NEW: Elvish Dynasty RPG

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

lebluedude

Re: NEW: Elvish Dynasty RPG

Post by lebluedude »

This... is excelent, I like it.

By the way I'm on chapter 18 or so of the Ooze campaign mini-novelisation project, I'm sorry it's been so long since I've logged in or posted it V.V.

So here's what advice I have, and what I have to say: I'd like to see some more character carryovers from ooze mini campaign. not many, but Aurellia's ex boyfriend would be fun to see again. Also I would like to see more events that effect later campaigns in major ways. For example, allowing the clerics into your domain causes a rebellion in the middle of fighting against the humans in the end. I really liked that, and I hoped that many other choices would have similar effects. For example, saving ALL of the silver mages in that one campaign might see them coming to your aid later, and stuff. And knowing Kirellie's past should make more difference too.

I also liked how some campaigns had extra optional objectives for greater reward. I would also like to see more of those, and I would like to see side effects later down the road of some of those choices. Also, I'd like to see a few recruitable heroes with unity magic, Byront says she'll tell you when more heroes show up, but none shoed up...

And I wanna see more of Byront and Flashear, maybe a little miniplot where you can try to help along their romance/break them up! I thought it was soooo cute!
Ruksa

Post by Ruksa »

First off, this is great. political undertones are hilarious at times, thought provoking at others. well written, coherent, cohesive, etc. also original. really dynamic use of the wesnoth engine.

i just beat coastal defense on easy level, wesnoth 1.8.2 and it crashed. after letting me know all the rewards i would have received. saveloaded to turn 19 and it worked fine (of course I lost an extra unit on the second go. murphy's law i suppose). ??? Swamp defense now. Allied AI is so frustrating!!! the red mage moved into the water to attack. stupid but whatever. after killing his victim he decided to HAVE A BATH and just sat in the lake. GRRRR.... I know nothing of coding of WML, but where do I begin? Shouldn't units that have nothing to do seek better defensive terrain? or try to heal? or bake bundt cakes? I know this is sort of off-topic and ubiquitous in every 'help ally' scenario but it sure is frustrating.
Ruksa

Post by Ruksa »

ummmm how do you kill invix? i touched the stone, and then i ran over to attack invix and his wounds immediately healed anyway... do i need to keep the other enemy leaders alive? or not attack invix with aurelia prior to touching the stone? or kill ALL of the other leaders before touching the stone? or cheat?
SpenceLack

Post by SpenceLack »

Ruksa wrote:ummmm how do you kill invix? i touched the stone, and then i ran over to attack invix and his wounds immediately healed anyway... do i need to keep the other enemy leaders alive? or not attack invix with aurelia prior to touching the stone? or kill ALL of the other leaders before touching the stone? or cheat?
If you touch the stone with Aurelia after you're told to touch it, then attack Invix with Aurelia he should be killed in a cutscene.

But I'm going to take a look at the whole mod this week and make sure it's working OK.

I'm considering making a non-combat solution to this level as well. As sort of battle of wits vs. the dragon.

I'm also going to take a look at Coastal Defence per your comments. I've been working the last few weeks on a major rewrite of the unity magic code. I think I've finally ironed out all the bugs with unity magic, so if all goes well I should be posting v1.0 in about a week.
Ruksa

Post by Ruksa »

Thanks for the quick reply.
I did touch the stone, but LOOOONG after I was told to. I used Invix as a punching bag for quite awhile (5 exp for each attack, as long as you slow first it's pretty safe due to passive leader AI) before I touched the stone so maybe that's what threw it off. Trying again... so much for shortcuts to glory.....
for what it's worth, unity magic is a pretty awesome idea.
Ruksa

Post by Ruksa »

okay i won.
i think you can torment invix all you want with other units - OR - you can do so after you touch the stone; but if you try to raise aurelia's xp by beating on him (somehow the second attack MUST be the killing blow) the cutscene won't happen. i suppose it serves me right, but it's still a bit of a glitch. maybe a dire warning to not attack the dragon again with aurelia would suffice? failure to heed the warning and you automatically die? ("Invix breathes deep the gathering storm and the power of the stars emanate from his eyes. As he exhales, you smell the hair singe from flesh that melts from your bones.") or whatever. something less dramatic might work too.
Glowing Fish

Post by Glowing Fish »

Great campaign!

I keep on playing it to find out what scenarios will come out...I thought I had played them all, but from reading this thread, it seems I have missed a few.

The randomization is fun, but it can also occasionally make the game hard to win. Some of the paths offered don't allow for much combat, which means that it is kind of easy to get all the way to the first "mandatory" fight, the coronation, with few or no Level 2 units. This is especially true since some combat missions (the naval one, the 40 thieves), don't allow you to use your normal army. So after playing them once, I don't want to choose them again on later play-thrus.
Don't go to Glowing Fish for advice, he will say both yes and no.
styles1005

Post by styles1005 »

I think that the combat scenarios are way too hard. Part of this is that you can't tell it how much gold to start a scenario with, etc., so after tending to the kingdom you often have much less gold than you would start most scenarios in campaigns with. Another thing is that because of the randomization feature, you can't start off with easy scenarios and go to harder ones, thus making it that much harder. I also think that the coronation should come a bit later - it's awfully hard (or so it seems to me.)

EDIT: As a way to help with this, maybe have something to tell how many scenarios in you are and adjust difficulty accordingly?
*has nothing else to say*

Necromancy most foul! - Doc Paterson

All hail my new campaign, Lords of the North! Now on the add-ons server!
kstrategy

Post by kstrategy »

Hi , Wanted to say that I loved your campaign and is my favourite campaign in Wesnoth.

I found a curious thing in the finale.
Dont know if it is a bug, by sacrificing one of my units in the killing circle
around towers I was able to kill all units enemy units in the killing circle !!
I made use of this and used my mini oozes as sacrifice and won without much trouble.
I played in 1.8.2 played around two months back.

Once again thanks for this wonderful campaign and also mini ooze campaign..
Tharamaatheli

Post by Tharamaatheli »

In "Swamp Defense" Professor Mattison keep charging the nagas,even move as far as 10 grids away from its original position and occupy villages.
Is this work as designed or a bug?
Because i see the white mage didn't move.

IMO Mattison should be researching his stone rather than wandering away,whats the point in defending a unit when it just want to suicide?
Player can't even block his path,if the map only have one direction to attack/defense then i can see the point of increased difficulty,but as it is now player can only use peasants to defend other directions while the main host take down leaders...
Which means almost certain death for Mattison,unless you R/L numerous times and goes where Mattison goes.
csarmi

Post by csarmi »

I picked the highest difficulty and I couldn't find a single battle-map so far which seemed doable. 20 turns and 50g vs 200-500? With stupid AI's to protect, too? Come on!

Edit: I did find some, afterall, but I had to skip a lot of battles. They were simply impossible.

I managed to do the Rebellion, Invix (this one was very easy, i killed all leaders and Invix, would have been more satisfying, however, if I wasn't told I had to run when all enemies were dead) and the swamp (I took all villages by turn 5 or so with my 9-13 mp units).

Bugs on the last map (fight with the humans):

1) the 'guards' around the ballistae don't stay put (I mean they move forward like normal troops, even if there is no one in range).
2) I attacked an AI unit from one of the X-marked spots (the AI was standing on an X-marked spot too). Result: everyone around that ballista died on the X-marks (yes that means the AI lost 3 units at once).
Bridgeburner_Private

Post by Bridgeburner_Private »

I just got done playing this game for the second time. It is my favorite by far. The story is not my usual cup of tea; however, it is unique and well thought of. This along with interesting level designs and gameplay just makes it a great play. My only criticism is that it is a little short, but I do tend to like really long campaigns. I just want to say as an encouragement to the developers, that this is a great idea and I hope to see more Wesnoth games like this created.
Walkerlos

Post by Walkerlos »

Don't know if anyone is still interested in this...first off great campaign, also the Ooze "prequel", finished both some time ago.
Hope there is any chance the evil storyline will be added, right now only the "forgive everything and stay elf"-option is available at the oracle, and i'm really interested in any variation :wink:.
Bridgeburner_Private

Post by Bridgeburner_Private »

Well just thought I would say it again after playing this campaign again. This is an amazing campaign. I hope the maker of this campaign considers making another one like this, or that other developers or designers consider this as an inspiration for making their own. It is one of the most unique uses of the Wesnoth system I have seen ("To Lands Unknown" being another really good example of a unique use of the system). I hope I don't die before playing another game that tells its story through this method.
danman5550

Post by danman5550 »

Sorry if I posted before this, I'm confused.

First of all, I liked the ooze campaign and when I saw another RPG-type, I jumped for it.

The only problem is that I can't get out of the Sacred Glade. No matter what I do, it still won't let me go to Affairs of State. How many turns does it take? I've gotten the timer to 30.