 times
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
Captain_Wrathbow

Ok, I'll start working on those. I suppose this means there's no animation for the Armors?
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

Yep, no animation.

In addition, they should have high hitpoints, but not very good defense. 50% at the most.

Does the WML code from 1.4 work for 1.7?

I originally had the portraits up here to transparentify, but I did it myself.

I've also decided that there is NO possible way that Inarix could have lived that long, because it's over 800 years apart. (Insert DragonBallZJoke here) Possibly, that part about the Dragon leaving and junk will be just in the intro, instead of actual levels.

If anyone is wondering, I plan to use the Augur portrait for Naxis, since he is an insane skald, and I plan to use the tribalist portrait for Skaltrax.
Attachments
Augur.png
Augur.png (29.87 KiB) Viewed 8599 times
Soothsayer.png
Soothsayer.png (26.67 KiB) Viewed 8599 times
Skirmisher.png
Skirmisher.png (17.93 KiB) Viewed 8599 times
~Sierra
Captain_Wrathbow

Hulavuta wrote:Does the WML code from 1.4 work for 1.7?
No, some syntax changes have happened since then.
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

Such as what?
~Sierra
Captain_Wrathbow

Let's see, I know there's a thread somewhere that lists all of them but off the top of my head I can think of:

[unit] --> [unit_type] (when defining a unit type)
description= --> id= (inside a unit creation tag)
user_description --> name= (inside a unit creation tag)

I know there are a few more and I'm not even sure if I got these ones right. Someone add more or correct mine if I messed up.
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

Oh, I thought it was something really major.

Okay, I've decided that the part about the Dragon and such will be in the intro only, and the first few levels of the campaign will be Inarix breaking from the Saurian Country. Therefore, it will not seem as if Inarix is over 800 years old.
~Sierra
Captain_Wrathbow

Working on your units finally. (got a little tangled up in real life) I ought to have them done by Monday night, unless I'm just being lazy. :wink:

Oh, and a question- is the brute supposed to have advancements or just be a single level one unit? I assume there should be advancements so I'll plan on that unless you say otherwise.
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

Yeah, advancements, probably going to go Brute-Gladiator-Champion

They're going to use the Ambusher Flanker sprites, of course.

And, instead of using the image in the image files of wesnoth, I'd appreciate if you put the images in the campaign's unit images file and used that instead.

Um, I need 1 portrait done, should I just post it here or make a topic in Art requesting it?

And, I've made a few adjustments to the story:
Spoiler:
In case you didn't want to read the spoiler, one question that I asked in there is that is it possible to make the enemy able to recruit walking corpses that are the Saurian variant?
~Sierra
Captain_Wrathbow

Hulavuta wrote:Um, I need 1 portrait done, should I just post it here or make a topic in Art requesting it?
Make a topic in art. I doubt many artists looking for work would come here to find it.
Hulavuta wrote:In case you didn't want to read the spoiler, one question that I asked in there is that is it possible to make the enemy able to recruit walking corpses that are the Saurian variant?
I'm sure there's some much more efficient way, but with my limited knowledge, I would probably just make a unit using the images you want, give it a different id, but name it walking corpse and give it WC stats.